[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

hey, me again from a few posts up. I had an awesome Idea for an addition to the "camera toolbox". When the camera locks onto a vessel and follows it in surface, initial velocity or orbital mode, when the vessel moves past the camera could delay and gets a shot like this;

(the shot in mind is at 5:52)

This would allow awesome shots to be, well, shot, in a shorter period of time. This can be done in Kerbcam as well, but it takes longer to do. It's only a suggestion. You're the developer. It's up to you. Thanks.

BahamutoD, is the 0.25 version buggy or is there a compatibility problem with kerbcam? I'm using both and when I start Camera Tools its shaking as hell etc. Or is the problem my pc?

Are there any errors in the debug log? Is it consistent?

hey, me again from a few posts up. I had an awesome Idea for an addition to the "camera toolbox". When the camera locks onto a vessel and follows it in surface, initial velocity or orbital mode, when the vessel moves past the camera could delay and gets a shot like this;

(the shot in mind is at 5:52)

http://youtu.be/ZgAn3YHPu-g?t=5m54s

This would allow awesome shots to be, well, shot, in a shorter period of time. This can be done in Kerbcam as well, but it takes longer to do. It's only a suggestion. You're the developer. It's up to you. Thanks.

That seems doable. I'll give it a shot.

While you're taking suggestions, is there a possibility that you could release a standalone mod that features nothing but an FOV/Zoom slider that doesn't require activation like the Camera Tools mod does. I ask because it would allow for me to film kerbcam shots while still being able to use the amazing zoom feature (at the moment it's impossible to run a kerbcam path while CT is activated).

This mod is really awesome!

I found some sort of incompatibility with this mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69363-0-24-2-Time-Control-9-9-14-v13-1-(NO-MORE-EXPLOSIONS-more-warp-rates)

When you have both, the camera stays relative to your ship, and you are not able to do a flyby.

If someone managed to use both together please tell how.

Confirmed here. Logfile on request.

Can confirm that the mod works terribly with TimeControl.

Celestial bodies flicker and jitter around and the camera velocity stays locked to the craft's no matter what you do.

The moment I remove TimeControl, everything works fine.

This mod is really awesome!

I found some sort of incompatibility with this mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69363-0-24-2-Time-Control-9-9-14-v13-1-(NO-MORE-EXPLOSIONS-more-warp-rates)

When you have both, the camera stays relative to your ship, and you are not able to do a flyby.

If someone managed to use both together please tell how.

Confirmed here. Logfile on request.
Can confirm that the mod works terribly with TimeControl.

Celestial bodies flicker and jitter around and the camera velocity stays locked to the craft's no matter what you do.

The moment I remove TimeControl, everything works fine.

Try disabling "Cam zoom fix" in TimeControl settings. I just peeked at the TimeControl source code and that jumped out as something that might be interfering. Please let me know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

v1.2

- Added Orbit frame of reference

- Fixed issues with setting camera offset to vertically launching vehicles

Notes:

Orbit mode

- The same as surface mode, but relative motion is based on orbital velocity. For example, at geostationary orbit, a vessel will be stationary in surface mode, but will fly past the camera in orbit mode.

Nice mod! It almost does what I wish it would do

a few of request/suggestions:

Could you add the vessel itself as a frame of reference? or it center of gravity.

The mouse camera controls change when you go start the camera mode. Could you make an option to make the mouse control as it is by default in the game?

With two things I would be able to play the game almost as it comes, but it would be able to target a vehicle part, instead the center of the craft. This is what hoping to do.

And again: really cool all the mods you do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.