In a pickle of sorts...

I have an array of mods that I am "trying" to use. I'm not entirely new to modding games, so I started with the basics. I got a vanilla install and installed each mod and tested it. ALL the mods work and function with my install how ever, They DO NOT work while installed back to back with other mods. I thought of an easy solution "if it's possible". Could I make 3 copies of the game and install certain mods to each copy? That would give me the ability to use all the mods I enjoy. I'm wanting to build a base on Minmus, so could I use one copy to build the base. Then restart on another copy to take my rovers to said base. and so on and so forth? All the failed attempts to load the game are caused but a memory shortage. I have researched it but can not figure out how to allocate 100G's of one of my many harddrives...

Well, that would work, assuming none of the mods you uninstall when you jump copies have parts that are being used by your base, which is probably pretty unlikely. RAM issues like you describe are common when working with lots of parts.

You have a couple options:

-selectively pick and choose parts from mods that you need, and try to keep your total memory usage below ~3.5gb

-use Active Texture Management to try to save some memory

-try x64 assuming you have more than 4gb of RAM to begin with and understand that it likely will not work at all and crash a LOT

I have an array of mods that I am "trying" to use. I'm not entirely new to modding games, so I started with the basics. I got a vanilla install and installed each mod and tested it. ALL the mods work and function with my install how ever, They DO NOT work while installed back to back with other mods. I thought of an easy solution "if it's possible". Could I make 3 copies of the game and install certain mods to each copy? That would give me the ability to use all the mods I enjoy. I'm wanting to build a base on Minmus, so could I use one copy to build the base. Then restart on another copy to take my rovers to said base. and so on and so forth? All the failed attempts to load the game are caused but a memory shortage. I have researched it but can not figure out how to allocate 100G's of one of my many harddrives...
I just Downloaded ATM just after I posted this, and it still would not load up with my KAS and MKS. I've never disected a mod just for specific parts. Is there anything I should know before I attempt it? Other then a complete back up before hand ofcourse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.