[WIP][.90][0.43]KSAEA Tech Tree and Game Rebalance

Pirsig

Using this tech tree is very challenging playing on hard mode so far. I'm really enjoying the progression from small weak unmanned rockets. Finally getting to a manned launch will feel like a real accomplishment. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I hope you continue development. Thank you for all the work you've done!

spink

Hey,

I m the author of the SETI-BalanceMod (link in signature).

Since my mod starts unmanned, I faced the issue that altitude contracts could only be completed by manned vessels, until making configs for the Contract Configurator mod by nightingale.

I just released replacements for the buggy stock starting contracts, based on the ones I use for the SETI-BalanceMod, for use with other TechTree mods:

Initial Contracts

InitialContracts replaces the buggy/annoying stock starting contracts with 3 similar ones, which can be completed by manned and unmanned craft. Thus the mods contracts are especially useful for TechTrees which start unmanned and may be redistributed with them.

They are based on the SETI-Contracts but more balanced for stock.

InitialContracts Link

The mod Contract Configurator by nightingale is required to use the configs.

These Contract Configurator configs by nightingale and Yemo are based upon the general contracts of the SETI-BalanceMod.

License: You may do what you want (change, expand, mix, redistribute as part of a larger package etc.), as long as you provide the source (eg. SETI-BalanceMod with link) and credit for previous authors (eg. nightingale and Yemo) within the file(s) and at the reference locations (forum thread and download site).

Hence you can just redistribute this file along with eg a tech tree mod under any (even a very restrictive) license as long as you give credit in the form mentioned above.

Edited by Yemo

Thanks Yemo, that contract thing looks like just the ticket. Is there a way to make contracts for manned missions dependent on fullfilling the unmanned contracts?

I don't want to hijack Pirsig's thread, so we may need to take the contract discussion elsewhere.

spink

• 3 months later...

Hey so if you were still interested in using stuff from this for something the license totally allows you to do so without even asking so long as you give credit and license accordingly so do feel free to do so. I've honestly had a rather busy and anxiety filled first half of the year which is why I just kind of disappeared. Wasn't playing any KSP or working on this at all either. With life dying down a bit (hopefully, still have a move coming up) and KSP now fully released I will most likely come back to this as I still feel the stock tech tree is junk and there's still plenty of room for most of what this mod does/was intended to do. When that will be I don't want to make an promises or anything, but I did want to stop in and just say I'm not dead or anything XD.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't see it until now. I'm kind of testing a bunch of different tech tree mods. Unfortunately, they all seem to have advantages and disadvantages, and none of them really have a definitive edge over the others. The true advantage of KSAEA is that it makes everything play so much better without actually changing any of the stock nodes. I think it would work with the CTT quite well. I'll look into it. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.