[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

On 7/5/2016 at 10:18 AM, BahamutoD said:

Hey everyone.  Sorry for being MIA all this time.  I didn't have school or a job for the last couple years which is why I had so much time to work on KSP mods.  I've returned to college to finish my degree, so school, work and relationships have been taking up all my time.  

I won't be working on any of them for the foreseeable future, but their licenses permit anyone to take over if they wish.  I hope I can return one day.. I miss you all!

Totally understand. I look forward to the above-mentioned "one day"!

On 9.11.2016 at 9:37 PM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I belong to the BDArmory (Continued) development team.

I'm glad to announce that I just released the new version of CameraTools ready for KSP 1.2.1. 

You can download the new version from:
https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases/tag/v1.7.0

Enjoy!

Will this mod be available through CKAN also?

On 11/10/2016 at 9:37 AM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce that I just released the new version of CameraTools ready for KSP 1.2.1. 

Enjoy!

Praise be! :D

Cupcake...

On 11/9/2016 at 3:37 PM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

Enjoy!

@jrodriguez Want to take over CT permanently? I was maintaining it mostly because of Time Control. I am moving house over the next two months so won't have time to do any code updates.

3 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Where are the camera parts in 1.2.1?  I looked everywhere but can't find them.

Wrong mod. That sounds like HullCam VDS.

CameraTools has no parts. Just a plugin and a GUI for Filming with a moving camera angle.

It works! Thanks guys!

There's just one little thing ... The absolutely most fabulous part of Camera Tools is the doppler effect. I'm not sure it's in a released version but if it's so, it's not working anymore. I have a 1.05 unreleased dev build with it.

If it can be implemented or repaired, you'd make a lot of movie makers extremely happy!

Edited by Azimech

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, John The Physicist said:

I'm getting an anomaly with the Camera tools patch. Every time I use the camera, when reverting to normal position to control it focuses on the root part (i.e. the probe top of the rocket)

I can confirm this. After using camera tools the camera focus goes to the root part, not the center of mass.
When right clicking the root part, it also says "Reset Camera" and not "Aim Camera" so the focus is indeed "officially" on the root part.
Would be nice if we can change that back to Center of Mass = No part focussed. :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, my google-fu is failing me for this mod.  I'm trying to figure out how to use pathing, and I can't seem to find any instructions on it.  If I missed it somewhere in this thread can you please tell me which page it's hiding in, otherwise if someone can point me in the right direction for a tutorial or explanation, I'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 6:17 PM, Jebs_SY said:

I can confirm this. After using camera tools the camera focus goes to the root part, not the center of mass.
When right clicking the root part, it also says "Reset Camera" and not "Aim Camera" so the focus is indeed "officially" on the root part.
Would be nice if we can change that back to Center of Mass = No part focussed. :)

I also get a warning that the mod is not compatible on the main start screen of KSP.  Also the part focusing after stopping to camera tool.  Other than that I love this mod.

On 1/13/2017 at 10:46 AM, V8jester said:

Are you using the lates Caretaker release by @jrodriguez?

https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases

I'll check when I get home but I thought I was.  Will update this post with the answer.

**Edit** I was using the wrong version, I have the newest version and don't get any compatibility warnings, but the focus of root part does still happen.

Edited by Wren
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.