[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

On September 20, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Canberra Gaming said:

I'm starting to believe it's Windows 10 honestly. I'll run a test in compatibility mode.

Did you enable the Doppler effect in the camera tools GUI? It won't change anything just using the new .dll, you have to check the button that says "enable Doppler effect" That button was not there previously.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BarryDennen12 said:

I tried out that older .dll with the doppler enabled, and while it adds the button back in it also results in Camera Tools not really working properly. Anyone know if just the doppler part of the old .dll could be pasted into the newer one, or would that just crash?

"Older" .dll? There is a newer one on the github page that's like 3 months old. That is the one with the Doppler button. The .dll in the normal release does not have Doppler enabled at all. Did you replace the just the dll? What is "not working" exactly? I have it running with Doppler enabled on 1.0.5 so if you need some help just let me know.

Sorry for not elaborating. When I say 'not working', I enable Camera Tools (with the home key) and the camera does peculiar things like locking to a ninety degree angle, and none of the buttons in the Camera Tools UI respond to me clicking on them.

I'll double check that I'm trying the same .dll. Not sure if this is relevant but I am using the 64-bit hack for KSP as well. I'll cry if that's the problem haha, the game was always crashing for me in 32-bit.

EDIT - the three month old .dll was a different filesize to the one that I had in there already. If I slot that into my Camera Tools folder the plugin no longer shows up in the toolbar.

Edited by BarryDennen12
New stuff has come to light, MAN

4 hours ago, BarryDennen12 said:

Sorry for not elaborating. When I say 'not working', I enable Camera Tools (with the home key) and the camera does peculiar things like locking to a ninety degree angle, and none of the buttons in the Camera Tools UI respond to me clicking on them.

I'll double check that I'm trying the same .dll. Not sure if this is relevant but I am using the 64-bit hack for KSP as well. I'll cry if that's the problem haha, the game was always crashing for me in 32-bit.

EDIT - the three month old .dll was a different filesize to the one that I had in there already. If I slot that into my Camera Tools folder the plugin no longer shows up in the toolbar.

That's strange... I also run the x64 hack so that's not it. You may have something goofed in your install. Try a fresh instal of Camera tools. Then replace that .dll. If the issue persists. You may want to do a fresh install of the game and all your mods. Just be sure to back up your saves and what not. 

Now you are (replacing) the .dll right?

Yeah, I re-downloaded Camera Tools and then replaced that .dll with the 3 month old one, it causes Camera Tools to not show up in the button bar. Weirdly enough, I had both .dll's in there by accident before and that caused the plugin to be visible with the 'audio effects' button, but it had that issue where the UI wasn't responding to mouse clicks.

Glad to hear it's not a 64-bit issue though!

- EDIT - Camera Tools still works if I just download it and run it as normal, though

Edited by BarryDennen12
just thought I should mention

6 hours ago, BarryDennen12 said:

Yeah, I re-downloaded Camera Tools and then replaced that .dll with the 3 month old one, it causes Camera Tools to not show up in the button bar.

Hm, that's strange. That's exactly what I did.... I wonder why it isn't working for you.

• 3 weeks later...

never doubted this would come along eventually. The waiting was still hard tho :P Those sonic booms were beautiful to hear every time

I might actually do sound with my launch videos now. We still need some decent sound sets though.

One thing that wasn't shown so I have to ask - does this affect onboard cameras as well so that when you're going faster than sound or in too thin of an atmosphere the audio is affected?

Edited by Gaiiden

Update/Hotfix v1.4.1

- Ability to save persistant settings
- Fixed part audio too loud when stationary
- Fixed inability to select auto position without unchecking manual position
- Stopped sonic boom being played when vessel breaks sound barrier after wavefront already passed camera
- Increased sonic boom volume
- Temporary fix for silent atmospheric audio when >~600m/s

Recently reinstalled this mod, and I flipping love the new features, ESPECIALLY the doppler effect and the sonic boom. It just adds a whole new level of camera shots!
But I still have a few things I would like added, so here are my personal suggestions:

Spoiler

1) I feel that another camera mode should be added, where just like in the good ol' mod "KerbCam", you can stick the camera to your craft or part. I don't know if that's already in this mod, but I've tried and failed spectacularly.

2) A randomiser for the "auto flyby". I notice that it's always on the same side every time, and it would be nice if it was different every time, without brining the HUD up. The way I think it should be implemented is to have 3 fields, X, Y and Z, with 2 number boxes indicating maximum and minimum distance you want, and a button saying "randomise". The mod will then pick a number between those 2 points and set that as the next flyby. Or you could just have it truly random.

3) Maximum zoom speed. Let's say you tick "auto zoom" and you fly by in a plane, the camera will zoom in, back out and back in again, as the craft passes, respectively. But sometimes I feel it zooms in and out too fast, or too slow. So maybe have a slider that'll set how snappy the zoom is in that mode?

All the suggestions in that spoiler, I think should be added to an "advanced" tab, and also maybe move some of the other functions already in the mod to there as well, so it doesn't daunt new users as soon as they open it ^_^

Again, I love this mod so much, and it's very well built. Keep it up :)

P.S: This is my first forum submission in MONTHS, so cut me some slack, formatting wise xD

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.