Ideas for the New Secret Feature in 0.25!

Lhathron the Elf

Do you agree with me?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with me?

• Yes, I agree with you 100%.
    • Nope, I think you're totally wrong.
    • Sort of, I'm split between two (or more) different ideas.
    • I'm really not quite sure.

Here I wanted to see some theories (I know I used theories incorrectly, for me and all of those nerds out there) about what the new feature may be. Here is my idea:

I have two facts to back up my idea, which is that the new feature is: You can destroy and have to repair the space center!!!!

My first piece of evidence is that Squad said they would rather have told nobody about it and have people discover it through hilarious results. What's more hilarious that accidentally blowing up your Munar Lander and having a mono-propellant tank fly off of the launch pad and blow up the Astronaut Complex without your any knowledge of the fact that it may happen? My second piece of evidence is that in the wiki, on this page: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Planned_features there used to be something that actually mentioned that they were planning on having it be able to be destroyed in the future, but scroll through now and..................................................... IT'S NOT THERE!!!! :0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0: How interesting...

Anyway, that's my idea of what the secret feature is. Post yours below!!!! :D

I agree on the concept of destroying buildings, but I think that the fact that the section describing this on the Planned Features page isn't there anymore is because it, so far, isn't confirmed and therefore unofficial, but an user decided to wing it and write it in there anyway, thus resulting in an admin removing it as the information isn't official and thus doesn't belong in the wiki.

I was thinking the same as well. someone said it, and I thought "Hey, that does actually make sense." Plus, the fact they're adding new explosions seems to be a little strange all on its own. Perhaps there's something more than just explosion effects being added to KSP, such as a damageable space center.

Umm it's been confirmed and reconfirmed many times that it's an even more random text generator for the contract descriptions~

So in conclusion, forbids disarray salespeople lessees deign governess weekended geriatrics tableaux previewers psychoses growls outers gaming alertly.

:P

That being said, I'm much more hyped about difficulty settings and having a navball indicator for the maneuver node than whatever silliness is the secret feature.

Umm it's been confirmed and reconfirmed many times that it's an even more random text generator for the contract descriptions~

So in conclusion, forbids disarray salespeople lessees deign governess weekended geriatrics tableaux previewers psychoses growls outers gaming alertly.

:P

That being said, I'm much more hyped about difficulty settings and having a navball indicator for the maneuver node than whatever silliness is the secret feature.

WARNING: HYPE LEVEL DECREASED TO 50% from 85%.

That's a very good theory.

If it's not that, I bet it's something that very few people ever thought of actually having in the stock game before. Otherwise they might have left at least a little hint, and made the hypetrainplaneshuttle EVEN BIGGERERERER!

maybe...

Volcanoes?

Better water?

Better air?

Or maybe...

...it's aliens.

I'm going to quote qhat I've said in the .25 discussion thread (and by the way, why is there a separate thread for this if this subject is being discussed over there?):

Destructible buildings was one of the first theories thrown around, and I remember MaxMaps saying not long ago that nobody had guessed the secret feature, when it was already one of the most discussed guesses (along with the one about deformable terrain).

Edit: Not to mention Max also said it wouldn't affect gameplay much - something we can't say about the destructible buildings idea. Having the VAB torn to pieces would definitelly affect gameplay fundamentally.

Alright everyone, let's get back on rails. (pun intended)

From what Maxmaps said, the "secret feature" has those traits:

-Won't be exactly a common occurence,

-Skilled players more often than not won't encounter it unless they deliberately do so,

-If you do encounter it, you'll have to deal with its' consequences,

-No mod has ever done it before,

-It's a cool, but really small thing,

-It's only possible because of all the groundwork that they put in so a big 0.26 big feature could be possible.

Obviously it won't be improvements to air/water. It might be something like volcanoes, as they meet with traits 1, 3 and 4, but isn't exactly on par with #2 as skilled players also can meet up at one. I'm also doubting that the secret feature is the new explosion FX, as mods could easily replace that(looking at you, HotRockets), and skilled players also do hiccups from time to time(and glitches).

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

You know what I think "something Squad would rather we discover for ourselves" best describes?

An easter egg.

Now, if I'm right, it would have to be a pretty significant one for Squad to have implied it's existence. And I think we all know that there's only one easter egg that qualifies as such:

You know what I think "something Squad would rather we discover for ourselves" best describes?

An easter egg.

Now, if I'm right, it would have to be a pretty significant one for Squad to have implied it's existence. And I think we all know that there's only one easter egg that qualifies as such:

http://youtu.be/WJBSea-3DHs

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it isn't the Magic Boulder. It averts pretty harshly the second tip Maxmaps stated(located in the post above yours) - after all, it takes a pretty skilled player to even see the Magic Boulder in first place. And there aren't really many "consequences" for finding it, so tip #3 is also out.

Alright everyone, let's get back on rails. (pun intended)

From what Maxmaps said, the "secret feature" has those traits:

-Won't be exactly a common occurence

-Skilled players more often than not won't encounter it unless they deliberately do so

-If you do encounter it, you'll have to deal with its' consequences.

-No mod has ever done it before

Obviously it won't be improvements to air/water. It might be something like volcanoes, as they meet with traits 1, 3 and 4, but isn't exactly on par with #2 as skilled players also can meet up at one. I'm also doubting that the secret feature is the new explosion FX, as mods could easily replace that(looking at you, HotRockets), and skilled players also do hiccups from time to time(and glitches).

Thanks, I didn't know this so I'll be thinking a lot more like this now...

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it isn't the Magic Boulder. It averts pretty harshly the second tip Maxmaps stated(located in the post above yours) - after all, it takes a pretty skilled player to even see the Magic Boulder in first place. And there aren't really many "consequences" for finding it, so tip #3 is also out.

My apologies. I wasn't aware of those tips, and that was posted while I was searching for the video, so I didn't see it until after I posted.

In that case, I have absolutely no idea.

When was the last time any of you inadvertently struck any of the space center buildings? Never for me...no... There was one time. I think on a launch abort. But other then that one time it's always been flying planes through them. ( So asking for it ).

.. I don't think its destructible buildings. Imo it's kinda a waste of dev time. To add a feature players will only experience with intentional actions and very rarely unintentionally.

Edited by Motokid600

When was the last time any of you inadvertently struck any of the space center buildings? Never for me...no... There was one time. I think on a launch abort. But other then that one time it's always been flying planes through them. ( So asking for it ).

.. I don't think its destructible buildings. Imo it's kinda a waste of dev time. To add a feature players will only experience with intentional actions and very rarely unintentionally.

Agreed. This will mostly only happen if either you're testing a plane or spaceplane's versatility around KSC and end up accidentally crashing into a building due to engineering fails or if you're landing an SSTO at the runway and REALLY screw your aligment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.