Add time parameter to the "allow reverting flights" difficulty setting

I know that it is a suggestion on something that we don't have yet, but ...

On the picture provided in the 0.25 hype post, we can see that there is an "Allow Reverting Flights" option in the "Game Difficulty" panel.

My suggestion is simply (but maybe not simple) to add a time slider associated with this option.

The goal is to only allow reverting flights that are not longer than this specified time.

Mainly, it is to be able to recover a vessel that is not yet launched (bad first staging, like half the time for me) and still have some level of difficulty by not be able to recover a crashed vessel (because, kerbal's reason).

I'd just turn reverting off; I find it makes career a lot more fun as LES's become useful, you actually have to be careful with your money, and testing rockets and aircraft can be tricky business... Not recommended for the Newbies though, you need to be able to build rockets well or you'll waste your entire budget testing one rocket off the pad because it keeps crashing... :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.