[1.7.3] Exploration Rover System by A.S.E.T. v0.3 (04.08.19)

alexustas

To all users of my ERS add-on, which still have interest in it. I am glad to inform you that now I am actively working on an update of the ERS.

has been done:

• wheels has been fixed (using the stock module). Also, I will do a mm-config using 'KSPWheel' plug-in as an option.
  • ERSCabin IVA finalized.
  • CrewModule IVA has been created.
  • all models has been recompiled under Unity 5
  • overlay models for ERSCabin and CrewModule has been created.
  • ERSCabin's glazing has been modified, the thickness of the glass was significantly increased.

Work to restore 'JSIPartUtilities' plug-in efficiency is under way , which is necessary for the normal operation of the ERS. @DennyTX was kind enough to agree to do this for me.
So, I hope that soon I can start testing the updated add-on. If you have  interest to participate in the testing, let me know via PM.

Album

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.02.2017 at 7:00 PM, alexustas said:

To all users of my ERS add-on, which still have interest in it. I am glad to inform you that now I am actively working on an update of the ERS.

has been done:

• wheels has been fixed (using the stock module). Also, I will do a mm-config using 'KSPWheel' plug-in as an option.
  • ERSCabin's glazing has been modified, the thickness of the glass was significantly increased.

Work to restore 'JSIPartUtilities' plug-in efficiency is under way , which is necessary for the normal operation of the ERS. @DennyTX was kind enough to agree to do this for me.
So, I hope that soon I can start testing the updated add-on. If you have  interest to participate in the testing, let me know via PM.

Album

Yesss Man, you're the boss :wink:

This is the best rover mod out there, wish it'd supplement the USI Line somehow (although all can be done via MM patches later on once you finish the fixes) :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/16/2017 at 8:00 PM, alexustas said:

has been done:

Album

Please revitalize this great mod, who was the best rover mod in my opinion. Best looking, simplistic and very useful

Edited by GERULA

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Noice :D

yeah... the ground indicator meshes for the wheels is a nifty idea...
@alexustas, i dont know if you know this, but if you use the Icon_Hidden tag on the ground indicator mesh in Unity, you can have just the ground mesh, *not* visible in the Part Icons... ;)

loving the Universal Storage mounts, too

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

yeah... the ground indicator meshes for the wheels is a nifty idea..

^^^^ this.

6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

The HUD is gorgeous! Love the addition of the ground indicator for the wheels - nice touch!

^^^^ this.

Am happy to see this.

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

yeah... the ground indicator meshes for the wheels is a nifty idea...
@alexustas, i dont know if you know this, but if you use the Icon_Hidden tag on the ground indicator mesh in Unity, you can have just the ground mesh, *not* visible in the Part Icons... ;)

Yes, I know that. but I decided to leave the ground mesh in a preview, to additionally draw the user's attention to this feature, since in the previous version users had problem with the correct orientation of the wheels

@alexustas I would have been surprised if you *didnt* know this... but thought i would mention it if you didnt, and I clumsily did qualify it by adding the "i dont know if you know this, but.." ...
And, yeah, i can see your reasoning behind showing it ;)

In ANY case, tiny inconsequential details aside.... AGAIN, THANK YOU for the update... ;)

5 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Oops, LGG and others are currently at work to provide a new version here also, as they thought you had given up on KSP. Wonder whether they could subsume their changes (I know they were working on new external textures) into this release?

As far as I know, LGG is now only working on the KAS/KIS version Rover. :)

I have been away from KSP for quite awhile, but recently got the itch again. I am so excited that I finally get to play with this mod! Thank you for your work @alexustas you have made my dreams come through!

Maybe one day I'll be playing the Konquest mod... A man can dream!

Edited by nebuchadnezzar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.