[1.7.3] Exploration Rover System by A.S.E.T. v0.3 (04.08.19)

alexustas

Once you have the updated dll you have to right click the rover base part and tell it to show the nodes. If that doesn't do it... well... hopefully someone smarter will answer.

This works, I have used it after our earlier discussion on toggling nodes.

i love this mod and RPM and the entire ksp modded game... i just hate how there's lag when i have the cockpit for this rover :( it really is a pain to build a rocket then have to make fine adjustments in under 15 fps or even 5 fps sometimes...

but then again i guess i'm paying the price for that really sweet HUD.

So the wheels work for me now but now I'm having a problem with RasterPropMonitor. The screens are black and I always get the Error Message "Rasterpropmonitor initialization failed: Check config"

Someone know what config I'm supposed to check? I already searched for this problem and apparently it can happen when you have more than one ModuleManager.dll in your GameData folder but I have only one

So the wheels work for me now but now I'm having a problem with RasterPropMonitor. The screens are black and I always get the Error Message "Rasterpropmonitor initialization failed: Check config"

Someone know what config I'm supposed to check? I already searched for this problem and apparently it can happen when you have more than one ModuleManager.dll in your GameData folder but I have only one

Did you get the update dll for JSI here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-25-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-3%29-8-Oct?p=1610931&viewfull=1#post1610931 and that error you could have a misplaced folder.

EDIT- Your install should be like KSP/GameData/ASET and in ASET something like This if you have about all his mods 7 folder in ASET a ALCOR_IVA_patch , ALCOR_LanderCapsule , ASET_Props , ExtCamRadialVert , Konquest , PRC , ERS.

Edited by Mecripp2

Did you get the update dll for JSI here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-25-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-3%29-8-Oct?p=1610931&viewfull=1#post1610931 and that error you could have a misplaced folder.

EDIT- Your install should be like KSP/GameData/ASET and in ASET something like This if you have about all his mods 7 folder in ASET a ALCOR_IVA_patch , ALCOR_LanderCapsule , ASET_Props , ExtCamRadialVert , Konquest , PRC , ERS.

WHAT? Konquest hasn't been released, how did you get it?!

Sorry forgot to mention, yes I have the updated DLLs. Those go in GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins right?

And nah, in the ASET folder I only have the 2 folders ERS and Konquest. I really only want the Rover, do I need all of his other mods for that? I do have however a GameData/ASET_Props folder

EDIT: Okay, I derped. The ASET_Props folder belongs in the ASET folder. And still it doesn't work. Whether I put in the modified DLL or the original, sometimes the interior in the transparent capsule doesn't show up, sometimes I have the double suspensions. I am severely confused now and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Can someone confirm I am doing this in the right order? First put the ERS files in the GameDate folder, then the ASET_Props in GameData/ASET

Next install RasterPropMonitor, I have the version 0.18.3, and put JSIPartUtilites Dev branch that's linked in the first post in the GameData/JSI folder.

And last put the modified RasterPropMonitor.dll in GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins

Edited by Atomschlumpf

The ERS stuff should be under ASET/ERS and ASET/Konquest, as in the zip. You might also want to try artwhaley's 0.90 recompile of JSIPartUtilities, which is linked at the top of the OP of the JSIPartUtilities thread.

I do have the folders in the /GameData/ASET folder. ERS, Konquest and ASET_Props

I also tried artwhaley's recompiled DLL and after some more testing it seems that without the DLL the interior in the transparent capsule doesn't show and I can't go into IVA view. With the DLL the interior is visible and I can into IVA and the RasterPropMonitors now seem to somewhat work, too. But I still have the double suspension problem and with right click on the parts I don't get the special options, like triggering the nodes. Those are shown now by default.

However at least I don't get the RasterPropMonitor error anymore. But I can't seem to go back to that state either. Previously it worked, I could trigger the nodes, trigger the suspension and the wheels and all. The Rover did drive, I could go into IVA view and most of the interface worked, too. Apart from the RasterPropMonitors. However, I seem to have ....ed it up now and nothing works anymore and I don't know why...

The JSI RasterPropMonitor.dll recompiled DLL go in KSP/GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins do note that it is just a dll you have to have JSI installed and the and the one JSIPartUtilities.dll recompiled DLL KSP/GameData/JSI/PartUtilities/Plugins and are you still getting a "Rasterpropmonitor initialization failed: Check config" ?

Okay so I finally solved my problem. I did a clean reinstall of the mod, deleted the JSI and ASET folders and put everything back in in the right order and HOLY .... IT WORKS

...and sure as hell the next problem pops right up. On the HUD and interface in the IVA the numbers won't change. So, like, the little consumption meter goes up when I drive but the numbers just stay at 000. The charge meter slowly decreases but the number stays at 660. Even the alignment indicator with the little mesh of the rover moves but all the numbers stay at 000, even the speed meter.

