Longest you have gone without KSP

justidutch

I've bought KSP around june/july 2013 and kept playing util december/2013, when my graphic card bit the dust... At the time, I had just bought a new place and was busy doing some renovations and furnishing it, to move in with the Mrs. and only had an old laptop that couldn't run KSP.

I finally got around buying a new gpu in early august this year, so I've spent roughly 7 months away from KSP :(

I bought KSP just over a month ago, and it has displaced FSX as my favourite sim. I "play" for an hour or two every evening before the missus gets home from work, and for a few hours most weekends, when I can.

At the moment there are too many car shows and fix-it meets for me to commit any more time than I do. I expect that I'll get far more time over the winter though. I'm a builder - my favourite part of the game is creating things and seeing if they'll launch - and I love space stations and orbital assembly. All of that needs time, mostly in the VAB.

So the longest I've gone without it since I bought it? 48 hours, I think.

Its been about 2-3 months for me right now, the game has gotten a lot less exciting to me since 0.19.

I only found and bought KSP after .24 was released, so I don't know what it was like before. What changes were made in .19 that made it boring for you? And do you have any addons?

I don't actually play KSP that much, I just spend a lot of time with the community. I hate to say it, but it has been a few days since I last booted it up.

Sometimes I'll mess around with mods and such, like for a while I was trying to get into orbit in RSS. That was rally fun, but I never did make it though. But the last time I played in my original, vanilla install of KSP has been a while, even though my Mun space station and base are still under construction.

Yes, this is my current stage. As soon as 0.25 comes out I'm pressing my space bar.

mmmm space bar. I'm gonna make one!

Ooooooh yeah. I can relate. 0.25 is going to rock so hard, and I will be going mad with it, just like every other update.

Seriously, space plane parts? It's about time! Oh my lord I can't hold the excitement for much longer.

Since Dwarf Fortress 2014 is out, I've been playing KSP only sporadically. Also, that I chose to finish a Fine Print Rover contract by driving to the destination from my munar base, lowered my motivation quite a bit, since it's several hours of driving that stupid rover... Meanwhile I've been there, yet I still have to drive back. And then, there's another drive to the canyons waiting for me (I know that I could land there, and indeed I did this in my last save, but a new rocket costs funds, a rover drive is for free).

The longest non-interrupted pause was three full weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.