[1.7.3] Exploration Rover System by A.S.E.T. v0.3 (04.08.19)

alexustas

Got wheels fixed, the sole problem as of now is the wheels gets squished. I have to EVA and manually repair them and still they keep on getting damaged. If anyone has solution on how to modify or hack wheels to make it stronger??

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Does anyone know the solution of wheels keep breaking??

I dont now if theres a specific fix for your issue in this, but you could try reading this thread and maybe replacing the JSI Utilities dependency for ERS with LGGs update... vOv

On 12/10/2020 at 7:59 PM, Stone Blue said:

I dont now if theres a specific fix for your issue in this, but you could try reading this thread and maybe replacing the JSI Utilities dependency for ERS with LGGs update... vOv

It doesn't work for ksp 1.10x and 1.9x

5 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Yes. JSI doesn't seem to work as wheels keep on breaking on taking a turn or going off the runway

Well, there was no guarantee that the updated JSI addressed the wheels, specifically... I'm not surprised tho... Stock wheel behaviour has always been an enigma... KSP Wheels and Foundries mods have shown that... I'm not surprised that LGG might not want to try to address wheels in KSP... Anytime I see discussion of wheels in KSP. I wouldnt be surprised if everyone who has ever attempted to fix/get them working correctly, is now bald.... I've heard poking KSP wheels is quite the hair-pulling exercise in futility... :lol:

But for whatever else JSI does for ERS, its best to use the new JSI anyway... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...

I finally found a fix to the breaking wheels!

As I mentioned before in my KSP v1.10.1, the wheels kept on breaking on making a hard turn or overriding the speed limit and making a slight turn!

All you need to do is playing little bit with wheels' .cfg files

Just find both wheel's .cfg files which would be named "ERSWheel_FWD_Stock.cfg" and BCK

In that look for "ModuleWheelDamage" and look for something like this 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWheelDamage
        baseModuleIndex = 0

damagedTransformName = bastedwheel
        undamagedTransformName = wheel

stressTolerance = 900
        impactTolerance = 300
        deflectionMagnitude = 1.0
        deflectionSharpness = 2.0
        slipMagnitude = 15
        slipSharpness = 2.0
    }

In your file "stressTolerance" will be 900, do not change that (If you want you can)

All you need is to change "impactTolerance" which in your case will be 60, change that to 300 or to any numbers you want!

These will show effect depending to your craft. It is better to keep higher numbers for bigger crafts like moving bases or Cybertruck like rovers and stuff, since these wheels are cool looking and are great just like stock TR 2L wheels!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.