Is this because of the recompiled DLLs or did I mess something up again?

LOL if you have this mod installed right you have the folder Konquest which has a folder in it called ConnectionPoint it's a part for this mod.

lol yeah i realised that when installing this mod after searching for an actual full Konquest release

IIRC, the ASET wheels use the stock wheel module, so no. Though OrbitusII did release a plugin a while back that gives tweakable torque and brakes that you could config bash in - I just can't remember the name. Might have been Tweakable Wheels, and ought be be compatible with .90 even if it's not been specifically updated.

I do have a version of the wheels set up using the Kerbal Foundries plugin, so you get automatic direction setup, smoothed proportional steering and adjustable suspension and torque, though I've not really thought how to release it yet. I was going to ask alexustas if he's interested, but I don't think he's been seen for a while? I'll go check out the license..

IIRC, the ASET wheels use the stock wheel module, so no. Though OrbitusII did release a plugin a while back that gives tweakable torque and brakes that you could config bash in - I just can't remember the name. Might have been Tweakable Wheels, and ought be be compatible with .90 even if it's not been specifically updated.

I do have a version of the wheels set up using the Kerbal Foundries plugin, so you get automatic direction setup, smoothed proportional steering and adjustable suspension and torque, though I've not really thought how to release it yet. I was going to ask alexustas if he's interested, but I don't think he's been seen for a while? I'll go check out the license..

I might be wrong but where do you get it's stock wheel module looks like FS wheel module

//----------------------- FS Wheel Stuff ---------------------------

MODULE
{
name = FSwheel
wheelColliderName = wheelCollider
wheelRotationAxis = 1, 0, 0
boundsCollider = Bounds
wheelMeshName = wheel
suspensionParentName = suspensionTraverse
rotationAdjustment = 5.0
numberOfWheels = 1
animationName = Retract
customAnimationSpeed = 0.5
disableColliderAtAnimTime = 0.33
disableColliderWhenRetracted = True
brakeTorque = 15
brakeSpeed = 0.5
animationLayer = 1
deployedDrag = 0.2
retractedDrag = 0.0
guiActiveUnfocused = True
unfocusedRange = 5.0

hasMotor = True
motorEnabled = True
motorTorque = 10
maxSpeed = 30

overrideModelFrictionValues = True
overrideModelSpringValues = False
overrideSuspensionDistance = False

forwardsExtremumSlip = 0.01
forwardsExtremumValue = 1.0
forwardsAsymptoteSlip = 0.04
forwardsAsymptoteValue = 0.6
forwardsStiffness = 6000

sidewaysExtremumSlip = 0.01
sidewaysExtremumValue = 1.0
sidewaysAsymptoteSlip = 0.04
sidewaysAsymptoteValue = 0.6
sidewaysStiffness = 500

resourceConsumptionRate = 1.0
resourceName = ElectricCharge
//motorStartsReversed = True

brakeEmissiveObjectName = ERSWheelBCKEmissiveObj
onEmissiveColor =1,0, 0.3, 0.0
offEmissiveColor =0.0, 0.3, 0.1
deployingEmissiveColor =1.0, 0.0, 0.0
disabledEmissiveColor =0.0, 0.0, 0.0

}

MODULE
{
name = FSpartTurner
steerMultiplier = 20
targetPartObject = steering
rotationDirectionX = 0
rotationDirectionY = 1
rotationDirectionZ = 0
defaultRotationX = 0
defaultRotationY = 0
defaultRotationZ = 0
steeringEnabled = True
reversedInput = False
speedAdjustedSteering = True
speedAdjustedSteeringMinimumMultiplier = 0.1
}

//--------------------------Wheel Constraints---------------------------

MODULE
{
name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
matchRotation = true
matchPosition = false
CONSTRAINFX
{
targetName = steering
moversName = trackSteering
}

}

MODULE
{
name = FXModuleLookAtConstraint
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = ERS_WheelSuspFixedParts
rotatorsName = ERS_WheelSuspMovingParts
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = ERS_WheelSuspMovingParts
rotatorsName = ERS_WheelSuspFixedParts
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = ERS_WheelSuspFixedPartsBACK
rotatorsName = ERS_WheelSuspMovingPartsBACK
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = ERS_WheelSuspMovingPartsBACK
rotatorsName = ERS_WheelSuspFixedPartsBACK
}

CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = PistonMovingLocFWD
rotatorsName = PistonFixedLocFWD
}
}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.