[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

Version 1.3 is out. Only the windows build is available at the moment, linux build will be published shortly.

Thanks to ddaf for all his contributions that made this possible, this update wouldn't have happened so soon without you. I am sure everyone will be very happy with the additions.

Here are the changes:

- EVA!

- "EVA Jetpack", "EVA Interact", "EVA Jump", "EVA Plant Flag", "EVA AutoRun" have been added

- Translation controls now work in EVA

- Camera rotation now works in Map mode and IVA mode

- Precision mode now works properly

EDIT:

Linux build is up

Edited by nlight

I cant make the mod work it says loading and that's all i seem to to everything right the folders in Gamedata and the the plugins in the root folder can.

the the gray tab just keeps saying loading

can anyone help?

thanks

Edited by SashaPrykhodko

I cant make the mod work it says loading and that's all i seem to to everything right the folders in Gamedata and the the plugins in the root folder can.

the the gray tab just keeps saying loading

can anyone help?

thanks

Hey, please follow the steps for bug reports in the main post so I can track down the issue :)

I think the problem is how i installed it, have the right versions, i put the ksp-advanced-flybywire and 000_Toolbar folders into gamedata. i am not shore what to do with the other things in the folder from which you get when you download the mod. Do the plugins go into GameData Folder and are other mods required ???

thanks

I think the problem is how i installed it, have the right versions, i put the ksp-advanced-flybywire and 000_Toolbar folders into gamedata. i am not shore what to do with the other things in the folder from which you get when you download the mod. Do the plugins go into GameData Folder and are other mods required ???

thanks

Hey, the ksp-advanced-flybywire and 000_Toolbar folders go in GameData, everything else goes in KSP's root (where KSP.exe is)

Hello!

I had an issue with your mod.

So i had a "joystick glitch" like GSVEMNw.jpg

Roll and piych are glitched badly.

So installed your mod and all seems to work OK

HpZzzeT.jpg

But when i pont mouse from bounds of your add-on dropbox that thing happens

JCA6VDs.jpg

The point is that i need some inormaiton dropboxes on screen from MechJeb and so on, but when i put my mouse cursor away from the bounds of dropbox everything goes wrong. Is there any option for your addon working in background mode, like thrust limitation and jet flameout in MechJebs Utilities? or what should i do to unbug my joystick?

Is there any option for your addon working in background mode, like thrust limitation and jet flameout in MechJebs Utilities? or what should i do to unbug my joystick?

Hey, it seems your joystick is not calibrated. Go to 'Configuration -> 'Calibrate'

So, any chance that this mod will become actual fly by wire? What I mean is, are there any plans to let us define our own control laws?

Im thinking defining alpha limiters, roll limiters, yaw limiters... stuff to make it stable.

would be pretty cool XD

So, any chance that this mod will become actual fly by wire? What I mean is, are there any plans to let us define our own control laws?

Im thinking defining alpha limiters, roll limiters, yaw limiters... stuff to make it stable.

Oh my, I fear this is way outside the scope of this mod. I am aware that the name is a bit awkward, I named it after KSP's Vessel.OnFlyByWire callback function, without really knowing what the term means at the time :)

I can only promise that if anyone makes such a mod I will work with them to integrate it with AFBW.

EDIT:

I think FAR's Flight Assistance settings do some of what you want and they already work very nicely with AFBW :)

Edited by nlight

Is there a way to lock axis inverts to a specific profile? I'm using a 360 pad and have the Y Axis on the left stick set to inverted for my aircraft profile. Problem is, when I then switch to my EVA Ground profile, 'forward' makes the Kerbal walk backwards because the axis is still inverted.

Is there a way to lock axis inverts to a specific profile? I'm using a 360 pad and have the Y Axis on the left stick set to inverted for my aircraft profile. Problem is, when I then switch to my EVA Ground profile, 'forward' makes the Kerbal walk backwards because the axis is still inverted.

That's a very valid observation. Axis inversion should be set on a per-binding basis instead of globally. I had the same thought fleetingly when developing the EVA controls. I've opened an Issue on this and will try to get it implemented for the next release. It does touch upon a lot of code, so no promises on when that will be.

Hey, guys. Just wanted to notify you that I have patched AFBW for 0.90 and am waiting for Blizzy to patch the Toolbar so I can release :)

Could I ask for a "Wheel Steer (Negative)" and "Wheel Throttle (Negative)"?

Sure!

Version 1.4.0 is out, here are the changes:

- Support for KSP 0.90

- Invert option is now per binding instead of per axis (thanks to ddaf!)

- New feature 'IVA Look Window' (again, thanks to ddaf)

- Fixed a rare NRE in the GUI

- KSP-AVC support for the Linux release

- Due to the config file changes, you will have to re- create your configuration

The CKAN install will be down for a while until the Toolbar mod gets updated, use the KerbalStuff release until then.

Edited by nlight

Version 1.4.0 is out, here are the changes:

- Support for KSP 0.90

- Invert option is now per binding instead of per axis (thanks to ddaf!)

- New feature 'IVA Look Window' (again, thanks to ddaf)

- Fixed a rare NRE in the GUI

- KSP-AVC support for the Linux release

- Due to the config file changes, you will have to re- create your configuration

The CKAN install will be down for a while until the Toolbar mod gets updated, use the KerbalStuff release until then.

Thanks for this. If I throw money into a flight stick, it's going to be because of this mod!

I'm a bit shocked this mod missed .90 integration, to be honest.

Xbox 360 :)

I use an x360 controller also and sadly this is a limitation of the controller itself (the triggers are wired as one axis). I may be able to work around this somehow, thanks for the idea, I'll look into it.