Devnote Tuesdays: The "Walt Doesn't Make Blue Keth" Edition

SQUAD

Wait so we now can have kerbals with different suits?!? Have you just given too much away? ;)

This can't be the first time you're seeing Kerbals with different suits. Even in-game. Look at the Kerbals walking around in the VAB or the SPH. Or in mission control. I think Werner Von Kerman eve appears somewhere. Tutorial maybe.

Being able to scale the sidebar part (either the window or the scale of the whole scene) of the science screen where would be nice too, needing to scroll through the list and squint to find tiny part pictures (@WQHD) is the opposite of the reason I got a big screen :P

Well, that's not a WQHD-related thing, they simply overlook it during design. But yeah, I agree with you.

There is a several more bugs with science screen, though - number of available parts can't be more than 9; sometimes, when part is available, there is no number at all or the number is wrong (it happens on a heavily modded game, when you delete and reinstall mods often).

This can't be the first time you're seeing Kerbals with different suits. Even in-game. Look at the Kerbals walking around in the VAB or the SPH. Or in mission control. I think Werner Von Kerman eve appears somewhere. Tutorial maybe.

You miss understood me. :P

I know there are kerbals with different suits. What I am referring to is that they mentioned accidentally launching them on missions. - in which case you'd be able to control kerbals with different suits. Still a guess though.

I know there are kerbals with different suits. What I am referring to is that they mentioned accidentally launching them on missions. - in which case you'd be able to control kerbals with different suits. Still a guess though.

Walt Kerman was 'accidentally' pushed into a space suit and duk taped to Kerbodyne satellite after a budgetary meeting.

Retrieve Walt from his 106,000m Kerbin Orbit and return him to KSC to continue receiving advice [Walt's advice will not be available until this mission is complete]

Rewards; 45,000 Funds, 125 Reputation.

Secondary Objective; Use Jebediah to pilot the retrieval vessel [bonus 75 Reputation]

Secondary Objective; Retrieve Walt using the Klaw [bonus 60 Science]

Edited by NoMrBond

He's being facetious.

<strong>Ted (Ted):</strong>It’s been a very busy week to say the least, but I’ve managed to grab a few moments to make some improvements to the part folders. I’ve renamed almost all of the Squad part folders so that they’re both better organized in the editor part menu and so that they better reflect the part title in-game. Additionally, I’ve renamed the part config files to be the same as the part folder name, that should help a lot when having tabs of them open in Notepad++.

Does this mean we'll be able to open up the LVT30.cfg in the ...GameData\Squad\Parts\Engines\LVT30\ directory instead of hunting through the liquidengine1 etc directories?

I may dance!

That's actually a really cool idea - losing members of staff and not being able to, say, accept contracts? I love it.

Thanks, I thought secondary objectives would be neat too, for extra stuff you can do (for bonuses) but aren't essential for completing the mission).

I must warn however, that several SP+ parts do replace old parts, and it’s very likely that some spaceplane designs can become weird or misaligned.

The parts that have been most changed are the C7 delta wing and triangular wing sections, standard and small control surfaces, and minor changes were done to the mk1 fuselages and cockpit, and the entire mk2 set. I know it’s a bit of a hassle to have to do this, but trust me when I say it’s going to be well worth it!

Sounds like i'm gonna have some major re-construction to do.

Woh boy. O_O

M2WabHZ.jpg

Jim (Romfarer): [...] I also added the Application Launcher to the tracking station.

That's very good! But it would be even better if it was visible in every scene (including the astronaut complex, even though it's technically not a scene). Some modsadd-ons might need it there too.

Aside from that, this was indeed a very interesting read. It's been especially cool to get an insight into the evolution of Mortimer, I wish every devnote was like this! :)

Why do I have the feeling that Rowsdower is not talking about hosting plugin development since the

• stare at code
  • guess what this API method does
  • think
  • start KSP (probably the main part of the process time wise)
  • test and wait for exception
  • kill KSP
  • lookup exception details in log
  • add more logging
  • repeat this for several hours

cycle is mostly boring even for the guy doing it :wink:

However, I'd love to see how this part creation magic works so that I can create my own creepy ones :D

Does this mean we'll be able to open up the LVT30.cfg in the ...GameData\Squad\Parts\Engines\LVT30\ directory instead of hunting through the liquidengine1 etc directories?

I may dance!

Yupp! The engines I named in the following manner "liquidEngine[modelnumber]" so the LV-T30 is "liquidEngineLV-T30". The bonus of this is that they are also ordered pretty sensibly now in the in-game part menu as well as that orders them as they're loaded alphabetically folder-by-folder.

Edited by Ted

Yupp! The engines I named in the following manner "liquidEngine[modelnumber]" so the LV-T30 is "liquidEngineLV-T30". The bonus of this is that they are also ordered pretty sensibly now in the in-game part menu as well as that orders them as they're loaded alphabetically folder-by-folder.

This may be the best new feature for 0.25 I've heard yet! Sensible part ordering!

Wait, so those models are final draft for the admin characters? Someone said they were place-holders.

We have a butler handling finances, a junior accountant in a lab suit, and a guy in a hazmat suit handling public relations? Kinda dumb, guys. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.