JebediahKerman42's Procedural Part Textures!

Freedom

If you're still willing to work on this pack, do you think you could make an SRB texture like the ones on the Titan III? {Picture snipped to save space.}

Hopefully JebediahKerman42 is still reading this thread / has the desire to make more textures for ProcParts. This guy has done some fantastic work; whether it be just this texture or 50 more, I'd love to see more of his work.

• 3 months later...

Alright, with Procedural Parts updated for 1.0, I'll be doing an overhaul to DDS. I might as well add some new textures while i'm at it, any ideas?

So far, I'll probably try to add compatibility with TextureReplacer's reflection plugin, and I'll make a Titan SRB texture.

@Freedom

Fantastic! Looking forward to that!

I would love to have more textures. Although "only" a visual enhancement, it makes the game so much more immersive.

Please keep up the good work and thank you so very much!

• 4 weeks later...
I dont know what I have done wrong but I don't get the textures after the new procedural parts update. I installed via CKAN but I don't get the textures in career nor sandbox mode (?)

I'm seeing the same problem.

EDIT: Rolling FreedomTex to the previous version seems to work with the latest Procedural Parts.

Edited by Entropius

I had this issue and it was easy to fix...the directory name was slightly misspelled in the update. The distro has it as Freedomtex and changing it to FreedomTex solved the problem. All textures returned after that.

Another issue I just noticed is that the Destiny texture was missing, and the cause is again related to case-sensitivity.

In the config there's "Destiny_NRM", but the actual file is a lower-case "destiny_NRM.png". Changing the name in the config or of the actual image so that they agree gets the texture to show up again.

Anyway, it's all easily fixable. Although I imagine a new release with both these fixes would be warranted so that new users don't have to fix it themselves.

Whoops! My bad. During the update process I ended up using a couple of different methods for converting to DDS, during which I must have disregarded case sensitivity. I'm on a trip right now, but when I get home in a couple days I'll fix it. Are there any other things I should fix while I'm at it?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's the original file packaging for version 1.5.1 from 6/30/15 of last year.  I have not tested this but just glancing over the recent changes nothing jumps out at me that may cause a problem.  Also, I haven't made changes to anything including the MM file within so if you find problems, please post it so Freedom can see it if/when he comes back. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1ouhzs1r6p22bl/FreedomTex.zip?dl=0

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tested this with 1.1.2? If so do you run B9 Parts? What I really want to know is does this allow me to change the textures on the MK2 parts in the B9 collection? They use B9 Part Switcher instead of IFS. I hope it does as I need a way to re-skin those parts to OPT white or Titan. I tried to brute force it but the to part packs are to different for my level of modding knowledge.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see most of these texture packs merged into PP.  I have the following packs available, but I'm also looking for the Procedural Parts Extended (amarius1) texture pack.

JebediahKerman42s Procedural Parts Textures 1.5.1
MainSailor's Gamma Textures 1.11
Planeguy868 Procedural Parts Textures
Blackheart612 Procedural Parts Textures 6-8-15
Ven's Style Procedural Part Textures 1.1

• 2 months later...

I remember that after downloading Mainsailor's part textures, I was unable to choose those custom textures on tanks on previously constructed rockets. Does the same issue apply here, and, if so, will using previously created rockets cause any performance impact (My thinking is that the tank part files are outdated, and might be handled differently for some reason)? Thanks for the response. I like Mainsailor's textures, but find myself not using most of them. I can definitely see myself using a bunch of these textures, though. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.