[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

I just tried the new release of this, thanks for keeping it going.

Path mode seems to have an issue if you save a path and then want to use it again when reloading the kerbal save file. I had a path going around the KSC, but when I reloaded the game the first point of the path was in a different position and pointing up at the sky. Might be to do with the rotation of kerbin or its orbit around the sun? It seems like the path tool needs to store its reference frame.

3 hours ago, BarryDennen12 said:

I feel a bit of a dunce for asking, but did the doppler effect get broken again at any stage? I'm trying the aforementioned 'caretaker' release and it doesn't seem to work.

Yes, when KSP 1.1 arrived. AFAIK hasn't worked since. Should be easy to fix because the feature is embedded in Unity. But I'm no programmer.

On 9/18/2014 at 9:13 PM, BahamutoD said:

- Keys:

8: forward

5: backward

4: left

6: right

7: up

1: down

9: zoom in

3: zoom out

I'm a bit confused as to how the pathing mode works. Could somebody clarify that for me?

Awesome mod! Even from what I know how to use, I love it!

@Wren or @ any care taker...

How is your mood for modding at the moment? :)
I have a small issue, that is at the same time a deal breaker for me. Using KSP 1.22 and the latest CT version.

As soon as I use a camera from the CT, the music volume in the flight scene is broken. You can see this here in this video. From then on, the music volume on the flight scene (not on the map scene) changes with the camera zoom. :(

Not even going back to the KSP main menu is fixing this, one needs to fully restart KSP. Is there any chance to fix that?

Regarding the "focus goes back to root part instead of the center of mass"-issue, I know, that the mod camera focus changer is going back to the center of mass, so there one maybe can look, how it works.

Maybe this is even related and fixed together. :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Stillkill said:

This is all good and all, but can you update to 1.2 plz?

A member of the BDArmory team has taken it upon himself to maintain this mod in Baha's absence

Here is @jrodriguez's github releases page for Camera Tools: https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases

Be advised that it was compiled for KSP v1.2.1, however I haven't noticed any issues running it in v1.2.2

I missed adding a link to this mod to the BDArmory Continued thread and will correct this in the near future ... in the meantime you can find other Baha mods that have been taken on by our team or other modders in the OP of the BDAc thread: 

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Columbine said:

Hi,

Can somebody know if this mod will be operational for 1.2.2 very soon ? because i tried to make it work on this version but the keys are'nt working at all..

Thank you !

Camera Tools works fine in KSP v1.2.2

There will be a warning when starting up KSP that says CT is only for KSP v1.2.1 but you can ignore this as it works as is

I  would like to figure out how to  fly past an orbiting, rotating object  (like a rotating space station in orbit) without the camera rotating in unison with the station.   Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks

18 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

I  would like to figure out how to  fly past an orbiting, rotating object  (like a rotating space station in orbit) without the camera rotating in unison with the station.   Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks

Targeting

- Click "Set target w/ click" then click on a vessel or part to set it as your target

- You can also just click target self to target your active vessel's command unit

- The camera will point at the target you select.

35 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Targeting

- Click "Set target w/ click" then click on a vessel or part to set it as your target

- You can also just click target self to target your active vessel's command unit

- The camera will point at the target you select.

Thanks.  When I do this, the camera follows the target as it follows the prescribed path.  But the camera rotates in sync with the target as it flies the path.  (The target is a rotating station).   I'd like to have the camera fly past the target but not rotate as it flies by.   

16 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

There will be a warning when starting up KSP that says CT is only for KSP v1.2.1 but you can ignore this as it works as is

But when i sintalled the mod on 1.2.2, the icon on the toolbar wasnt here and when i tried to open the mod with / on my keypad, the window was freeze on my right screen border...

57 minutes ago, Columbine said:

But when i sintalled the mod on 1.2.2, the icon on the toolbar wasnt here and when i tried to open the mod with / on my keypad, the window was freeze on my right screen border...

So what I believe is happening is you are downloading from the link in the OP of this thread 

Please go to the following thread and download camera tools from there

This thread should be closed as it is old and Baha is no longer with us

12 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

Thanks.  When I do this, the camera follows the target as it follows the prescribed path.  But the camera rotates in sync with the target as it flies the path.  (The target is a rotating station).   I'd like to have the camera fly past the target but not rotate as it flies by.   

Stick a weapon manager on each of the craft, make one team B and then use the dogfight mode

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I'm runing with the 1.2.2 but it seems to doesn't work, I install it in the game data (CameraTools folder unziped in the Game data) but there is nothing ingame, there is should be a little camera in the tool bar isn't it ? Btw I downloaded your latest version on github @jrodriguez.

Edited by DiscoSlelge

On 1.4.2017 at 0:46 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

Working fine? You don't have this problem?

As soon as I use camera tools, the sound is broken. The music volume raises/lowers when zooming in/out the ship. Until one restarts KSP. For me, at least.
Is this a mod conflict, only I have?

Edited by Jebs_SY

25 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I'm runing with the 1.2.2 but it seems to doesn't work, I install it in the game data (CameraTools folder unziped in the Game data) but there is nothing ingame, there is should be a little camera in the tool bar isn't it ? Btw I downloaded your latest version on github @jrodriguez.

Can you check if you have a GameData folder inside your GameData folder? 

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

Would you mind to report the issue on my repo the github section? 

Can you attach the logs? Thanks

No problemo I'm at univeristy but once I get home I'll do it, can you explain me how to do ? I never did that before.

3 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Working fine? You don't have this problem?

As soon as I use camera tools, the sound is broken. The music volume raises/lowers when zooming in/out the ship. Until one restarts KSP. For me, at least.
Is this a mod conflict, only I have?

From what you describe it sounds like KSP is treating music like it treats craft sounds which is to say the further away from the craft you are the lower the sound effects will be ... The BDAc team will require your KSP.log, modlist and computer specs in order to get to the bottom of this as we aren't even able to confirm this is a mod conflict without this information

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

From what you describe it sounds like KSP is treating music like it treats craft sounds which is to say the further away from the craft you are the lower the sound effects will be ... The BDAc team will require your KSP.log, modlist and computer specs in order to get to the bottom of this as we aren't even able to confirm this is a mod conflict without this information

I just tried it, it's easy to reproduce this error.

Just removed ALL mods (/folders except Squad) and installed Camera Tools 1.8.0 via CKAN (which also installs Module Manager) on KSP 1.2.2.

With that "vanilla+CameraTools" install I was able to reproduce the "CT breaks music volume"-problem easily. It's still there.

See this video.

Edited by Jebs_SY

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.