[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

Thank you, but this doesn't seem to work for me... although I updated Toolbar and AFBW, the game crashes on me if I press the button on the Toolbar, and shift+L doesn't do anything

I had a similar experience in Windows 7, it would crash whenever I tried to open it from the toolbar regardless of whether I had a joystick plugged in or not.

This was with 1.0.2 and the updated dll from Taniwha. Since no one else had reported this I figured it was something weird with my hardware. Fortunately I play mostly on Linux.

I tried to look into why it was crashing, but I'm not that experienced with Unity or Windows programming. It looked like it was crashing in Xinput code enumerating my controllers. I put my output_log.txt in dropbox if anyone with more Unity/Windows experience wants to take a look at it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25219148/output_log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Working well for me in 1.04, using a thrustmaster warthog and saitek pedals. A couple of things I've noticed:

- I can't seem to set any controller button for physics timewarp + and -. Or rather, the setting is saved in the AFBW config window, but the button does not actually cause physics timewarp to occur. Same for show/hide navball.

- If I use the thrustmaster TARGET software to fix things like sensitivity for the throttle nipple axes, then AFBW can no longer see all of the buttons (it can see most, but not all -switches don't seem to function) unless I turn them into keypresses, but that has a few issues - it runs the risk of messing up the AFBW GUI if I accidentally press the wrong button in config, plus it's a pain to organise everything in multiple places, and if I'm using keypress assignment in target then I might as well just use stock input setup. But if I don't use TARGET then controlling the camera becomes impossible because of the crazy sensitivity on the camera (this is not a mod problem, it's an issue with the hardware, the nipple works fine in DCS which is what it was designed for, but goes crazy in anything else.

Edited by allmhuran

I have a strange issue here with the mod refusing to detect my joysticks. I'm running Gentoo linux 64bit. The stock game detects the joysticks, and they work in other software, but this mod lists only Keyboard+Mouse controller. I'm using KSP 1.0.4 (both 32 and 64 bit version show same behaviour) and latest AFBW with the patched dll from taniwha.

Is there yet to be a fix for the x-55 HOTAS for windows 8.1. I've been here a few times before reading if therse a fix or not but cant seem to find it/any! Is there help to get or am i doomed and have to wait for a new update or even mod!

Just installed and works fine on Windows 7 with a Logitech 3d extreme. Not sure why other people are having problems. I don't know if it's because of hardware/software issues or if they didn't follow the instructions in the OP. This is not a standard mod install. You must read the OP, follow the instructions and use the updated dll provided by Taniwha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the update, its showing on CKAN now.

Not sure if you are looking into bugs with it or just updated it for 1.0.5. If you are looking at the bugs its still causing rovers to constantly accelerate if you tap S once.

1.0.5 1028

1.6 AFBW

Cyborg 3d Gold Joystick

Output https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_log.txt

Just need to drive a rover and press S once for it to accelerate constantly. Happens on a fresh install of the Mod before the stick was configured. (joystick isn't even enabled in the AFBW GUI). Only way around it that I can see is to remove the mod folder if I ever want to use a rover.

2 hours ago, Torih said:

press S once for it to accelerate constantly. Happens on a fresh install of the Mod before the stick was configured. (joystick isn't even enabled in the AFBW GUI).

Thanks for the report, version 1.6.1 should be up on KerbalStuff with a fix now and on CKAN shortly.

I installed CKAN to install this mod. Seemed ok, until I actually tried to use it.  As soon as I click on the tool bar controller icon the game crashes.

KSP 1.0.5  clean install. No other mods on it.

Windows 10 OS

Stick Thrustmaster USB not that I got to try it.

Please help!!

5 hours ago, MarvinMartian said:

I installed CKAN to install this mod. Seemed ok, until I actually tried to use it.  As soon as I click on the tool bar controller icon the game crashes.

Gonna have to look at that output_log.txt, check the main post for details on how to send it to me.

Edited by nlight

sorry to bother if this has been answered before, i did search but no luck for me, i have 1.0.5 with many mods, on AFBW install, mechjeb simply fails to control the vessel... any wise advice for what is probably a silly thing? i can post logs and list of mods if needed...

21 hours ago, frango9000 said:

sorry to bother if this has been answered before, i did search but no luck for me, i have 1.0.5 with many mods, on AFBW install, mechjeb simply fails to control the vessel... any wise advice for what is probably a silly thing? i can post logs and list of mods if needed...

I will look into this, thanks for the report.

12 hours ago, vixr said:

A quick question for nlight... once I use CKAN to install AFBW,(which is working flawlessly) must I continue to use CKAN? Can I just use my KSP stock desktop shortcut launcher?

You don't have to use CKAN once you have installed the mods though you should probably open it every once in a while to check for updates.

To add to the MechJeb report, it seems that MechJeb is unable to override the throttle control specifically. Attitude seems unaffected.

The RemoteTech Flight Computer does not seem to suffer from this limitation, so it may be MechJeb's fault.

Edited by CovertJaguar
Added info about RemoteTech

Also just encountered this problem, but only since updating to the 1.0.5 version of AFBW.

My mechjeb has no issues with directional control, only with thrust.
Solved this by making an extra preset called "Mechjeb" that only has throttle control disabled from my (X55) throttle joystick. Just using a hotkey to swap in between makes it a painless temp sollution.