Next Mod I'd like to see incorporated into stock KSP

Tweakscale is a bit flawed. KSPi "lite" comes with it or something very similar and... I end up never using it unless I have to because it just doesn't seem to scale the engines right, and scaled fuel tanks look ugly as sin. The only time I have to use it is to scale the reactors up and down because KSPi lite only comes with one size of each type.

Fortunately the "proper" KSPi is back in development so I'll probably be going back to that. Speaking of mods to add, well, probably KSPi. It has a nice difficulty curve where you don't have to bother with all the complexity unless you really, really want to do tritium refining or thorium mining or whatever.

Also the stall behaviour of FAR without the tissue paper physics. That's some nice stalling right there, heaps better than "angle of attack greater than X? YOU FLIP UNCONTROLLABLY."

Oh and maybe MusicPauser. Ahem. You know, just because.

Edited by technicalfool

I hate Tweakscale and try to avoid using it as much as possible. One of the fun parts of the game is to come up with novel ways to use each part to solve a problem. If and when I find that there isn't the part I'm looking for then I check for mods that contain it, then and only then I'll use Tweakscale. There's many more mods that should be made stock before this one. And I'm pretty sure that they're only interested in adding part mods not scripts

The biggest problem I see with tweakscale is that (realistically) most design are created for a specific size and wouldn't actually have the same stats at different scale.

And in term of game design it also break the whole point of weighting the advantage & inconvenient of each engine as there would always be superior engine/part if scaled linearily.

And I'm pretty sure that they're only interested in adding part mods not scripts

Just checking - you're aware that 0.25 is adding basic functionality of Enhanced Navball (a plugin), FloorIt (a plugin), and some kind of crew transfer, possibly similar to either Ship Manifest or CLS (both plugins), right?

Just checking, is all.

would require a re-texture of each part with a way to set which parts get modified with those options (using alpha channel can do that) still a lot of work for the artists

And, back on the topic of the thread, is also something that could really do with a UI polish and integration into stock. It has to be done before the game is complete; painting your rockets is part of building your rockets. Pleeeeze let us have it now, Squad?

Either of these utility mods:

Atmospheric Trajectories

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93685-0-24-2-%28Atmospheric%29-Trajectories-v0-2-3-%282014-09-24%29

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80292-0-24-2-Flight-Manager-for-Reusable-Stages-%28FMRS-v0-2-00%29

The first mod allows you to see predictions for where your spacecraft will actually LAND given the affects of atmospheric drag. It also works with FAR and/or spaceplanes (it assumes you point prograde unless you enter in planned angles of attacks for a descent profile), so it should work perfectly well whenever they get around to updating the aerodynamics model to something more realistic and permanent than the current placeholder model...

The second mod allows you to fly back dropped stages to the ground without being restricted by their disappearing when on rails in the atmosphere. Basically, what it does is create a parallel quicksave for each of the dropped stages, and then integrates the state of each dropped stage into the main save once they are landed. It's a great and easy-to-understand workaround for the limits of the current game engine in building something like a Space-X style rocket or reusable drop-tanks...

Of course, I would very much like to see something like FAR (the only thing "harder" about it than NEAR are aerodynamic failures- which could easily be configurable via the upcoming difficulty settings- body lift actually makes the game EASIER, for instance...), Deadly Re-Entry, or any of the In-Situ Resource Utilization mods (we're up to three now: Kethane, Karbonite, and the ISRU aspect of KSP-Interstellar) implemented into the base game as well.

Oh, and the ability to scale-up Kerbin through a difficulty slider, or a 2-3x scale-up of the base game (enough to make things more believable, when you can't see the curvature of Kerbin from near the surface, without significantly reducing the accessibility or lengthening mission times) would also be nice... I currently play with RSS 6.4x, and think that even a 6.4x scale-up (KSP is at 1/11th real scale) would be a bit much for most players, but 2-3x would be *perfect*.

Regards,

Northstar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.