Ideas for the New Secret Feature in 0.25!

Lhathron the Elf

Do you agree with me?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with me?

• Yes, I agree with you 100%.
    • Nope, I think you're totally wrong.
    • Sort of, I'm split between two (or more) different ideas.
    • I'm really not quite sure.

So the above criteria. Combined with the new Strategies, and existing Career functionality so far... I would say the feature is that if you have a run of catastrophic failures, resulting in deaths. Your space program will be punished. Such as no Kerbaled flights until your Rep is above a threshold again.

This. They need to do something with Reputation. The effects will be minimal at first, in .25, but by .26, the consequences will be more real and punishing (or rewarding).

It fits all the criteria Maxmaps has mentioned. No mod has touched reputation in any meaningful way. Good players basically never lose reputation. And as of now, it's a useless stat that they obviously need to do something with.

So I'm guessing the secret feature is Reputation-oriented.

Edited by Masetto

FRIDAY?!? I'm never gonna make it. Plus twitch hates me and I have trouble finding the squadcasts. Is there a place where you can (or do ) place a link directly to them ( or am I missing it )?

If they're gonna be as full of gold as the last few have, it's a shame to not know how to access them.

FRIDAY?!? I'm never gonna make it. Plus twitch hates me and I have trouble finding the squadcasts. Is there a place where you can (or do ) place a link directly to them ( or am I missing it )?

If they're gonna be as full of gold as the last few have, it's a shame to not know how to access them.

Find this at the top of the forum :)bc1f4d4b5b26737a336a59d343cd0a26.png

..And when I click on that little bar at the top I get :

You have been blocked from using Twitch. Please visit the Support Center for more information on why you may have been banned.

Even though I've never had an acct. there, nor have I ever typed a word on the site.

it says that the second gas planet is in development! Not for this update maybe, but that's still awesome!!!!!

WAIT? WHEN AND WHERE DID THEY SAIY THAT?!?! in recent history i just remembering them saying something about 'no new planets in near/middle future, maybe even never' So when did they said they're developing GP 2 ? And will it be Blue?

It must be something that someone guessed in the last few hours!

Something to make the secret happen more often ...

A countdown thingy? But what would be the big .26 thingy and why would skilled players not see it?

A lightning arrester? Weather in .26?

This did nothing to relieve my stressed mind!

Weather would be awesome, but even skilled players would see it happen. Still, lightning on Laythe or Eve, killer winds, dust storms.... Weather would be great, so long as we'd get a lightning rod part or something to protect from the worst of it.

However I think it could be destructible buildings, with KSC base construction being the big .26 feature.

I suspect we're not getting actual destruction of structures, but probably more like persistent scorch-marking and decals. It's small in terms of game-play, possibly fun to do (via crashing), and opens up possibilities that involve new art for a bigger feature later (such as an environmental overhaul).

I suspect we're not getting actual destruction of structures, but probably more like persistent scorch-marking and decals. It's small in terms of game-play, possibly fun to do (via crashing), and opens up possibilities that involve new art for a bigger feature later (such as an environmental overhaul).

Well we probably would have seen it in the pictures of the plane crashing that was revealed to show the new explosion effects.

Just a thought, and I know this is totally wrong...

What if we could move around in the cockpits... :o

That breaks so many of the criteria though... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Already exists: x86_64 Linux build. I have quite literally not crashed since switching to Linux as my KSP platform.

I'm not gonna set up a complete new system with unix just to have a stable Linux build in 64bit... :(

Better than listing again all hints, would be the guesses that were named so to compare them.

So, just for reference in one spot, what are all of the criteria for the new feature again? Plus he said that the art team was glued to their desks....

The only weighted hints have been that no mod's done it before, and it's not something experienced players will run into often, if at all.

He's also said it's already been guessed, and has said it wasn't guessed yet after the destructible buildings rants started.

And that it's made possible because of the major art project (slated for .26+), and isn't the major art project itself.

Edited by Franklin

The only weighted hints have been that no mod's done it before, and it's not something experienced players will run into often, if at all.

He's also said it's already been guessed, and has said it wasn't guessed yet after the destructible buildings rants started.

And that it precludes the major art project (slated for .26+), and isn't the major art project itself.

He also said that harvester had fun doing it multiple times, they wanted to not tell anyone and let them find out with great hilarity, and that the building next to the runway is there to make it happen more often.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.