The 0.25 Waiting Room, now boarding passengers heading to Hypetown

Rowsdower

What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?

• Shuttle
    • Plane
    • Train
    • Other

okay, okay, I understand your love of the one original. I am not suggesting a new breadwinner- you can't change the predecessor.

but before you instantly reject the hypeplane- calling it delusional, substituting the train,

logically dismantle why not to have the hype plane- without just saying 'because trains are better'

after all, it is more thematic!

Hype Train is bigger than KSP! It exists outside of just the KSP community!

Serious question time: will the crew transfer allow crew to go throughout a fuel tank? I hope so otherwise that will require a lot of space station redesigns, which will not happen.

I sincerely doubt people will re-build their vessels to accommodate IVA transfers, really. Ultimately nobody cares about having to go EVA to transfer Kerbals, except when you're transferring more than one, then it's a bit of a chore. I guess this makes transfering Kerbals possible while ripping through low atmosphere, but I can't think of a lot of scenarios where that's necessary. It'll matter more when we get atmospheres that are life-threatening, but as it is meh.

I'm willing to bet they'll transfer like fuel does: click each part in transfer, click transfer and the Kerbal will magically be in the new part.

Personally I'm in favor of a hybrid hype vehicle consisting of a train with wings powered by hype steam propellers which beat against the fabric of the universe itself, allowing the #hypePlaneTrain to fly effortlessly through the vacuum of space.

I sincerely doubt people will re-build their vessels to accommodate IVA transfers, really. Ultimately nobody cares about having to go EVA to transfer Kerbals, except when you're transferring more than one, then it's a bit of a chore. I guess this makes transfering Kerbals possible while ripping through low atmosphere, but I can't think of a lot of scenarios where that's necessary. It'll matter more when we get atmospheres that are life-threatening, but as it is meh.

I'm willing to bet they'll transfer like fuel does: click each part in transfer, click transfer and the Kerbal will magically be in the new part.

I agree this is probably the case, which means a new Connected Living Space will be needed to restrict it. It will probably replace the CLS front ends, but not the back end.

Why did you close my thread and set up an "official" thread instead?

That was explained in the first post

Why did you close my thread and set up an "official" thread instead?

You've been PM'd.

So, Is this basically just a place for people to post image macros all day?

<backs out slowly>

If you're having hype problems, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems, but a train ain't one.

(For serious discussion, go HERE)

Edited by Rowsdower

Personally I'm in favor of a hybrid hype vehicle consisting of a train with wings powered by hype steam propellers which beat against the fabric of the universe itself, allowing the #hypePlaneTrain to fly effortlessly through the vacuum of space.

Dang it, the HybridHypePlaneTrain was my idea. I like the propellers though :P

This is interesting, though:

A huge overhaul on particle effects results in much better-looking part explosions.

If that's slotted for .25 I might be a little excited. The tiny death star *pops* we have now have been anticlimactic.

I mean most parts that explode shouldn't even be exploding, I'd love to see more crash tolerance in general and joint disassembly be more common over every part being filled with gunpowder as it is, but it's a start.

Transferring Kerbals within a craft or station has been made easier by allowing players to do so without the need for the Kerbals to leave their capsules and fly around. A new button that will increase your thrust to 100% will be added.

Yes! Two things I always wanted!

I'll have a HypeShuttle ready to go soon...

Looks like splitting up planes into planes and shuttles will cause the train to win.

Oh well, I can console myself with the knowledge that I'm already on the Hype Train with a nice sleeper cabin right up front with a good view of the scenery.

The very, very, ground-centric scenery.

Looks like splitting up planes into planes and shuttles will cause the train to win.

Oh well, I can console myself with the knowledge that I'm already on the Hype Train with a nice sleeper cabin right up front with a good view of the scenery.

Turn on terrain scatter :wink: and look for craters.

Regardless of the divide the consensus seems to point towards a flying hype vehicle