CaptainKipard

Mod Development Links Compilation - Some links do not work / Formatting broken

Recommended Posts

[quote name='Cpt. Kipard']GIMP already supports DDS.[/QUOTE]

Well,i tried gimp 2.8.14 and it doesn't.I've tried other versions and plugins with no avail.Also i really don't like "gimp",so if anyone else knows of other tools?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paint.NET supports DDS natively, and is a nice tool for simple edits with layers support.

By the way, anyone has a working link to Part Tools? I want to make RPM configs for some IVAs.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='sashan']paint.NET supports DDS natively, and is a nice tool for simple edits with layers support.[/QUOTE]
Thank you,paint.net is just the tool i was looking for.
[QUOTE]By the way, anyone has a working link to Part Tools? I want to make RPM configs for some IVAs.[/QUOTE]
I find [url=http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/PartTools023.zip]the link from OP [/url]is working just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay, anyone can help me to get existing IVA and props in the unity? I want to replace all the props.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT! :mad:

I've got dozens if not hundreds of links to update in this thread, and no way to find them because even if I change the format of the link the numbers don't match up.

This is a goddamn disaster!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

considering my method of modding involves frequent referencing as I work especially when attempting to make an iva this is a fatal blow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try to send the links to you if I stumble across them, no sense in you being the only one hunting them down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kalzuron said:

I'll try to send the links to you if I stumble across them, no sense in you being the only one hunting them down 

Don't put any effort into this until we're sure that there's no automatic method on Squad's end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper just implemented a forwarding algorithm. I won't have to look for them, but I still have to edit every single one by hand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thank Jeb for that. :P Don't push yourself to hard, you and the other contributors to this thread have done a lot already. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Kasper just implemented a forwarding algorithm. I won't have to look for them, but I still have to edit every single one by hand.

Why would you have to update any of the links? Surely with the forwarding algorithm in place that will work every time? On my mod thread all the links to other threads are working fine, and they're definitely the old link format. Only links to specific posts in threads seem to be lost (which is still kind of annoying).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh you're absolutely right. Stupid me. I might still correct them just to scratch my compulsive itch from time to time.

That just leaves the formatting then. An equally extensive task. Not today though.

Edit

I spoke too soon. Thread links work. Post links do not.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi all,

someone have a link to explain how to make Solar Panel (folding) animation.

i have tried to make it in blender with 'bones' & many modifier's ("follow path"  etc...) but actually without success.

- actually i have made a base Armature-Setup with bones and parenting to the panels (objects/vertex grp.)  - i think thats correct.

- for the last few steps I need a little support.

In principle it would be sufficient for me to know what animation modifiers (techniques as "inverse kinematic", or "follow path", "locked track" whatever ..) I have to apply.

 

- Thanks in advance !!!   :)

cheers raendy

Problem has been done. - found solution

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any good guides on instating animations for multiple pieces in the same part? Say for a duel headed drill that extends out of a case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay I am just starting out.  All the information is here but scattered all willy nilly.

Can someone list the tools needed to start making parts for 1.1?

What version of parttools, unity, etc and where can they be downloaded.  This thread has tools all the way back to 0.23 so it's very confusing for someone starting out.  I don't want to waste time downloading large files only to find they are obsolete.

Thanks for the help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2016 at 9:48 PM, ctbram said:

okay I am just starting out.  All the information is here but scattered all willy nilly.

Can someone list the tools needed to start making parts for 1.1?

What version of parttools, unity, etc and where can they be downloaded.  This thread has tools all the way back to 0.23 so it's very confusing for someone starting out.  I don't want to waste time downloading large files only to find they are obsolete.

Thanks for the help.

Well the thread was updated in December last year so I'm guessing a lot of it is still relevant. However I would like to see a more concise list of what exactly someone would need to get started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[snip]

Edited by blorgon
derp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this post still pinned if it's basically entirely out of date for the current version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Waz said:

Why is this post still pinned if it's basically entirely out of date for the current version?

Because there's still a ton of useful information in here and much of it is very relevant to the current version. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to all.

I am trying to make some minor modifications to some .dds files...

I mainly am trying to edit / change some colors for some testing of parts that I am working with.

I have Gimp with the .dds module, but I have not been able to save / export a .dds that ksp will read in correctly.

No errors, just part mapping is all messed up.

I have tried simply opening a part and then re=exporting with no changes to a different dir and it is still botched.

What special / magic options am i missing??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2016 at 6:45 PM, drtedastro said:

Hello to all.

I am trying to make some minor modifications to some .dds files...

I mainly am trying to edit / change some colors for some testing of parts that I am working with.

I have Gimp with the .dds module, but I have not been able to save / export a .dds that ksp will read in correctly.

No errors, just part mapping is all messed up.

I have tried simply opening a part and then re=exporting with no changes to a different dir and it is still botched.

What special / magic options am i missing??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Sometimes when importing/export DDS files, they get flipped.  Try flipping your edited image and see if that fixes the problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, noonespecial said:

Sometimes when importing/export DDS files, they get flipped.  Try flipping your edited image and see if that fixes the problem.

thanks for info.

I will give that  a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.11.2015 at 9:19 AM, CaptainKipard said:

I have GIMP with a DDS import plugin and it works just fine.

That plugin linked from the main thread sucks. It works fine as long as you use DXT5 compression, or not compression, but if you choose DXT1, which is required on some older models, it ignores your choice and saves the texture uncompressed without even a whisper about that. You end up with a texture loading error and not a clue why.

Use the plugin from the Google Code page. https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/downloads. It actually supports all the compression methods it lists, and allows for some extra tricks the originally linked doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now