[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

Very small bug with this new release. When doing a manual save and typing L (excrements + l) causes the window to popup. Don't remember it doing this before. Guess it may be a stock bug also but thought I'd mention it :)

On 22/4/2016 at 8:19 PM, Vegemeister said:

I am using the Linux version, and the toolbar button doesn't appear at all. (On an otherwise stock install, the toolbar itself doesn't appear.  I assume it hides itself if there are no buttons.)

Same problem here with Debian testing and KSP.X86_64, watching at github repo i have noticed in build directory that the version file is updated to 1.7 but the .dll still at 1.6, idk if is that the problem.

20 hours ago, Badsector said:

Same problem here with Debian testing and KSP.X86_64, watching at github repo i have noticed in build directory that the version file is updated to 1.7 but the .dll still at 1.6, idk if is that the problem.

That was the ticket.  I rebuilt the DLL for 1.7 (uploaded here, sha256 hash a37d9676070a7429824c112163456320e4079376c2e5deb05335259d48a2a8c2).  It works now, mostly.  I'm having trouble getting the PoV hat to control the camera, and the throttle goes from 0-100% in the upper half of the throttle axis' physical travel.  But that's a damn sight better than bug #490, which is why I sought out this mod in the first place.

I must be a complete boob.  I have Win7, I have a thrustmaster 16k, can run the calibration via windows and it checks out.  I installed the mod, selected my controller, did the calibration, but I can't seem to control anything.

Does anyone have any pointers?

5 hours ago, Vegemeister said:

But that's a damn sight better than bug #490, which is why I sought out this mod in the first place.

Little trick, set your joystick with jstest-gtk or how you like, after in terminal

jscal /dev/js0 -p > joystick.sh
chmod +x ./joystick.sh

Copy joystick.sh in your ksp directory and add it at the startup script first to launch KSP.X86 ecc ecc

Example

#!/bin/sh

cd "`dirname "$(readlink -f "${0}")"`"
./joystick.sh
LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86_64 -single-instance
cd -

Guys, I'm really sorry I couldn't get around to finishing the patch this weekend. Bug fixes + working linux build incoming soon.

Edited by nlight

Hey, just tried this on 1.1 and was really exited to see all my controllers identified, given how much palava was required with out this mod. However a few seconds after bringing the menu up and/or pressing any buttons my game suddenly freezes. I have to force close it every time, any one else had this issue?

EDIT: Just tested with the toolbar .dll providided instead of a slightly older one, still the same issue :/

The KSP.log is spammed with these over and over, I noticed something about an axis binding scale in the second line? Might be whats causing the freezes.

[EXC 06:04:43.688] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull ()
[EXC 06:04:43.704] MissingFieldException: Field '.AxisBinding.scale' not found.

[EXC 06:04:43.704] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapCollapse_navBall' not found.

[EXC 06:04:43.707] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'XKCDColors' from assembly 'FlightDefPrecision'.

Edited by pingopete

On 4/24/2016 at 10:45 AM, ezfox said:

After the KSP update and afbw mod update, the config window is (nearly) empty:

afbw_bug.jpg

Any idea how to fix ?

Mods installed:

ksp_mods.jpg

greetz, ezfox

Found a fix for this problem, use the old preset editor. You can access it in the config file, set <bool name="useOldPresetEditor">1</bool> in the config.xml file.

Cheers!

On 07/10/2014 at 0:17 AM, white_coat_awesome said:

Clicking on the game controller button on the toolbar to launch the config window causes x86 vanilla KSP 0.25 to crash. Is the OP aware of this already? If not, I can send a bug report. And I just got the issues with the Saitek X55 straightened out too -_-

I posted some of the debug log for this same issue in 1.1 above :)

1 hour ago, Maxim721 said:

Found a fix for this problem, use the old preset editor. You can access it in the config file, set <bool name="useOldPresetEditor">1</bool> in the config.xml file.

Cheers!

