[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

I just want to thank the Mod dev for creating this usefull mod..  Thank you.

I am looking forward to trying the mod and feel a smooth flight with a joystick instead of using the keybord..

I actual wonder why I did not think about looking for such a joystick mod the last 500+ houres.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post, I'm getting a similar error to a fellow earlier in the thread. I just got a beefy new gaming rig, reinstalled KSP and the most basic of mods (FAR, KAX, BDA, AFBW, all the best acronyms), and when I go to click AFBW it just poops me back out to the main screen. I've tried installing via CKAN to no avail, could it be some odd incompatibility with my new computer? The mod works on my old craptop, last I checked.

Excellent mod, thank you very much! Along with KER, this is one of my most essential mods. Do you have plans for updating to 1.1, either once Toolbar has been updated or using the stock app launcher? :)

Edited by Hactar

I've waited for 1.1 to play again hoping for joystick support, and find myself again in agony. My Saitek X-55 doesnt work. Worst thing is that KSP detects 2 joysticks now, but still maps everything to the same one, and the input lag persists. This mod is our only hope !

On 4/20/2016 at 5:41 AM, m1sz said:

I've waited for 1.1 to play again hoping for joystick support, and find myself again in agony. My Saitek X-55 doesnt work. Worst thing is that KSP detects 2 joysticks now, but still maps everything to the same one, and the input lag persists. This mod is our only hope !

Aye, I thought for sure this would have been addressed by now.

I just bought KSP when 1.1 launched. I was excited to create a space plane empire. Rockets bore me.

Turns out vanilla KSP really doesn't like my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 2. It slams all the axis to the extreme left or right, even when I'm not touching the stick.

This mod seems to *almost* fix it. But only when I'm applying input to the stick. When I apply any input to the stick it functions as expected. When I return to a neutral point, it slams all the axis to the extremes and I spin out of control.

Known bug? Am I missing something?

Edit: Hilariously, the axis acts normal when my mouse is over any AFBW menu in flight mode, even when my stick is neutral. When I mouse over the game space, it flips out. 

Edited by SharpEdge

I am using the Linux version, and the toolbar button doesn't appear at all. (On an otherwise stock install, the toolbar itself doesn't appear.  I assume it hides itself if there are no buttons.)

There's some stuff in KSP.log about TypeLoad exceptions.

SDL2 library information:

» locate libSDL2
/usr/lib64/libSDL2-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib64/libSDL2-2.0.so.0.2.1

Edited by Vegemeister
additonal information

2 minutes ago, Vegemeister said:

I am using the Linux version, and the toolbar button doesn't appear at all. (On an otherwise stock install, the toolbar itself doesn't appear.  I assume it hides itself if there are no buttons.)

There's some stuff in KSP.log about TypeLoad exceptions.

Did you install Blizzy's toolbar?

3 minutes ago, Torih said:

Did you install Blizzy's toolbar?

Yes.  I tried both the version included in the AFBW zip, and regular release version. Although unless I made a mistake with md5sum, they're exactly the same.

The problem is also present on my heavily modded CKAN installation, where I can be sure Blizzy's toolbar is working because other mods are using it.

Edited by Vegemeister

1 minute ago, Vegemeister said:

Yes.  I tried both the version included in the AFBW zip, and regular release version. Although unless I made a mistake with md5sum, they're exactly the same.

It also has the 2 dll files that go in the ksp root folder. 

Just now, Vegemeister said:

Linux version doesn't. No Xinput on Linux, and it uses the system SDL2.

Fair enough, my knowledge of linux is very limited.

No idea what else to try, sure someone else will chime in soon :)

I figure I'll ask and see if any Win 10 folks have tried this.  I know we had discussions before about issues between this application, Saitek, and Win 10.  I can try it later when I get home but I've got a busy day today so I may not be able to verify if the bugs pre-1.1 are gone now.

I've installed via CKAN, and both SDL2 and XInputInterface DLLs are installed by CKAN correctly in the root folder with the EXEs, but on both 32bit and 64bit KSPs I'm getting DLLNotFoundExceptions and the window for AFBW is empty.

I'm on Win10 x64, and have a Logitech Extreme 3D plugged in. Anyone know what's going on here?

Here's a portion of the log:

[EXC 10:31:22.977] ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.DoMainWindow (Int32 index)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 10:31:22.983] DllNotFoundException: SDL2.dll
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.InitializeSDL ()
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.SDLUpdateState ()
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.Update ()
[EXC 10:31:22.991] DllNotFoundException: XInputInterface
    XInputDotNetPure.GamePad.GetState (PlayerIndex playerIndex, GamePadDeadZone deadZone)
    XInputDotNetPure.GamePad.GetState (PlayerIndex playerIndex)
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.XInputController.EnumerateControllers ()
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.IController.EnumerateAllControllers ()
    KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.DoMainWindow (Int32 index)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 10:31:22.994] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Edited by NickPancakes
Wrong error name.

I can't set a key for the staging sequence. It doesn't matter which button I use, the mod throws an NRE if I press it:

[EXC 01:26:23.781] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Staging.ActivateNextStage ()
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.FlightManager.EvaluateDiscreteAction (KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.ControllerConfiguration controller, DiscreteAction action, .FlightCtrlState state)
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.ButtonPressedCallback (KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.IController controller, Int32 button, .FlightCtrlState state)
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.IController.Update (.FlightCtrlState state)
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.Update (.FlightCtrlState state)
	KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.FlightManager.OnFlyByWire (.FlightCtrlState state)
	Vessel.FeedInputFeed ()
	FlightInputHandler.FixedUpdate ()

Using Space for staging works though. Here's my config.xml: http://pastebin.com/cCMfRJxR

I'm using AFBW 1.7 beta (installed via CKAN) on KSP 1.1 x64 on Windows 10 with a HOTAS Warthog.

hi, after mistakenly using ckan's windows version of AFBW on linux, I installed the linux one but (in contrast to the windows one - in linux) the settings icon does not appear.

does the extracted (snipped) log help? Also I made sure to have libSDL2 installed.

Just out of curiosity: I need the 64bit variant of libSDL2 for KSP.x86_64- right? (that is: I do not need the lib32-libSDL2 one ?)

Spoiler

The class <GoEVADelayed>d__2 could not be loaded, used in ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
The class KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.EVAController could not be loaded, used in ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
The class <GoEVADelayed>d__2 could not be loaded, used in ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
The class KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.EVAController could not be loaded, used in ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Load(Assembly): ksp-advanced-flybywire/ksp-advanced-flybywire

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/<user>/games/ksp 1.1 A/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll

Non platform assembly: /home/<user>/games/ksp 1.1 A/GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ksp-advanced-flybywire': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.EVAController' from assembly 'ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GoEVADelayed>d__2' from assembly 'ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__45.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by birdspider
clarification