Where would you want to have a secret base?

FiresThatBurn

Where would you want to have a secret* base? Like on another planet or underwater?

Simple:

You write where you want a secret base with what ever.

Rule:

Keep in in our Solar System. Moons and asteroids are allowed.

Have fun :)

For me: I'd want one on the Moon at the top pole, I'd want a bubble like top with adjustable gravity and I'd want A GIANT FREAKING KERBAL PLUSH THAT ALLOWS ME TO SIT IN ITS LAP!(wink sink Squad) and I'd also want a giant underground facility that at any moment I could launch a bomb at the Earth.

*Secret I mean by not having most people know

In a no-holds-barred scenario, I'd prefer one just under the ice of Enceladus. Nice low gravity, lots of water to use for everything, and, if I picked the right side, a great view of Saturn and its rings. The water would also be easy to electrolyze and use as fuel, and then the other awesome moons of Saturn (like Titan!!) would be in easy reach.

Of course, in real life, I would be totally against landing anything on Enceladus or Europa besides completely-sterilized uncrewed probes, because contaminating a world that could possibly have alien life with Earth life would be tragic. Instead, I think some tiny moonlet of Jupiter or Saturn (Elara, maybe? Cute name), or maybe even a Kuiper Belt object like Pluto or Eris, which would be an excellent place for secrecy, but not a great spot for remote monitoring (which I don't personally care about anyway).

My very favorite idea just from a great-place-to-live perspective would be a floating airship base on Jupiter. It would have to float high enough that storms wouldn't wipe it out within a day or two, and ideally, low enough that the atmosphere would filter out the worst of all that angry radiation floating around out there. You'd also have a beautiful view of all the cloud layers and storm formations (I hear Jupiter has fantastic lightning), and might be able to filter useful things from the atmosphere. So yeah, floating base on Jupiter would be awesome. Of course, it would require some mad fancy technology like vacuum-filled airships or maybe some kind of physics shenanigans to use the magnetosphere for superconductor flux pinning (probably impossible, but would be cool), but we're already making the assumption that we can fly a random girl out to Jupiter just because she asked, so that's comparatively trivial. :sticktongue:

I like this train of thought, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alemagno12

In some planet (if possible) that nobody can find me and ban me for necroing too many posts :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Slough. It's the last place they'd expect.

Edit: I would have a secret train that took me to an underground entrance under everywhere like the White House, Buckingham Palace, the Kremlin, etc so that I could sneak in and skulk around wearing a lizard mask just to troll the conspiracy tards.

Edited by Seret

just because it keeps company from some rough and shady individuals does not mean it that it is one itself. come on give ceres some love. pluto has charon to keep it company and they just dont care what the rest of the planets think of them. its not like they live all alone in a rough neighborhood or anything.

Edited by Nuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.