[FAR] [B9 Aerospace] Issues regarding cargo bays

Take a look at this picture:

qKkAlAV.jpg

As you can see, the B9-Aerospace M2 Cargo bay (3x) is closed and there are no parts protruding out of it.

However, if I right click on a part inside the cargo bay to see how much drag it is inducing, I get this:

ZjkSnYh.jpg

If I check the other parts in the cargo bay, I get the same results: it seems that cargo bay isn't actually protecting the stuff inside from drag.

This is a huge problem since the stuff in the cargo bay gets destroyed by aerodynamic failures on reentry.

Here's a closer look at the stuff inside the cargo bay:

ZJ0qJrD.jpg

Why is this part inducing drag when it is inside the cargo bay? Am I missing something here? Or is this a bug?

I have B9-Aerospace, FAR, Deadly reentry and a bunch of other irrelevant part mods installed.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Stratzenblitz75

Try the dev version of FAR from the girhub repo. That should fix the issue.

Well, I tried the dev build and it didn't solve the issue... However, I tried another cargo bay included with B9, the S2 Cargo Bay (x4), and that one worked. So it appears that the issue is with the B9-Aerospace M2 Cargo bay (3x), rather than FAR.

I solved the issue! Kinda...

I went into the FAR debug part classification menu and I moved the "cargo bay" tag from the "Cargo Bay Title Contains:" section to the "Fairing Title Contains:" section. I'm not sure what effect this will have on the other cargo bays, but since I'm not going to use them, this kinda sloppy fix works for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.