no new contracts generated anymore

Hi all,

it sems like there are no new contracts generated anymore in my game (ver. 0.24.2, win-32, no mods, carrier-mode). I have been to Mun and have accepted contracts for Minmus, Ike and [oneMore].

In recent times I did wonder as to why the list with offered contracts got shorter and shorter (because I accepted some of them). In the past, plenty of contracts have been added frequently, but aren't anymore now.

I warped time, letting pass by about 70days : nothing.

Completed a parts-test-contract, passed some time : nothing.

Is there a known bug causing this ? I couln't find any indication for a bug of that kind, neither here in the forum, nor in the bug-tracker.

What causes new contracts to be generated normally ? Do I need to complete old ones or just let time pass by ?

Remark : AFAIK, there are two "kinds" of contracts : "random generated" ones (parts testing) which seem to be generated infinitely over time, and the regular/fixed ones, like "escape the atmosphere", "explore the mun" and so on. The observed behavior pertains the "random" ones at least. Not sure if the fixed ones are also affected, since I didn't make remarkable progress in the game lastly.

Anyone knowing something about that ?

Edited by Dieter_G

Perhaps if you can provide a save through mediafire or dropbox.

I'm not sure if there's a cutoff, but I've certainly accepted many contracts. Sometimes they don't pop up for a while if you don't complete enough of them. What I'm not sure of is what kinds of bins the contracts are grouped into. I've noticed at times that I can complete a whole slew of "text XX landed on Kerbin" and no new contracts will show up. But then I go complete one "text XX in flight over Kerbin" and 3 to 6 new contracts will appear.

Maybe try a different style contract compared to what you've been doing recently.

Good luck,

~Claw

If you complete explore Minmus then you will get the next step such as explore Minmus. If you have one of those test contracts, once you complete it you will get another, perhaps a more difficult one. You could cancel the ones you have active or you could wait for them to expire.

I've noticed at times that I can complete a whole slew of "text XX landed on Kerbin" and no new contracts will show up. But then I go complete one "text XX in flight over Kerbin" and 3 to 6 new contracts will appear.

Very interesting ! Maybe I'm experiencing also one of this "times". That calmes me a bit. I was concerned, because in the meantime I did indeed find an entry at the Bugtracker : Here http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/3157 a guy claims, that recovering a kerbal only (in EVA, outside of the vessel), triggers a bug causing no more "random-contracts" (thats parts-testing and the like) to be generated (if I got it right). However his description (some contracts beeing offered again) doesn't fit what I observe, so hopefully "his" bug didn't hit me. Also, I cannot remember to have recovered a Kerbal only, but I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe try a different style contract compared to what you've been doing recently.

Yes, I'll try that.

I can provide the save also, but later as I don't have it at hands right now.

Thank you both

You can open up the Debug menu by hitting alt F12 an then go to the contract section. You can cancel and complete contracts by a simple click there. You may test completing / canceling some and see if new ones appear (can also be seen in the contract debug menu). At best make a backup of your save game, so you can return to your current state. I hope this helps.

@Frank_G

thank you very much ! The debug-console may prove to be very usefull in the future.

Regarding my "problem", I was a bit overhasty, obviously : I tried completeing other contracts, like Claw suggested and I got new ones. So I'm definitely not stuck in a deadlock, everything is fine.

What makes me still wonder a bit is that the number of [active + offered] contracts seems to be stuck at a total of 9 (maybe sometimes 10) contracts at the moment (4 offered, 5 active). In the past, the list of offered contracts had way more entries, sometimes I even had to scroll a bit. Is this normal ?

Update .:

Ok, its solved now !

I did some reserach (using science-points to unlock things in the tech tree, not gathering science points) and all of a sudden 6 new contracts are offered to me. So [not reserching things for a while] seems to be a factor limiting the number of contracts beeing offered to you.

Again, thank you all

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.