Space 1999 Eagle **Version 1.2 - .16, hatch & Kerbonaut Ready!**

RedSpar

My mum and I recently watched Space 1999 (and then UFO after which was also awesome) and I reckon the models are what carried that program - just downloaded your mod and it looks fantastic, thanks! Now all I need is some parts to make Mun Base Alpha!

I\'ve looked for it as well and found it.

I have some good and some bad news. The good news: This is the thread: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=1899.45

The bad news: The zip file is corrupted, so that part is not (directly) available. You can either ask the author to upload it again, or search for it in f.i. the repository. If all fails, i still have that part. However, since you\'re willing to use it with the Space 1999 Eagle (which i assume), it is questionable if it can be used in the way portrayed in the first episode of Space 1999.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm ... i wouldn\'t object to you blowing up the mun, provided the reminant pieces of the Mun are large enough to land on.

Would be a great challenge! Land on all 512,643 pieces of Mun. (Who would need new planets then?!) ;D

...AND do it without bumping the piece into return orbit with Kerbin! (Not to mention how to keep track of all those parts....)

And chief? Keep On with that Eagle! KSP is one of the ONLY reasons I keep a Win-XP partition on my Ubuntu system!.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is pretty cool, will have to try it out! Been a long time since I\'ve seen any Space:1999, though I did watch the whole series on DVD a few years ago, but mostly it\'s fond memories from being a kid and watching it Saturday nights. My cousins and I built so many of the plastic model kits (and subsequently blew them up with firecrackers) that I feel I know the things inside and out.

A lot of technical info here http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/cybermuseum/MATN/matnindex.html I have the printed version of that somewhere....(yes, showing my inner nerd there) Eagle blueprints here http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/press/w2starloge.html I like the 'Anti-Gravity Stabilizers' wonder how they work? lol Maybe that\'s what is used for the lateral translation that the OP says is missing. Plus the 'steering rockets' on the command module and the fact that the cargo pod also has landing rockets, so there are actually eight VTOL engines when it\'s carrying the standard cargo pod. No mention of retractable landing gear, just that it has a hydraulic suspension, but it sure looks like they are supposed to retract.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get this to work under 0.16 by rebuilding from scratch (the old craft files don't work, unless you change the version number in them, and then they are weird). Maybe a few alignment issues when you snap the landing pods on, but otherwise looks pretty good. No crew of course, but the way I've been crashing these things, that might not be a bad thing. =P

Works fine with the newest MechJeb and I can get it into orbit pretty easily, and to the Mun and back though it would be cool to have separate throttle control for the VTOL and main engines, but that might not be possible the way the game is set up.

Edited by Dweller_Benthos

• 5 weeks later...

OK I'm back on this mod and getting it up to speed for .16-.17

I just finished remodeling a higher detail command pod

new_pod.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how Unity works so I can add Kerbals to the cockpit...

OK got Unity figured out with a little help from DYJ in IRC chat.

New command module has been .mu-a-fied and comes with a hatch that accepts Kerbonauts. Prebuilt .craft is rebalanced and ready to go as well. I'll upload the new file in a bit.

Scale is a bit off but that will be for another update...

Eagle_Kerbal.jpg

OK new files are up :) - See Page 1.

Hrmm.. I dunno Sproginator, I have other ships I'd like to do first...

Mk 9 Hawk (Space 1999)

Swift (Space 1999)

Galileo Shuttle (Star Trek)

Icarus (Planet of the Apes)

That should answer your question Leon..

RedSpar, you are officially the best person on this planet and/or Moon!

I can't think of any other vehicle that is better for Moon/Mun transport.

Thank You for all your hard work.

Thanks, you're very welcome. I put a lot of work into this baby.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.