K-Day Landing Challenge

KSC is controlled and defended by opposing forces, you need to launch an assault landing under enemy fire and make your way to the VAB as fast as possible. There are several different defences guarding the space center, so proceed carefully. Using either an amphibious vehicle or a boat to deploy a rover you must make you way to the shore while dodging enemy attention and then make your way past the shore to the VAB - simple enough? The faster you can make it and the more awesome your plan and design the better! Reply below with details/pictures/videos of your attempts!

Note: You'll need BD Armory for this and this save file.

Premise: KSC in controlled by the enemy, you need to get to the VAB from off the shore of the KSC.

Starting position: Minimum 4km off the shore of the KSC in a box extending from the edge-most turrets (described in-video).

Goal: Touch the door of the VAB with your craft/kerbal, if with a craft you must have a kerbal with/on you.

Rules:

• You MUST be team B at all times for you craft (and sub-crafts) from when you begin
  • No flying or using a vtol system
  • You MUST approach and land in the corridor indicated in the video
  • You must have a living kerbal in/on/with your craft when you touch the door of the VAB to score
  • No damaging/attacking the defences, ultimate pacifist assault
  • If you fail then you MUST reload from before your assault, no wasting enemy ammunition!

BTW that is super hard and speed isnt cutting it...i was going 100+ m/s near the shore and the guns obliterated me

have you completed it yourself EE or just was making an impossible barrier for us to cry over?

Edited by EladDv

What does the K stand for?

Everything

Short question. If I bounce and glide a little bit when I hit shoreline, does that count as flying(illegal), or jumping(morally illegal but borderline acceptable)?

I have some lift generating surfaces placed just to facilitate this jump (from shoreline almost to flat area).

In any case, turrets still obliterate me...

Hmm, I really should have mentioned that... technically I guess you can since I didn't state you couldn't use weapons as a defence... so go for it! Bonus points if you can do it without though.

So no attacking the defenses? Dangit, my plans of building tanks and putting them on the land with boats has been foiled.

I thought that I had completed the challenge, but I misunderstood the rules, so it probably breaks the non-flying rules ;.;.

Here is a video of my attempt:

As I am a beginner in recording, I have realized just after that I wasn't recording the sound, so I have put some music instead.

PS: Sorry if I make some mistakes, I'm French and my English level is not perfect :P

Edited by Cocosmik

EE, you son of a.... you're the best. This has chewed up a good chunk of my last two days, and I haven't had this much fun in Kerbal in a LONG time. Thank you. Granted, some time went in to deciding I didn't want to commit to B9 for this. FUN, but damn those physics. So it's stock + BDArmory only. BD is my first ever mod and it's your fault! I mean, Thanks. I'm recording using this stone poop shack to breach KSC tomorrow and hopefully I can resist the urge to edit it for a week.

mrguEZj.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.