[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

Is anyone aware of mod conflicts with Camera Tools?

It was working fine for me until recently--and I am having a tricky time figuring out what changed in-between--but now any camera mode centers the camera inside the rocket, and when you press End to return to the game camera default, it displays sideways.

There's a chance another mod update broke this but admittedly I haven't been careful about seeing what updates CKAN notices and installs. :P

(And no, I'm not using Time Control.)

Is anyone aware of mod conflicts with Camera Tools?

It was working fine for me until recently--and I am having a tricky time figuring out what changed in-between--but now any camera mode centers the camera inside the rocket, and when you press End to return to the game camera default, it displays sideways.

There's a chance another mod update broke this but admittedly I haven't been careful about seeing what updates CKAN notices and installs. :P

(And no, I'm not using Time Control.)

Can you post a list of your mods?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there some way to have the mod remember your target position (set with click)? If I set a position, then press home to put the camera there to check the shot, then go back to default camera, I lose the shot (when I press end it doesn't go back to that position).

Is there some way to have the mod remember your target position (set with click)? If I set a position, then press home to put the camera there to check the shot, then go back to default camera, I lose the shot (when I press end it doesn't go back to that position).

First of I'm still pretty green and I got really lucky with a lot of the shots in my videos. That being said a trick that seemed to work for me was setup the angle you want when landed and sitting still. Press home to enter camera mode then end to revert back. Take off and when you are where you want to film press home. Depending on if flyby is selected or not. Your angle will now be set. I hope this helps.

Edited by V8jester

Getting it to not lose the position you set when you revert is something I'm working on for the next update. Last time I tried, there was some issue where it always moves west a couple meters every time you reactivate it. Anyways, there's also other things I want to add to it before releasing, so it won't be for a while. Thanks for being patient. :)

• 2 weeks later...

For those wanting to have pretty cinematics and awesome up close and personal screenshots, CameraTools still works in 1.0 / 1.02 with the exception of a minor bug where you are unable to manually click the camera focus target.

Other than that, it's purr-fect!

fOGwPJA.jpg

This mod appears to have problems in 1.02.

I have problems "setting camera location by click"

Also, I can only target the command pod of my rocket, I can't click a part closer to the middle. Which ruins a specific scene I'm trying to record. :/

Hi! i have a laptop, and i would like to use this mod, but my keyboard lacks the Home button, how do i activate the camera mod?

Currently you can set the button by typing something in the fields at the bottom of the window.

I might change it to be able to record a button.

hey BD it would also be cool to not lose position/orientation when you pause the game with the Esc key. This is something KerbCam can do, but you guys may be manipulating the camera differently I suppose

It was a lazy solution to an issue where if the camera doesn't get reset before you switch scenes, the game breaks. I'll see if there's another way.

For those wanting to have pretty cinematics and awesome up close and personal screenshots, CameraTools still works in 1.0 / 1.02 with the exception of a minor bug where you are unable to manually click the camera focus target.

Other than that, it's purr-fect!

http://i.imgur.com/fOGwPJA.jpg

This mod appears to have problems in 1.02.

I have problems "setting camera location by click"

Also, I can only target the command pod of my rocket, I can't click a part closer to the middle. Which ruins a specific scene I'm trying to record. :/

Thanks, I'll try to fix it.

To clarify - does this allow focusing the camera on a specific part on a vessel? I've been looking for a feature like that for ages, it feels essential even just for handling large vessels, nevermind making pretty cinematics. It should be a stock feature, or honestly deserves its own standalone mod.

Update v1.3:

- 1.0+ Compatibility

- Manual camera position now persists after resetting camera

- Bind activate/reset key by recording instead of typing button name

- Camera no longer resets when pausing

I didn't get around to adding new features I wanted, but at least I fixed a couple things :)

Update v1.3:

- 1.0+ Compatibility

- Manual camera position now persists after resetting camera

- Bind activate/reset key by recording instead of typing button name

- Camera no longer resets when pausing

I didn't get around to adding new features I wanted, but at least I fixed a couple things :)

And just in time for my next kerbal project :D

Hrm... I want to like this but it just isn't quite behaving how I was hoping. I desperately want something that acts like the stock camera in terms of controls, but can simply be focused on any given part rather than CoM. Do you think you might be able to add such a mode? It seems like you already have the part-focus code.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the world's most annoying question/request, but has anyone attempted to mod the IVA cameras yet? With a bit of mucking around I can use the cabin window perspectives to occasionally get a good look at my Kerbals, but I really wish they'd added a free floating camera.

Not sure if I'm barking up the right tree here, but I'm looking for a way to rotate the camera 23 degrees at all times, so that the top of the screen no longer corresponds to north, for both the flight scene and the map viewer. Is this possible at all?

• 2 weeks later...
Getting it to not lose the position you set when you revert is something I'm working on for the next update. Last time I tried, there was some issue where it always moves west a couple meters every time you reactivate it. Anyways, there's also other things I want to add to it before releasing, so it won't be for a while. Thanks for being patient. :)

That's basically what any ship does when you enter Timewarp, you get a very slight westward shift, I've taken to clamping everything to the ground for my colonys since the only part that reset's its position is the launch clamps. I'm not sure how they achieve this though :/

Is there any way to stop the camera focusing on center of mass?

Seems to be a huge flaw in the game that the camera needs a work around to let you see inside a service bay or even the crew hatch. This is a serious limitation to ship design. No point in putting anything with right click functionality where the camera will not focus. The camera should be able to focus on any part and not be stuck on center of mass.

You might want to try wasd editor camera, it lets you move the camera quite well, I don't like the way it removes the default scroll wheel config so I generally keep wasd off by default and use the hockey to switch it on when I need greater control. It's pretty essential for making 200 meter long structures.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.