[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

9 minutes ago, D-licious said:

When is this being updated to the latest version, I have so many ideas and need this mod for them, thanks in advance <3

It works flawlessly. Has graphical glitches only with scatterer, as far as I know.

Take this version:

Request: For the full 1.1 version of Camera Tools could you consider looking at how Kerbcam did smoothing? As far as I know the compound mode in Kerbcam took into account all the keys in a path and they would all influence each other throughout the playing of the path. In the Camera Tools, when set to the smoothest setting, it still feels like it will play one movement from key to key without much influence from the keys ahead of it. It's somewhat hard to explain but Camera Tools seems to complete one transition then do the next with smoothing inbetween. Whilst Kerbcam compound mode would weave the keys into a more graceful and combined movement.

Thanks for making sure a pathing tool is still available for KSP filmmakers, it really does mean a lot. :)

4 minutes ago, HatBat said:

Request: For the full 1.1 version of Camera Tools could you consider looking at how Kerbcam did smoothing? As far as I know the compound mode in Kerbcam took into account all the keys in a path and they would all influence each other throughout the playing of the path. In the Camera Tools, when set to the smoothest setting, it still feels like it will play one movement from key to key without much influence from the keys ahead of it. It's somewhat hard to explain but Camera Tools seems to complete one transition then do the next with smoothing inbetween. Whilst Kerbcam compound mode would weave the keys into a more graceful and combined movement.

Thanks for making sure a pathing tool is still available for KSP filmmakers, it really does mean a lot. :)

Yes please.

2 hours ago, HatBat said:

Double yes please :D

3 hours ago, HatBat said:

Triple yes please :P

oh bby a triple

13 hours ago, HatBat said:

Quadruple Yes :D

Just so I'm clear and I know which versions to install on which copy I have of KSP, the latest release version of this mod v1.5.1 is set for KSP v1.0.5, and the v1.6.0 prerelease is kinda sorta set for KSP v1.1.0....?  v1.1.2?  I'm not trying to nag I just wanna make sure I understand.

Hey @BahamutoD, it would be nice if this plugin followed the MM rules of folder layout, where the settings file goes into a PluginData folder. If the settings.cfg file is not in the PluginData folder then every change to it forces the MM to rebuild the cache during game start and increases the loading time significantly.

Edited by Enceos

• 3 weeks later...

Are there ant (decent) tutorials out there on how to use this? Whenever I set anything up it just focuses the camera to under the launchpad, regardless of what I do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2016 at 9:57 PM, Enceos said:

It works flawlessly. Has graphical glitches only with scatterer, as far as I know.

Take this version:

Does this version work with 1.1.2? Because I couldn't get the stationary camera work properly and other camera options are also buggy. Are these due to it being outdated or am I doing something wrong?

If these problems are due to it being outdated how can I fix the code to get it work with 1.1.2?(For any modders/coders out there) I really need this mod.

Edit: I can use it now. It was not working since I had the time control mod installed.

Edited by Starior

On 6/17/2016 at 2:31 PM, Starior said:

Does this version work with 1.1.2? Because I couldn't get the stationary camera work properly and other camera options are also buggy. Are these due to it being outdated or am I doing something wrong?

If these problems are due to it being outdated how can I fix the code to get it work with 1.1.2?(For any modders/coders out there) I really need this mod.

Hi, I am using the pre-release version with 1.1.2 and it works ok.

Here is a video I made a week ago.

by the way someone knows how can I automate the change of camera behavior?

can it be integrated with kOS?

Edited by Tochas

Hi folks,

A few posts have been pruned that were requesting updates, or criticizing the lack of updates.

Just a friendly reminder that requesting a mod update-- or asking when it will be updated-- is prohibited by forum guidelines (specifically, rule 2.3.f), if anyone has previously asked about it.

Mod authors put in lots of time and hard work, for free, to produce shiny toys that anyone who wants to can use, asking nothing in return.  And mod authors are people, too, who have their own real-life responsibilities that need to take priority over modding.  So let's show our appreciation by not jostling their elbows or breathing down their necks, shall we?

A mod author produces a mod-- and, if so inclined, posts about it in the mod's thread-- purely at their own initiative, because they have the time and inclination to do so.  Posting to request an update, or to complain that one has been a long time coming, is completely unnecessary in addition to being a poor way of showing appreciation for someone who has produced something for free.  Trust me, the mod author knows there are plenty of people out there who would eagerly like to get something new, so you're not providing any new information.  All that such posts accomplish is to harass the mod author, which is perhaps not the best way to motivate someone.  If the author hasn't posted anything, it's because he has chosen not to do so, and the least we can do is to respect that choice.

So please, just chill out.  There may be an update tomorrow.  Or maybe in a week.  Or maybe a year.  Or maybe never.  It's entirely up to the mod author (and rightly so.)  Whenever it will be, if ever... it's completely out of your hands, so there's no point in posting anything about it.  Just watch the thread, and I'm sure the mod author will post if-and-when an update is available.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 19.6.2016 at 2:57 PM, Snark said:

So please, just chill out.  There may be an update tomorrow.  Or maybe in a week.  Or maybe a year.  Or maybe never.

completely agree !! ^_^

On 19.6.2016 at 2:57 PM, Snark said:

Mod authors put in lots of time and hard work, for free, to produce shiny toys that anyone who wants to can use, asking nothing in return.

completely agree !! ^_^

- ok, wants to take this opportunity not be polemical, but if you do not see the work behind a mod you will never understand this.

unless someone donates that's exactly right. I had to learn

- everyone pays without asking a few cents on a mp3 song - a real pity the same can not for mods done ... I can not understand to this day. - So this is the resultat of mod developers.

- I at least do this so in the future - no credit - no further development

I copied everything in the mod's game data folder into my game data folder, but the mod won't show up in game. I used Camera Tools back in 1.0.something, and it worked. Did 1.1 break it?

10 minutes ago, Adik3714 said:

Make sure you download and install the latest release from here. It's been working for me in 1.1.3.

Thanks so much. Now it's working with v 1.6.0.

Does anyone have problems with the game locking up if your vessel is destroyed when in camera mode? If there are any other vessels around to switch to (or broken parts) I can make it work. Otherwise I have to Alt-F4 and restart. Some things respond to input like the camera controls but trying to go to the space center does nothing, same with reverting. If anyone has this problem and knows a workaround that would be great. Otherwise I'll just be careful when flying!

On 6/27/2016 at 6:43 PM, mekaerwin said:

Does anyone have problems with the game locking up if your vessel is destroyed when in camera mode? If there are any other vessels around to switch to (or broken parts) I can make it work. Otherwise I have to Alt-F4 and restart. Some things respond to input like the camera controls but trying to go to the space center does nothing, same with reverting. If anyone has this problem and knows a workaround that would be great. Otherwise I'll just be careful when flying!

That just happened to me!

It was weird. I was like, "what in the world????"

Don't know any workaround...

yet.

Edited by Concodroid

Hey everyone.  Sorry for being MIA all this time.  I didn't have school or a job for the last couple years which is why I had so much time to work on KSP mods.  I've returned to college to finish my degree, so school, work and relationships have been taking up all my time.  

I won't be working on any of them for the foreseeable future, but their licenses permit anyone to take over if they wish.  I hope I can return one day.. I miss you all!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.