Budget Cuts

The Kerbistan legislature has recently informed you that they will be cutting your budget for the next fiscal year. This will mean that you can no longer keep the larger LV-T30 or LV-T45, leaving you with only the LV-909 as your sole liquid engine. However, they still expect you to get kerbals into orbit and keep other kerbals employed.

Using only the small LV-909 engines get a command capsule and SAS/ASAS module into orbit using the fewest number of engines, and safety return your kerbanauts. You may only use stock parts.

Right now my personal best is 5 engines (hope that doesn\'t give away too much)

rtn9v.png?1

In the lastest effieny(spell?) moon challenge the winner was with 2.5 fuel tanks using the smallest engine. A really challenge would be to see how much mass you could get up to orbit on those engines.

In the lastest effieny(spell?) moon challenge the winner was with 2.5 fuel tanks using the smallest engine. A really challenge would be to see how much mass you could get up to orbit on those engines.

2.5 tanks? Do you have a link to it? The smallest one I know about is 3.5 tanks.

I feel like everyone is missing the part where I said and an SAS/ASAS module

Oh. I guess I skimmed over that part.

*edit*

I was able to strap an ASAS on the rocket I showed before, and was still able to get into orbit and back.

I am the first person with an avatar to post here

Congratulations.

Next time... please add a little content.

I tried going to the moon with the little engines, but underestimated my delta-v greatly, and ended up in a very weird orbit... :(

Here\'s a picture of it. I had added another pair of fuel lines so I could keep the outer engines running for a few moments longer after the outer tanks were empty.

huh. Never thought of that before. It is quite - interesting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.