Space 1999 Eagle **Version 1.2 - .16, hatch & Kerbonaut Ready!**

RedSpar

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Does anybody have a copy of Wayland's Eagle (there's no download link on his page) because I want to use it as additional reference?

No guarantee that this is working or the right one, but that's what I was able to find when searching the net before asking here to get it converted:
http://tekener.com/KSP/Space_1999_Eagle_1.2.rar

I hope that you can make this Eagle fly.

Give him wings, mate! :cool:

Edited by Tekener

• 3 weeks later...

@Tekener @jansan79 @C04L

On 9/2/2016 at 9:33 PM, Tekener said:

Give him wings, mate! :cool:

http://imgur.com/iRdQ89T :)

The Eagle is flying!! I have managed to reconfigure the files from .16 to work in the 1.2 prerelease. My biggest problem right now is that when I import the old .mu files into Blender, I get an object with 10,000+ faces. Something like this would make ksp crash instantly. I'm either going to have to spend a long time editing the files or making new ones. Currently, I'm thinking about just using the old files as a reference and building my own new models.

Once I get a decent amount of work done, I'll make a new thread for sharing progress in. If you guys have any thoughts/comments/suggestions/concerns/world views/ideas/criticisms/recommendations feel free to chime in. Hopefully I'll get a lot time over the weekend to work on this so quick replies would help.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

omg! you got it to the pre-release! wow, well my 1.2 is unmodded atm due to none of my usual's are ready yet.

im really loving 1.2 atm so whatever i can do you can depend on me.

just say what you need, il keep an eye out for the new thread over the wk-end if thats what you mean

Cockpit looks mint

KUDOS man

Edited by C04L

It's a funny thing but as a necromodder i have loads of things like this kicking around, mods from 1.16 and the like :)  This particular Eagle has been around for ever and is a direct descendant of the first one  in ksp. I never knew anyone except people of a certain age were interested

Spoiler

Today............

ATq29lF.png

BMTUSux.png

mC2jXnj.png

kONNHpY.png

VK1QUa9.png

7FS9uG7.png

1 hour ago, Tekener said:

Wait, are you saying you have a working Space 1999 Eagle for the current and even upcoming 1.2 version of KSP?

And yes, I guess one must have grewn up with this and Star Trek TOS to love this thing :wink:

yes that is what I'm saying, and the proof as otherwise they could be old shots, the monolith is as you know new

19sDvJy.png

58 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

yes that is what I'm saying, and the proof as otherwise they could be old shots, the monolith is as you know new

Then, would you share the Eagle with the community or at least with us fans, please?

I feel a bit sorry for @TheRagingIrishman that he already spent his time on something that already exits.

On 9/24/2016 at 9:54 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all just checked the original license and aside from some formalities, i can let you have it under the original license,  I've just noticed a wonky node or two, so let me get them sorted,finish the cargo pod and I'll post when it's done,  needs an IVA too really....

Posting so as to track this.. I'm loving it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.9.2016 at 1:54 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all just checked the original license and aside from some formalities, i can let you have it under the original license,  I've just noticed a wonky node or two, so let me get them sorted,finish the cargo pod and I'll post when it's done,  needs an IVA too really....

And how are things going?

Do you think you can provide a working Eagle with the 1.2 release next week?

Right sorry guys it keeps getting pushed off the pile by bigger and fiercer mods, i will strive (all hail the kraken) to get the IVA at least crew worthy this weekend, i haven't even flown it since 1.2 full dropped.  Its been a little hectic..  so yeah you are not forgotten and niether is our Eagle ( so all us old enough to know better can drown in nostalgia)

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Right sorry guys it keeps getting pushed off the pile by bigger and fiercer mods, i will strive (all hail the kraken) to get the IVA at least crew worthy this weekend, i haven't even flown it since 1.2 full dropped.  Its been a little hectic..  so yeah you are not forgotten and niether is our Eagle ( so all us old enough to know better can drown in nostalgia)

That's cool.Just as long as we see it before the next update. :D I'll have to check out some of those fiercer mods...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.