[WIP](Important news)Spanners Boomsticks, Parts to complement BD Armory

SpannerMonkey(smce)

More cannons is not a problem although of late I've been building them into complete less tracks tanks.(tracks kindly supplied by Kerbal Foundries)

I dont think the APC dual cannon could be classed as too big but the others range from large to massive. But then again real world artillery isn't what you'd call compact,

I can certainly Knock out a few smaller shorter cannons without turrets , but without turrets they are not going to have 360 rotation, It'd look weird. Also I think it's oonly fair if smaller cannons get a corresponding reduction in power, one of the main issues for smaller is that you'll mount them on smaller vehicles and the recoil is enough to tip the vehicle if not in reasonable limits.

Still to do a rocket launcher but I feel Baha's got them covered, same with missiles, though I do fancy a huge ICBM on a truck launcher.

As mentioned the guns/bombs/rockets all use different methods to make them work, and as Baha is buried in requests etc it may be a while before it's possible , Unless i do dip my toe into plugin development.

Also requests are always welcome, as the real world stuff only provides so much inspiration, unlike some I have no problem dealing with the fantasy and theoretical sci fi weapons, so bring it on. :)

In the meantime how about the Kerminov KS1? yes they are working cannon shell ammo boxes.

http://i.imgur.com/2hGKuFE.png

Well, this is one of the things I want.

Why is the heavy gunpod .50caliber and the minigun mount (the smaller one) 30mm

Also when I have tweak scale installed and use part mirroring one side is the normal size the mirror is 200%

That is a tweakscale bug and has NOTHING to do with this mod, as it happens to a lot of other parts.

Hi re tweakscale, as mentioned it causes lots of issues for lots of mods mainly due to the fact that mirroring in it's truest sense doesn't work in ksp hence, Lofis' mirror module, and even that's a work around as it requires specially constructed parts.

Re caliber no particular reason, could be any caliber. Main reason is I'm fairly ancient just like fifty cal, and i still sounds good to some, easily changed to 30 mm though, got no issues doing that.

Apologies for delays in updates releases, RLl issues taking preference again.

Hi re tweakscale, as mentioned it causes lots of issues for lots of mods mainly due to the fact that mirroring in it's truest sense doesn't work in ksp hence, Lofis' mirror module, and even that's a work around as it requires specially constructed parts.

Re caliber no particular reason, could be any caliber. Main reason is I'm fairly ancient just like fifty cal, and i still sounds good to some, easily changed to 30 mm though, got no issues doing that.

Apologies for delays in updates releases, RLl issues taking preference again.

Thing with Gatling guns is that they are only used in specialty applications. Generally they fire a rifle round IE a 7.62 x 39 NATO. This is what you find mounted on helicopters or Humvees. Or they fire large round like 20mm x 102mm such as in us navy Phalanx CIWS or 30mm x 173mm like in an A-10 warthog's Gau-8. Miniguns are used for volume fire not precision because if you have ten thousand rounds it doesn't matter how many times you miss if you get a few hits.

Most anti aircraft guns (which is what I assume the heavy gunpod is supposed to be) are larger 20-40mm rapid fire flack guns or even larger (88-150mm) flack cannons.

Many vehicles mount chain guns rather than mini guns because ammo is heavy and precision is more important oftentimes when using heavier calibers. Just look at the M230 30mm x 173mm on an Apache longbow or the 25mm x 137mm M242 bushmaster on a Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

Basically what I'm saying is that while miniguns are cool they don't work great in all the situations you seem to be trying to put them into. I'd suggest expanding to some harder hitting lower ROF guns like you see in modern militaries.

That and Please create a MK19 40mm grenade launcher just google it and you'll see why it is a must!

Must admit to not really needing or wanting radial mount stuff, although I know there are some skilled builders out there, building all kinds of mad things out of panels and struts who could likely find a use for radials ( like the BDA howitzer) , so unless I get several requests for radials I'm not going to make any

awww :( i was thinking since you had two tanks already done you could cut out the cannon textures and part models (fix em up a little if they have holes) put some small detail and the release them.

but up to you since your the one making these awesome things.

Hi , the question regarding alternate fire for multi barrel weapons has been raised before, I have asked Bahamuto about it and sadly its not possible within the current plugin framework. I do agree it'd be nice , the quad was meant to fire that way but as it's not possible it'll have to stay as it is.

I'm Still broken, normal service resumed as soon as possible.

Hi , the question regarding alternate fire for multi barrel weapons has been raised before, I have asked Bahamuto about it and sadly its not possible within the current plugin framework. I do agree it'd be nice , the quad was meant to fire that way but as it's not possible it'll have to stay as it is.

I'm Still broken, normal service resumed as soon as possible.

Broken? Is everything alright?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've noticed an issue, the bullets are white boxes like they are missing models. Help?

EDIT: Not bullets, something to do with them though.

When I fire there are these white boxes that fall and turn orange. It's not the shells, I can see them. I have no clue.

Edited by Diax1324

I've noticed an issue, the bullets are white boxes like they are missing models. Help?

EDIT: Not bullets, something to do with them though.

When I fire there are these white boxes that fall and turn orange. It's not the shells, I can see them. I have no clue.

The latest version of this mod is for an old version of bD armory so it may be incompatible

• 2 weeks later...
Hi and thanks for the interest, sadly due to current health issues i'm not in the position to fix the mod and or update to current BD armory standards. Hopefully this situation will start to resolve itself as weather warms up, and i can get back to doing something creative.

Cheers

Spanner

Don't waste your health on a mod :)

It's all good.

• 1 month later...

HI I've been contacted by Lord Prometheus regarding a fix he has done to bring this mod up to date, hopefully we'll be bringing this to you all very soon,

(still broken but bored shtlss ) Getting back up to speed on all the new stuff since i last maimed a vertex for the sake of enjoyment.

Thanks for the continued interest and support , fingers crossed for the update

Spanner

Good to hear your still around and kicking. I look forward to what maddness you bring to KSP with your vertex maiming. I look forward to the update as I still use your mod even with its slight bugs.

Since its the only one that has passable wing-mount guns for airplanes, the 50cal mounts. But they are so weak for ground attack or hitting any sort of armored tank now might as well be shooting spitballs. also can you perform surgery on the single barrel 105 mm artillery turret and remove the turret part so it can be used as a forward gun mount? Any chance you might be able to take a peek into those and but them out with the possible update?

Good to hear your still around and kicking. I look forward to what maddness you bring to KSP with your vertex maiming. I look forward to the update as I still use your mod even with its slight bugs.

Since its the only one that has passable wing-mount guns for airplanes, the 50cal mounts. But they are so weak for ground attack or hitting any sort of armored tank now might as well be shooting spitballs. also can you perform surgery on the single barrel 105 mm artillery turret and remove the turret part so it can be used as a forward gun mount? Any chance you might be able to take a peek into those and but them out with the possible update?

What about the inline 30mm?

A wingtip .50 and 20mm would be nice. Actually I don't think there is a simpler to make model possible just a Tube with a slight bulge that is surface mountable.

The only time I used the .50 browning was for a biplane from the firespitter pack