[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

Adding a "me too" to the camera tools icon not showing up.  I can't bring up the window with / or [home] either. 

KSP 1.05, Camera Tools 1.5. Windows 10 32bit, openGL mode.

I cleared out the CT folder, then tried to reinstall from the download on spaceport.  No luck.

I'm a long time mod user so I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly (CT folder in the gamedata folder).

On 3/26/2016 at 3:30 AM, bmyers831 said:

Adding a "me too" to the camera tools icon not showing up.  I can't bring up the window with / or [home] either. 

KSP 1.05, Camera Tools 1.5. Windows 10 32bit, openGL mode.

I cleared out the CT folder, then tried to reinstall from the download on spaceport.  No luck.

I'm a long time mod user so I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly (CT folder in the gamedata folder).

Please post your output log

21 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Due to discontinuation of KerbCam and incompatibility with KSP 1.1, I'm working on adding a pathing tool to Camera Tools.

Here's what I have so far:

BahamutoD... You are a godsend. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Short and sweet. Seriously though, thank you so much for this...

Dude! That's fantastic!

Hey The last version for 1.0.5 (CT v1.5.1) Did anyone else have "issues" getting Camera Tools to cooperate in orbit? I am aware of the "orbit" check button. But overall. It was just acting strange like The camera start position was unpredictable as well as often would not start in the same position repeatedly. I got it to "work" but it just seemed a bit off. I don't want to call it a bug yet as I am heavily modded (100+). And I want to keep tinkering with a stock 32 bit install before I wine like a big fat baby.

Edited by V8jester

v1.6.0 Prerelease 1

https://github.com/BahamutoD/CameraTools/releases/tag/v1.6.0pre1

The prerelease for KSP 1.1 is ready for testing.

To use the path tool, switch to the pathing page using the arrows at the top.

Create a path, name it, then add a new key.  When you add a key, the camera tools movement keys take over.  There's a new combo for controlling the roll of the camera - hold right click and middle mouse button simultaneously and move the mouse left or right.

When you click Apply on the keyframe window, the position and time of the keyframe will be saved.

Keyframes also store the FOV zoom level of the camera.

To revert to normal KSP camera control, hit the Revert key (default End).

To begin playing the path, hit the Activate key (default Home).

Remember to click save at the bottom to save paths.

Known issue: (simply forgot to fix this before uploading) The saved paths won't be loaded right away when you switch scenes or restart the game.  Just hit the Reload button at the bottom to load the saved paths.

Interpolation rate can be adjusted to get smoother transitions between keyframes.  The lower the value, the smoother; the higher the value, the more exact.

The path timescale value can be adjusted to slow the overall speed of the camera path (doesn't affect game speed).

For now, the path positions and rotations will always be relative to the active vessel.

Here's a vid of my messing around with it so you can get a sense of how it works:

Edited by BahamutoD

22 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Due to discontinuation of KerbCam and incompatibility with KSP 1.1, I'm working on adding a pathing tool to Camera Tools.

Here's what I have so far:

You just saved the future of the content producer community. Awesome work! ;)

I love you for this, that's just really awesome.

One request: with the new update it's possible to move the camera around inside the vessel, by enabling the interior view. Unfortunately the 'camera sensor' is too big, so half the time it's clipping into the faces of some kerbals or into the walls. Would it be possible to add an interior mode that reduces the size, so the camera can fly through vessels without clipping into someting?

Many thanks!!

A quick bug/incompatibility report:

When using Better Timewarp's slow-mo physics warp, the camera's position freaks out, normally ending underground. Furthermore, it then seems to disregard the position is has been set in, as far as it no longer sticks there. The issue doesn't occur with standard physics warp

Further testing shows pretty much an entire incompatibility, unfortunately; keyframes get mispositioned, and can't be moved, the dogfight camera's position get's thrown too

Edit: Added to GitHub too

Edited by MrMeeb

Quick suggestion: if you hit the dogfight cam in IVA mode, would it be possible to get an IVA cam to track targets like a conventional padlock view? I guess that is not as simple as tying the default IVA camera target to your target because these things never are...

Dogfight cam again: Zooming further out/changing camera FOV when the focused craft is flying at a large angle to the camera vector & back in when it's nearer the vector might give a better idea of relative motion to the planet, I'm not sure though ( I guess autozoom is already doing something motion related? ). Just a bit odd sometimes when the focus craft pulls some sort of half loop & it seems to just rotate around an axis. Maybe the camera position needs to rotate around the craft ( picture a circle on the viewport around both craft of radius "offset", and the camera vector going through both circles - that way they're both in view always, but the focus craft can move around the screen rather than be stuck at one offset ). Not sure of the rules describing how the it works yet, I need to go watch some more dogfight vids.

Also I think the doppler effect needs some clamping/damping/reduction of gain, hearing a few odd things with piston engines.

Edited by Van Disaster

The pathing option is fantastic!  In the video where he's creating key frames he corrects the angle of the camera after rotating.  How do I do that angle correction?  You can see what I'm talking about at the 10 second mark in this video. 

Another question... Is there any way to make the paths persistent?  I imaging setting up a few standard shots that I would want to repeat over and over again.  If they could  be loaded them from disk then we could build a library of shots and build on previous work or work shared by others. 

Just want to say that Scatterer seems to not work properly with Camera Tools. I have no idea if I should be posting this here or over at Scatterer, but the ocean seems to extend to infinity (to the horizon), even through the ground :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.