[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

Hi there.

Will this mod also fix the issue with certain controllers that work with values from -255 to +255 instead of 0 to 255?

I recently bought a "Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick" and apearantly it won't work with the unity engine of KSP for this exact reason. (KSP's engine works with 0 to 255)

I tried to remap it to a virtual joystick but it didn't work either.

regards Sandro

• 2 weeks later...

I have somewhat of a bug report, or rather what seems like an incompatibility.

My joystick Logitech Extreme 3D Pro doesn't seem to be detected by the software. I've tried restarting both KSP and the PC itself, as well as switching USB ports, but nothing seems to fix it. What makes it even weirder is that the regular KSP control tab ubder software recognizes it just fine, so the joystick itself definitely isn't broken.

I'm using the x86 version of KSP 0.90 as well as the x86 version of the mod, installed through CKAN. PC is running Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if a log of some kind would help here, as it's not a crash or something, but if you need it just hit me up and I'll see what I can do!

From what I've understood the joystick I have (again, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) is quite a popular joystick among amateur flight simmers, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone reading this have the same one. If you do, feel free to message or quote me here and tell me wether or not it works for you!

Edited by ThrillBird

• 3 weeks later...
It's not the joystick. My 3D pro works just fine. Did you try calibrating it from withen the mod settings?

I would have, if it even showed the stick. But I guess I just have myself to blame for not looking up the issue tracker beforehand - apparently there's a known incompatibility with Windows 8.1 which I'm running.. Guess I'll just have to wait for a new version!

Hello Kerbals,

One of my controllers is not shown in the AFBW controller listing. The log shows unity detecting everything, and the mod is "Loaded" and "initialized" without any errors. However, when the AFBW window is open (Ctrl+L) the framerate drops to less than 1fps. I won't be able to get around to debugging this right away, but I can at least assume there is something fishy regarding the configuration for CH pro pedals. This is the only useful bit from my log for now:

/dev/input/js0: driver version: 2.1.0 (20100)
/dev/input/js0: fd 46, buttons 16, axes 5, name raphnet.net WUSBmote_v1.3
/dev/input/js0: axis 0: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 1: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 2: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 3: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 4: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js1: driver version: 2.1.0 (20100)
/dev/input/js1: fd 47, buttons 19, axes 5, name CH PRODUCTS CH PRO THROTTLE USB
/dev/input/js1: axis 0: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js1: axis 1: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js1: axis 2: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js1: axis 3: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js1: axis 4: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js2: driver version: 2.1.0 (20100)
/dev/input/js2: fd 48, buttons 19, axes 5, name CH PRODUCTS CH FIGHTERSTICK USB
/dev/input/js2: axis 0: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js2: axis 1: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js2: axis 2: raw -19932, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js2: axis 3: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js2: axis 4: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js4: driver version: 2.1.0 (20100)
/dev/input/js4: fd 49, buttons 0, axes 3, name CH PRODUCTS CH PRO PEDALS USB
/dev/input/js4: axis 0: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js4: axis 1: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js4: axis 2: raw 0, mapped 0.000000

Is the Linux version supporting 64-bit? The AFBW window is blank when I open it

i'm having the same problem

Anyone here have any ideas how to get it showing on linux?

edit : using a logitech 3d pro

Edited by Maars

I am not sure about the future of this mod, considering the attempted upgrading of the stock joystick support, but I wanted to report that KSP still can't recognize the axises of my Thrustmaster T flight X, which is a fairly common stick, so an update for this mod would be much appreciated.

This mod is definitely one I need for this game. KSP version 1.0 seems to have made only a token effort to improve joystick support and has no in-flight joystick settings screen. Plus version 1.0 still has that dreaded lag on Saitek X52 Hotas. In short, KSP still does not support joysticks in a modern and friendly way. This is why AFBW is so important.

AFBW actually works in 1.0... so long as you kill the .cfg file and redo your config every time you start KSP.

However, the fix was surprisingly simple: delay the call to AddFlyByWireCallbackToActiveVessel by one frame.

I've a x-55 hotas, and KSP gives the same name to the axes of both the throttle and the stick (they are 2 separated usb controllers), so "joystick axis 0" is axis 0 in the joystick AND axis 0 in the throttle..., not very nice. I can't really understand why it's not working in a 1.0 release!!!, it's a space game, we need full joystick support ^^..

AFBW made it for me in 0.90, I hope it works now too, I don't want to be using virtual joysticks to make it work!

AFBW actually works in 1.0... so long as you kill the .cfg file and redo your config every time you start KSP.

However, the fix was surprisingly simple: delay the call to AddFlyByWireCallbackToActiveVessel by one frame.

How would you delay that call?, the stock joystick support is just..., very bad. I need this mod to play :'(

Also eagerly awaiting a version for 1.0, as even using just an XBOX pad, KSP forgets which stick ID is which between runs...

Also, for those X-55 users left out in the cold, I may have a temporary workaround, but it does involve using virtual sticks.

You can use my app UJR to combine both sticks into one virtual stick.

Once you have it set up, I would recommend disconnecting both sticks before running KSP - that way, KSP only has one stick to choose from (The virtual stick) when it launches, and should stop KSP from "seeing" your physical sticks.

If it does the old forget-which-stick-id buttons are mapped to, try using PJP's JoyID's util to swap the ID of the vJoy stick.

Hope this helps until Taniwha can sort AFBW properly.

If you need help with UJR, please post on my thread rather than spamming this thread with irrelevant info.

Edited by evilC