[1.7.3] Exploration Rover System by A.S.E.T. v0.3 (04.08.19)

alexustas

I edited the persistenence file to add this code to Rover on Eello and alas, it did nothing. Which is just odd. Surely any long term rover such as this should be able to store science, right? I am disappoint!

You shouldn't have to edit your persistenence just the Rover command part cfg and reload the game if you had it running.

Have the transparencies been fixed with RPM yet?

I'm using RPM version 0.21.2 but I don't see the transparent windows. Yes, I've installed the transparent .cfg file.

Also, I don't get the new drive screen either. The switch doesn't seem to do anything but click.

It all seems to work for me, but I haven't actually tried it in a few weeks. That's two weeks without any sort of update done to either mods though. To be fair, I still run a custom override module for handling transparent pods, so that might have something to do with it.

The transparent windows do not work for me either, though I do have the .cfg for it and the IVA works fine. I built the rover in the SPH by the way. Also, the wheels sink into the ground and tilt to the side when I try to steer. When attempting to move forwards or backwards the wheels spin but the vehicle just bounces a little bit. I do have the latest versions of all requirements so I do not know why it is acting strange.

Edited by mike9606

Are you using the latest JSI tools otherwise you will have issues

I am using the latest JSI Tools, but I think it's because the wheels don't seem to work right in the SPH. They look like they are attached right but they don't actually work.

I am using the latest JSI Tools, but I think it's because the wheels don't seem to work right in the SPH. They look like they are attached right but they don't actually work.

Sounds like you attached them wrong you might watch his video real close and see what your doing wrong.

EDIT- Or your using a old Firespitter plugin ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Wheel problem exemplified, with solution.

The solution to the wheel problem has been right in front of us! (Thanks Alex). The wheels must be installed with the
RED ARROW
pointing up (towards the top of the vehicle)

This wheel is
CORRECTLY INSTALLED

This wheel is
NOT CORRECTLY INSTALLED

This is the RESULT of the installation

I'm absolutely loving the cabin, but I'm going to echo some other points people have brought up. We need flatbeds and service bays for these things.

FHZ3rvh.jpg

Something like that. Also, I'm happy to report this thing is almost designed for those tracks. They fit it better than the wheels that came with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work! Your mods are awesome,

A few notes though, because as pretty as it is, it is not a fully functional rover. It definitely needs flatbeds and cargo bays for 1.25m parts (like the materials bay...), a few tanks would be nice too (maybe you could do something like the MK-IV Spaceplane tanks, one default tank and ressource choice via right-click menu?), and integration of TACLS. Also, the Command Cabin IVA is a bit blank, apart from the work stations, which could be upgraded. (I don't really use the crew cabin because I rarely have more than three Karbala on a mission, others are just a waste of Life Support Ressource...

Also, why does the docking port have a crew capacity of 1? Given it has no hatch or IVA putting a Kerala in means he is stuck there until craft recovery...

Finaly, are ASET grapple fixture ands ASET Docking node part of this mod ? (I also have ALCOR) because I am a little confused about what they can be used for...

Otherwise great mod, I really can't stress enough how much I appreciate it... can't wait for you to update the nawball so that it works with the latest RPM

Edited by FlyAlpha
Correcting Spelling

"nawball" = new prop for rovers that acts as a form of "stress reliever" wherein a Kerbal can relieve his/her stress by chewing on it. Optional taste-enhancers are available with tasty flavors such as Hearty Meatball, Veggie Surprise, and our brand new Kerbal Snack flavor.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see the Ladder Hatch assembly placed on the crew module sections. I second the need for a few additional accessory beds and tanks. But you have always made some of the most impressive Models that must take a good deal of time, so I wont hold my breath. This has replaced the Bobcat rovers for me. Would pull them out of the GameData file if they had the extra accessory modules. But I'm sure your not going to hold your breath waiting for me to do so.

Thx man, always appreciate a great Mod creator, some sacrifice to put out tons of mods with low quality, yours always hit the mark for exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've added the code to the config file to store science. Now that my planetary science collecting is over and I have 112 individual science reports, how do I move them from the ERS to rocket home? There doesn't seem to be an option for a Kerbal to collect the science to move it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.