Posting policy re: female Kerbals

Ippo

I honestly don't understand why this topic is banned though. Seriously, how can one not approve of female kerbals? It seems a no-brainer to me.

Gotta respect everyone's opinions. Saudi Arabian women are not allowed to drive; maybe they can't pilot rockets?

All joking aside, i completely agree.

First, bloody necromancers.

Second, the reason discussion on it is banned is because, as pointed out by Streetwind, it inevitably ends up devolving into...well, I'm going to use Streetwind's "Butthurt" description here.

Exhibit A.

Holy crap, that went from reasonable to WTF in no time. I was going to say interesting, this is probably worth discussing but... *shakes head and walks away*

Split this from another topic. Will reply shortly.

---

Well, so, uhm.. yeah. It is not forbidden to discuss the topic of female Kerbals, and I would in fact stimulate it. There is however one exception to that: do not suggest the feature to be implemented. That's what the [thread=36863]What Not To Suggest?[/thread]-thread tells you. Why? Because it's already been suggested many times, because the devs are aware of the fact people want female Kerbals in the game and because it's been confirmed to be coming to KSP in the future. Suggesting to implement female Kerbals is therefore without function. It'll only needlessly fill up the forum and that is why it's on the list.

Feel free to post any updates you hear about the feature, or how you think female Kerbals could look and sound. Those are great topics that can give insight to Squad on how to best implement them into the game. :)

Edited by KasperVld

Well, seems no one really read.

Read it back in July, actually.

The line that really got my attention was "Early Access feels like a party that got out of control. We got in where it was only a couple people eating pizza and playing Mario Kart. Then suddenly it's Jesse's party from Breaking Bad."

Kerbals at Jesse's party is an amusing image. :)

As for gender-diverse Kerbals: about bloody time. Not seeing that this was a significant problem and fixing it back on day 1 was a major failing on Squad's part.

It seems the situation that we have defaulted into is `the issue will be dealt with at the right time, the right choice will be made, and can everyone please calm down now`and I`m OK with that.

It`s like one of the rules for polite society, don`t discuss politics or religion.

In KSP it`s `don`t discuss Mechjeb or female kerbals` or worse, suggest a female kerbal as your pilot then have Mechjeb fly the ship...

boom!

To be fair, we do still have the don't discuss religion or politics rules. :P

But yeah, basically there's not a whole lot of point discussing it -- Squad are going to do it sooner or later, so there's little point in arguing about it (which is pretty much all that ends up happening when it's brought up).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.