From the OP: "3. Please note that XInputInterface.dll and SDL2.dll must be in the same folder as the KSP executable and not in GameData."

This fixed this issue for me

On 4/24/2016 at 1:45 AM, ezfox said:

After the KSP update and afbw mod update, the config window is (nearly) empty:

11 hours ago, ezfox said:

Changed config.xml but it didnt fix the problem for me.

Mentioned dlls are in KSP exec folder.

I'm having this issue as well, but only running 32-bit KSP. In 64-bit the config window shows normally. Unfortunately I'm using a steam controller and I have yet to figure out a way to run 64-bit KSP with the steam overlay (a separate issue) which is required to edit the steam controller settings. 

I'm having an issue on Linux x64 where the module fails to load; anyone else seen it/know how to fix it?  I get the following error message in KSP.log on launch:

Spoiler

[ERR 20:45:37.478] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ksp-advanced-flybywire': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.EVAController' from assembly 'ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GoEVADelayed>d__2' from assembly 'ksp-advanced-flybywire, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I'm using "AFBW-Linux 1.7-beta" installed via CKAN, libSDL2-2.0.so.0 is in /usr/lib/ (from distro), and I'm running KSP 1.1.2 (and I saw the same error in KSP 1.1.1).

arisian: you need to rebuild the dll for linux. It's actually pretty easy: install mono and make, grab the source, go to the directory, run "make KSPDIR=[wherever KSP is] GMCS=mcs install".

[edit], sorry, forgot: you need to tweak the makefile (in which case you won't need the GMCS=mcs):

index 96a9812..b8cd0c9 100644
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -40,7 +40,7 @@ DOC_FILES := \
        README.md

RESGEN2                := resgen2
-GMCS           := gmcs
+GMCS           := mcs
 GMCSFLAGS      := -optimize -unsafe -d:LINUX
 GIT                    := git
 TAR                    := tar
@@ -60,7 +60,9 @@ info:

ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll: ${AFBW_FILES}
        ${GMCS} ${GMCSFLAGS} -t:library -lib:${XIDIR},${TBGAMEDATA},${MANAGED} \
-               -r:Assembly-CSharp,Assembly-CSharp-firstpass,UnityEngine \
+               -r:Assembly-CSharp,Assembly-CSharp-firstpass \
+               -r:UnityEngine,UnityEngine.UI \
+               -r:KSPUtil \
                -r:Toolbar \
                -out:$@ $^

[edit 2] I have just sent a pull request for the above patch. In the meantime, you can pull from my github fork.

Edited by taniwha

11 hours ago, taniwha said:

arisian: you need to rebuild the dll for linux. It's actually pretty easy: install mono and make, grab the source, go to the directory, run "make KSPDIR=[wherever KSP is] GMCS=mcs install"

Thanks, that did the trick!  Maybe the OP should be updated with a note that the current CKAN build is broken?

Great mod and I love it but one MAJOR problem I've only just got (after using it fine) when I move the stick (especially roll) it tries to compensate when I let go, E.G. If I roll right, when I bring the stick back to normal it will try to roll left to stop the spin but this results is the plane rolling too much and a large crash! Please help me fix! Thank you in advance! :sticktongue:

There's a weird bug where AFBW invisibly turns on SAS any time a vessel switch happens. Toggling SAS "fixes" it, but this can be impossible if the vessel has no "pilots". I keep fighting too many other fires to look into it myself.

Looking for some guidance with setting up this mod. I've successfully mapped my joystick and everything works great, but now when I want to use my keyboard, any throttle inputs no longer work. All other controls work fine on both joystick and keyboard. Is there something I need to do? Thanks guys :) 

1 hour ago, MrMeeb said:

Looking for some guidance with setting up this mod. I've successfully mapped my joystick and everything works great, but now when I want to use my keyboard, any throttle inputs no longer work. All other controls work fine on both joystick and keyboard. Is there something I need to do? Thanks guys :) 

I just untick the stick in the AFBW UI, you may need to hit x before it will respond after the stick is disabled.