Vessels in interstellar space won't load properly

KSP 0.24.2 Windows (using the 32 bit exe)

Mods Installed (I believe they are all up to date):

[list]
[*]Toolbar
[*]Active Struts
[*]Active texture management
[*]Atlas engine from B9
[*]City Lights
[*]Cool Rockets
[*]Distant Objects
[*]Editor Extensions
[*]EVE
[*]RPM
[*]Kerbal Engineer
[*]KSPRC
[*]Fairings and decouplers from KW
[*]Hot Rockets
[*]Enhanced Navball
[*]Docking Port Alignment
[*]NEAR
[*]RCS Build aid
[*]Smoke screen
[*]SP+
[*]Tarsier Space tech
[*]Texture replacer
[*]Atmospheric trajectories
[*]Tweakscale
[/list]

Problem: I believe this bug has been in my saves for some time now, but it seems that any vessel that can be controlled becomes frozen and the majority of the vessel vanishes. The only part that is left behind is an engine, all indicators on the navball are on top of each other, and neither the velocity indicator or the altitude indicator show any changes as it orbits. The engine that is left behind also appears to be running but seems to have no effect/produce no effect. The first craft it occurred to was a small probe I sent to interplanetary space in my career save and the engine left behind was the active engine. The second craft was a manned mission to mars, but the engine left behind was not the active engine, but I believe it was the engine lowest in the staging (I had docked 2 craft and the engine being used ended up higher in the staging). I went back to KSC to set up another mission and when I switched back to the mars mission It had vanished apart from the engine.

Reproduction: I have no idea what actually causes it, so I'm not sure what to do to reproduce the results.

Log: output_log.txt

I did find this in the log, right at the point it loads the craft I think

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Olympus 1 Ship

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapView.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Any help on what may be causing this would be appreciated :)

Edited by Chimer4
Uploaded wrong output log

Can you list all the mods? Looks like way more than just those two...(I saw ModuleManager, and DOE, and...)

They're all there if you click on the arrows or scroll, it's just that the window appears very thin for some reason. You can see all the mods if you look at the "Reply With Quote" text.

I have no idea what could be causing the problem though, my uneducated guess would be one of the parts mods.

Toolbar

Active Struts

Active texture management

Atlas engine from B9

City Lights

Cool Rockets

Distant Objects

EditorExtensions

EVE

RPM

Kerbal Engineer

KSPRC

Fairings and decouplers from KW

Hot Rockets

Enhanced Navball

Docking Port Alignment

NEAR

RCS Build aid

Smoke screen

SP+

Tarsier Space tech

Texture replacer

Atmospheric trajectories

Tweakscale

There we go, I can actually see the list now. Most awkward way of listing your mods I've ever seen. Anyway, I've had the bug and my mods in common with you are ATM, B9, EVE, DOE, EE, RPM, KER, KWR, HotRockets, EnhancedNavball, RCS Build Aid, SmokeScreen, SP+ and Tweakscale (also I have FAR, not NEAR).

Could be Smokescreen? Maybe post that log in the SS thread (after updating those mods and trying again). I only ask because someone had the same problem with an exception from SS.

Your problem is currently plaguing my Ike probes - they're there, but I can't switch to them as, like you, all that's left is an engine. Like you, I haven't pinned down reproduction steps..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.