[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

23 hours ago, Hyperion101 said:

Tested on both 64bit and 32bit versions of the game. My AFBW config xml still doesn't list a single controller. How is it possible that it works for everyone else but not me?

yea, that's frustrating. I don't recall seeing what OS you're running. I'm on Windows10. Have you tried a Windows update to ensure you're on the latest OS?

Also, just going out on a limb but this is one of a very few mods that requires files outside the GameData folder. Do you have the SDL2 & XInputInterface DLLs in your main KSP folder?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 11:28 AM, Hyperion101 said:

Logitech doesn't offer to install the drivers and programming software separately anymore, but setups them both in one installer. Did you install the Logitech one (8.0.134.0), or the newest Saitek SST? (7.0.53.6)

Just removed the Logitech drivers, installed Saitek ones, kept the Logitech programming software, restarted, didn't work.
Removed Logitech programming software, installed good ol' Saitek SST, didn't work.
Reinstalled Logitech drivers while retaining the Saitek programming software, getting rid of the Logitech software and keeping only their DirectOutput drivers, didn't work.

Tested on both 64bit and 32bit versions of the game. My AFBW config xml still doesn't list a single controller. How is it possible that it works for everyone else but not me?

I cannot get this mod to run either. I have the same issue where certain aspects seem to show it communicating, like the updating directories. But like you, my cfg xml does not show my (rather old) Saitek ST220. It used to in 1.1 so I know it is theoretically possible. However my game is modded to hell so any problems I'm experiencing could simply be that. 

Running 1.3.1 with latest release + replaced DLL
:(

Interesting issue with using the X52's throttle with this mod, it only detects the upper half of the throttle movement, due to the throttle being read -1 -> 1, 0 on the throttle axis is 0 throttle.

Perhaps add a way to set the origin point for axis bindings?

Never mind, its fixed by calibrating it

Edited by viperfan7

I would still say adding the capability to set the zero point for inputs would be nice, this way you can do things like have 2 different flight modes eg. one mode throttle behaves normally, another mode behaves more inline for docking where 50% is zero

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Botlike said:

Hey there, at first THANK YOU for this mod!

Sadly, after I updated to 1.3.1. the mod doesn't work anymore... sort of... I have the modified .dll and the new toolbar, but when I open the AFBW window, it's just blank grey with a cut-off "Settings" text in the corner. I uploaded a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a69yvefj5luy9y8/afbw.png?dl=0

How do you open the menu? The keyboard shortcut doesn't work for me and I can't even see any in-game button for it. At least you can get there, mine doesn't change anything within the game...

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't seem to be. I've given up on it for my own purposes (I wrote my own as some quirks got to be too much). I haven't released mine yet as it is linux-only (need help with windows and mac support), and the UI is nearly non-existent.

On 27. 3. 2018 at 3:50 AM, taniwha said:

It doesn't seem to be. I've given up on it for my own purposes (I wrote my own as some quirks got to be too much). I haven't released mine yet as it is linux-only (need help with windows and mac support), and the UI is nearly non-existent.

I would love to hear more on that, especially when it gets released on Windows. Please keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...

Man, seeing this mod dead makes me really sad...I made a recompile for it back in 2016 for some version of ksp, but upon trying to do so for the current source, I just couldn't get it to build. I'm no coder sadly, so not much I can do :(

Hope someone with more skills than myself can come along and breathe some life into this mod!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 7:23 AM, Voidi said:

Did you just recompile it for 1.4?  I don't see any commit changes in the code

For those interested, I've been maintaining a version of this for myself for a while, but haven't released it, mainly because I didn't want to deal with the linux and mac support.

However, I'm going to be updating this to support the ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController, would there be interest in that version?

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you just recompile it for 1.4?  I don't see any commit changes in the code

For those interested, I've been maintaining a version of this for myself for a while, but haven't released it, mainly because I didn't want to deal with the linux and mac support.

However, I'm going to be updating this to support the ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController, would there be interest in that version?

Yes, it's nice to have button support for on-screen only functions. 

Note for me the radial in and radial out are transposed in functions. It might be a bug.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

sure, had a few click-thru problems in the past that would be nice to not deal with anymore

2 hours ago, Ericwi said:

Note for me the radial in and radial out are transposed in functions. It might be a bug.

Can you elaborate, please?  For example, what OS, and describe exactly what happens.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:15 AM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

can i call the master of mod revival?

Would have helped if you had pinged me