[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

This is an amazing mod, I can finally complete complicated maneuvers smoothly! (thank you so much)
great work.

Other note: I am using the 'Saikek X52' controller setup, and (I greatly apologize if I missed this in the settings) I was wondering if there is a setting to enable the joystick trigger as the left-click, as I am using this mod in tandem with BD armory and I want to be able to have dogfights without having to switch to the mouse every time I want to shoot something.

Is this possible or am I sounding like Old-man-using-iphone right now?

4 hours ago, KGEI said:

This is an amazing mod, I can finally complete complicated maneuvers smoothly! (thank you so much)
great work.

Other note: I am using the 'Saikek X52' controller setup, and (I greatly apologize if I missed this in the settings) I was wondering if there is a setting to enable the joystick trigger as the left-click, as I am using this mod in tandem with BD armory and I want to be able to have dogfights without having to switch to the mouse every time I want to shoot something.

Is this possible or am I sounding like Old-man-using-iphone right now?

BD armory has a setting menu where you can set the joystick trigger as fire key. I posted a feature suggestion for multiple fire buttons in the BD armory thread

On 12/28/2015 at 1:17 PM, acc said:

BD armory has a setting menu where you can set the joystick trigger as fire key. I posted a feature suggestion for multiple fire buttons in the BD armory thread

THANK YOU so very very much!

EDIT - just saw that 64-bit isn't supported. Nevermind then!

---

not sure if this is a known issue or just something I've done wrong, but when I try to bring up the dialogue box for AFBW I just get a an empty grey box. I think I can see the very bottom of a word (like 'configure' or some such) up in the top corner, but pressing it doesn't do anything.

Edited by BarryDennen12
I'm a dummy

On 1/9/2016 at 2:06 AM, Denco said:

Does anyone know how to set up sensitivity for the X360? Can we do it inside this wonderful mod? Or is it done trough the stock settings in controls?

You can configure sensitivity from the mod itself.

On 1/10/2016 at 8:24 PM, nlight said:

You can configure sensitivity from the mod itself.

That's strange because if I change the "incremental action sensitivity" and "Discrete action step" I'm not noticing much difference in sensitivity.

I have a Saitek x52 pro, and used this to get around the input lag problem,which it works very well for, but it seems to have broken Mechjeb 2. Anything where it takes control of your craft it simply doesn't work. Turning off my joystick (in the AFBW menu) doesn't seem to work either, as i first thought it was somehow overriding MJ, but that hasn't fixed it. 

I have actually recently been having a different problem, whenever I unplug the joystick, outside of the game, when I re-enter the game, all the settings are switched to "Not Found" and I have re-install the mod for all the settings to be set back to the settings before the unplug (why does it remember my settings if i re-installed it?)

When I use the trim rotaries they add a little to the trim as opposed to trim relative to their current position. Is this a bug or is there some setting I've missed? To further explain, if I turn the pitch trim rotary a hair past zero, it will constantly add trim until I return it to zero. The same works in the opposite direction.

Version 1.6.2 is up on KerbalStuff (and CKAN soon) and fixes the MechJeb issue. Thanks for reporting issues, I will get to everyone in time. Stay tuned.

That's strange because if I change the "incremental action sensitivity" and "Discrete action step" I'm not noticing much difference in sensitivity.

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. There is a setting called "Precision mode" which allows for configurable sensitivity. You can find it by clicking the "Mod settings" button on the main AFBW screen, then turn it on via the checkbox and configure the sensitivity you want using the slider. You also have to bind a button to toggle it via "Add button" from the AFBW preset editor. At the moment this only allows you to get lower sensitivity. As an addition to that you could try to switch to using "quadratic" curves from advanced settings in the controller config window.

Edited by nlight

• 2 weeks later...

There is definitely something screwy with the Wheel Steer axis. It seems to pick a random direction to turn the wheels in response to input every time a scene loads. This has resulted in more than a few rather spectacular explosions while attempting to take off from the runway.

I'm usually using the Adjustable Landing Gear wheels, but I think I've seen it with stock wheels too.

EDIT: Nvm, seems it may be a stock bug. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/89874-105-adjustable-landing-gear-v120-masscost-scaling-tech-nodes-drag-may-30/&do=findComment&comment=2343263

Edited by CovertJaguar

• 3 weeks later...

Are you able to use multiple controllers at once with this? I have a hotas setup and am planning on building a switch panel but it uses its own input controller. Will I have to add joysticks and throttles to my switch panel or can I use both inputs at the same time with this mod? Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why (as it works fine on my laptop with the same joystick) but on my desktop clicking the ABFW button on the toolbar causes an instant crash for me.

KSP 1.0.5

ABFW 1.6.2

Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick

Output log and config & gamedata tree (17MB ouput_log cannot be pasted...): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3sukdqpdcrsfom5/AABOsw-el-6KDMq1I7_xqScea?dl=0

I've attempted deleting the configuration file, removing and reinstalling the mod via ckan, copying the config file from the working version on my laptop to the desktop, and unplugging/plugging the joystick. So far no luck.

I should mention this is on Windows 10 x64 using the 32bit game.

Edited by Sidelia
Added system info

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DocMop said:

Have you installed all the files, including the ones that not go into the gamedata folder?

Yes, I copied the entire KSP root folder from my (working mod) laptop to my (not working mod) desktop. All other mods work on the desktop :/