[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

43 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Does this https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases work for 1.3 also?    Or is it just for 1.3.1?

It should work fine in KSP v1.3.1

If you experience difficulty then please consult the BDAc help desk located at the forum thread below (this thread should have been closed a long time ago)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, nricolas360 said:

Hello everyone,  

I recently download a mod (CameraTools) for 1.3.1 (the actual version of the game) and the mod just doesn’t work and I want to know if someone else have this problem :)

Have a good  day and save fly :D 

Please consult the following thread for links to Camera Tools and other mods created by @BahamutoD

5 hours ago, nricolas360 said:

I downloaded this version but it’s still no fonctionnel.  

I’m using those mods : 

rFV2mGA.png

And that would be due to the version in this thread being for KSP v1.0.5 .... visit the thread I posted above for links to Camera Tools that works with KSP v1.3.1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 3:02 PM, nricolas360 said:

I already downloaded this version.

Reveal hidden contents

XdprjHL.png

But it doesn’t work.

Reveal hidden contents

NGgeXcv.jpg

No "CameraTools" icon ....

Since you are using KSP version 1.4 or higher (based on the white icon), we cannot guarantee it will work, as a recompile for the latest Unity version included with KSP is likely needed. However, the white button is likely the icon you need to click.  try that and let us know if the mod is working.  I will be addressing this mod soon.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 3/29/2018 at 4:31 AM, nricolas360 said:

The white button is PlanetShine ^^

Hide contents

8fM578b.png

Then you are using an old version of PlanetShine.  It is now version 0.2.6.1, found here:  

Additionally, Camera Tools is not yet 1.4.x ready.  Since you are using KSP 1.4.x, I would expect problems.  I know you are on version 1.4.x, because the PlanetShine 0.2.5.2 Icon is white.  That is how it behaves on KSP 1.4.x

Please verify your KSP install...

Edited by Papa_Joe

@jrodriguez

Thx for the new release. :) May I suggest 2 small changes?
In camtools.cs in front of line 954 one could add:  if (audioSources.name.Equals("MusicLogic")) break;
Which fixes the problem, that after using CT the music volume changes when zooming (view distance to the vessel).
And in CTPersistantField.cs line 8 to:  public static string settingsURL = "GameData/CameraTools/PluginData/settings.cfg";
And move the settings to PluginData. This special named folder is known by modulemanager and having the settings there makes modulemanger NOT invalidate the cache each time camera tools changes its settings.
This gives a faster startup for highly modded installs.

4 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

@jrodriguez

Thx for the new release. :) May I suggest 2 small changes?
In camtools.cs in front of line 954 one could add:  if (audioSources.name.Equals("MusicLogic")) break;
Which fixes the problem, that after using CT the music volume changes when zooming (view distance to the vessel).
And in CTPersistantField.cs line 8 to:  public static string settingsURL = "GameData/CameraTools/PluginData/settings.cfg";
And move the settings to PluginData. This special named folder is known by modulemanager and having the settings there makes modulemanger NOT invalidate the cache each time camera tools changes its settings.
This gives a faster startup for highly modded installs.

Hi @Jebs_SY . Would you mind to send a Pull Request with those fixes?

@jrodriguez
Never done that, yet and have few time to fiddle into new things, at the moment. And what I always wonder, does one really fork a repo to add a 2 line change pull request? Seems like a lot of overhead.
It's really only the one added line in the first thing and the added /PluginData/ in the second. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I am doing Realism Overhaul - so downgraded to 1.2.2....tried to use the compatible version of CameraTools in this thread for 1.2 but no icon shows up in game.

I even just got the base game to 1.2.2 with no other mods except Cameratools and no icon shows up

for clarity, i just put it in GameData like all other mods, correct?

any other ideas or what I might be missing?

On 7/12/2018 at 7:50 PM, EndTraveler said:

does this work on 1.3 ( which also means 1.4)

ummm, that is an oxymoron as expecting a mod to run correctly after a major version change is an exercise in futility (not trying to harp on you, I just found your comment amusing since in certain circles the very same situation/context is a proliferant meme) ... for the most part any mod the is compiled in KSP v1.3.x will not work in 1.4.x without at least a recompile 

As for if it works .... as the friendly giant would say, 'look up, look way up into the sky' :D

Meaning your answer is only a couple posts above your question .... might help to scroll up a bit :wink:

2 hours ago, MR_STYLZ said:

Hello,

I am doing Realism Overhaul - so downgraded to 1.2.2....tried to use the compatible version of CameraTools in this thread for 1.2 but no icon shows up in game.

I even just got the base game to 1.2.2 with no other mods except Cameratools and no icon shows up

for clarity, i just put it in GameData like all other mods, correct?

any other ideas or what I might be missing?

So might I suggest looking up?

It may not directly solve your problem but I am sure the friendly giants suggestion as stated above might be of assistance to you (DISCLAIMER: You're gonna have to read something ... Honestly, reading the instructions can be helpful at times)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.