[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

9 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I just tried it, it's easy to reproduce this error.

Just removed ALL mods (/folders except Squad) and installed Camera Tools 1.8.0 via CKAN (which also installs Module Manager) on KSP 1.2.2.

With that "vanilla+CameraTools" install I was able to reproduce the "CT breaks music volume"-problem easily. It's still there.

See this video.

As stated above your post ... KSP.log, modlist and computer specs please

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 3 weeks later...

@jrodriguez Not sure if I should even request a feature here or at all, but I'll just put it out there for the future.

Camera Shake: Change it to two different modifiers; Size and Intensity. A large size with low intensity would look like a camera trying to track the movements.

Here's a video to show what I mean, see how in certain scenes the camera doesn't shake intensely but moves around because of the aircraft/camera is trying to follow the movement of the other planes.

Also another thing to add : Allow frame of reference for pathing (i.e; surface and initial velocity) and if possible, have those toggle only in selected keys. Or just have a feature like Kerbcam, setting the camera relative to other crafts.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:22 PM, Supergamervictor said:

@jrodriguez Not sure if I should even request a feature here or at all, but I'll just put it out there for the future.

Camera Shake: Change it to two different modifiers; Size and Intensity. A large size with low intensity would look like a camera trying to track the movements.

Here's a video to show what I mean, see how in certain scenes the camera doesn't shake intensely but moves around because of the aircraft/camera is trying to follow the movement of the other planes.

Also another thing to add : Allow frame of reference for pathing (i.e; surface and initial velocity) and if possible, have those toggle only in selected keys. Or just have a feature like Kerbcam, setting the camera relative to other crafts.

Hi @Supergamervictor . Sorry but I don't think I will add new features to this mod. I'm just doing the basic maintenance.

On 7/5/2016 at 11:18 AM, BahamutoD said:

Hey everyone.  Sorry for being MIA all this time.  I didn't have school or a job for the last couple years which is why I had so much time to work on KSP mods.  I've returned to college to finish my degree, so school, work and relationships have been taking up all my time.  

I won't be working on any of them for the foreseeable future, but their licenses permit anyone to take over if they wish.  I hope I can return one day.. I miss you all!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded this last night and only had about five minutes to play around with it.

It's quite a complicated and sophisticated piece of software, and I've no doubt it's going to take a little effort before I'm fully familiar with all it can do.  However after just futtering about with it for a few minutes I couldn't help but be impressed with what it can do.  I placed the camera very close to the launch pad and the way the rocket looked as it arched over into the distance was really like something straight from NASA!

I wonder if there's any way of slowing down the action.  I'm thinking back to the days when Apollo was running, and sometimes you would see clips in which everything was running much slower than normal speed during take off, and indeed in one case during the jettisoning of the interstage between the first and second stages.  To be fit to do that would be awesome, especially for you film makers out there who could use it as part of an opening sequence for example.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2017 at 5:04 AM, The Flying Kerbal said:

I just downloaded this last night and only had about five minutes to play around with it.

It's quite a complicated and sophisticated piece of software, and I've no doubt it's going to take a little effort before I'm fully familiar with all it can do.  However after just futtering about with it for a few minutes I couldn't help but be impressed with what it can do.  I placed the camera very close to the launch pad and the way the rocket looked as it arched over into the distance was really like something straight from NASA!

I wonder if there's any way of slowing down the action.  I'm thinking back to the days when Apollo was running, and sometimes you would see clips in which everything was running much slower than normal speed during take off, and indeed in one case during the jettisoning of the interstage between the first and second stages.  To be fit to do that would be awesome, especially for you film makers out there who could use it as part of an opening sequence for example.

If you get the BetterTimeWarp mod, it has the option of doing a slow-mo physics warp.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2.10.2017 at 2:32 AM, Wingnutt said:

Is anybody else having trouble getting this to work?  Its no longer on CKAN so I installed in manually but its not showing up in game.

I've just tested this version in 1.3.1 and it works. ( https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases )

However, there is still an old bug present, that after one uses Camera Tools, the ksp space music volume then changes volume when zooming in or out the vessel until you restart KSP.
Normally the music doesn't change volume when you zoom in or out. Sound does, but music should not. Maybe @jrodriguez could take a look regarding this issue? :)

BR
Jebs

Edited by Jebs_SY

9 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I've just tested this version in 1.3.1 and it works. ( https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases )

However, there is still an old bug present, that after one uses Camera Tools, the ksp space music volume then changes volume when zooming in or out the vessel until you restart KSP.
Normally the music doesn't change volume when you zoom in or out. Sound does, but music should not. Maybe @jrodriguez could take a look regarding this issue? :)

BR
Jebs

Hey I will do a recompile for 1.3.1 soon and also for latest BDArmory. It seems the  BD dogfight camera is not working properly and I need to investigate.

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Like what I do, make a full release, make a release thread, update CKAN and provide support, etc

The thread here still says 1.0.5, which is confusing if someone is looking for it.

No It is not :) I have been  only doing the basics. Basically, making it usable . 

I will more than happy if someone else is willing to take over it :)

Edited by jrodriguez

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.