[1.0.5] Camera Tools v1.5.1 (+dogfight mode, autozoom margin slider) - March 28

BahamutoD

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Hey everyone.  Sorry for being MIA all this time.  I didn't have school or a job for the last couple years which is why I had so much time to work on KSP mods.  I've returned to college to finish my degree, so school, work and relationships have been taking up all my time.  

I won't be working on any of them for the foreseeable future, but their licenses permit anyone to take over if they wish.  I hope I can return one day.. I miss you all!

It's been an honor to fly with you @BahamutoD. Take care, and best of wishes man.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

@BahamutoD completely understand that RL takes priority. Just have one favour to ask. Could you put the source for Adjustsble Landing Gear on GitHub as I can't seem to find it in your repositories. Of course this is only if you are happy for someone else to pick it up.

Apologies for this being OT but the ALG thread was locked by a mod.

Also thank you very much for all your amazing addons and hard work. Hope the degree goes well!

Edited by Jebman82

10 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

@BahamutoD completely understand that RL takes priority. Just have one favour to ask. Could you put the source for Adjustsble Landing Gear on GitHub as I can't seem to find it in your repositories. Of course this is only if you are happy for someone else to pick it up.

Also thank you very much for all your amazing addons and hard work. Hope the degree goes well!

ALG plugin code is part of BDAnimations. OFC that won't get you models...

9 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

ALG plugin code is part of BDAnimations. OFC that won't get you models...

Ah ok, didn't realise. Just want to be able to bring them into Unity 5 so I can update the wheel colliders. So don't really need the source files for the plugin DLL just the original model that was used to make the .mu file. I know there is a tool for converting .mu back to a compatible 3D model for use in Blender but I am unsure how reliable it is.

On 07/08/2016 at 7:57 AM, Jebman82 said:

Ah ok, didn't realise. Just want to be able to bring them into Unity 5 so I can update the wheel colliders. So don't really need the source files for the plugin DLL just the original model that was used to make the .mu file. I know there is a tool for converting .mu back to a compatible 3D model for use in Blender but I am unsure how reliable it is.

The converter is pretty reliable, but that won't get you the Unity setup.

On 7/7/2016 at 7:37 AM, Jebman82 said:

I also apologize for the OT, I would just like to express the utmost enthusiasm for a continuation of Adjustable Landing Gear. Although I am not too familiar with modding, I would be willing to learn some if it brought us closer to having ALG back, and would help out Jebman82 in any way I could. I find the new stock wheels to be practically unusable, and found ALG to be pretty much perfect. Together with the rest of Baha's mods, I think it was one of the greatest losses for 1.1. So if possible, and not too much trouble for Baha, I would very humbly request the files needed so the mod can live on. Of course, I would totally respect if he declined it, too.

I'm using AmbientLightAdjustment, DistantObjectEnhancement, KIS,KAS, Hyperedit, Kopernicus+OPM, Mechjeb, RealPlume, TweakableEverything and VesselMover. But I don't think it's a mod conflict causing the problem.

On 23.07.2016 at 8:35 PM, westamastaflash said:

I have forked this on GitHub and will start looking into trying making this work in tandem with the TimeControl mod, since both are the most common mods used for cinematics. 

You are our hero!

Recompile for KSP 1.1.3. Version 1.6.0. 

https://github.com/ntwest/CameraTools/releases

Disclaimer - added MiniAVC for version checking. "This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin."

Please submit enhancement requests and bugs to the issue tracker here.

https://github.com/ntwest/CameraTools/issues

I will create a new thread in due course if I can make enough time for maintaining this project. 

Edited by westamastaflash

In the demo video there is an amazing doppler effect, sonic boom, and not much air turbulence sound. In my game however I am mostly getting the air turbulence sound, very little sonic boom and no doppler effect.

I have been playing around with my mods to see if there was a conflict somewhere but I have not been able to find it.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or have these effects been taken out of the mod?

5 minutes ago, westamastaflash said:

The effects are there. All i did was a basic recompile, very few changes. Please enter an issue and provide an example on how to recreate it.

I am not sure what you mean by "enter an issue". 

If you want to recreate:

8000m altitude, 320ms speed (above sound barrier). Auto zoom is set to on, use audio effects is on, frame of reference is surface. Auto flyby is set, target center of mass. 

When I hit the home key and the flyby starts, I have too much of the air turbulence sounds, no doppler effect though.

• 1 month later...

has anyone come up with a workaround to the issue where the camera jumps a few feet when your craft launches? Example below:

3jWJvZyl.png

All I did between those two frames of video was press the spacebar to stage. I've been trying all sorts of things to get the jump to happen before the rocket lifts off but to no avail. Have submitted the bug tho hopefully @westamastaflash can squish it. In the meantime any suggestions welcome, thx

23 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

I'll take a look when I can. RL is killing me right now. 

I did a bit more experimenting for you and it's definitely to do with part separations. Something is messing with the camera's reference frame or something when a decoupler is triggered and the craft loses pieces of itself. I tried playing around with the reference frame settings but to no avail.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.