[1.1.2] FreeEVA 0.6.1

taniwha

whoops I forgot to quote myself in the Fusebox thread so you couldn't follow the conversation all the way back. Here is the issue. I know FreeEVA doesn't have a window, that was just a guess on the mod authors part. But whatever is going on happens as long as FreeEVA is in my GameData folder. Tested with only Squad, NASAMission, Toolbar, Fusebox and FreeEVA in GameData

Well... in you log file, there are too many problems to shake a stick at.

#1 problem: you have a duplicate Fusebox installed in GameData/FreeEVA. I suspect this is the main culprit of this particular issue (the window)

The others...

KOS is throwing exceptions all over the place.

Kethane is throwing an exception in its tutorial (I suspect this is a known issue, though).

LTScience is throwing exceptions left right and center.

PlanetShine is throwing.

ActiveTextureManagement, too.

Planet Factory is throwing a few exceptions.

HaystackContinued

Clouds (ie, EVE)

FinePrint (isn't that redundant now?)

RealChutes.

KJR

KerbalCam

and the list goes on. Really, I'm surprised anything works at all.

#1 problem: you have a duplicate Fusebox installed in GameData/FreeEVA. I suspect this is the main culprit of this particular issue (the window)

How in the bloody hell did that get in there? 0_o If I were putting in a new Fusebox folder I would drop it straight into GameData in the folder tree of Explorer not the folder window itself and possibly atop another folder. Weird. But that fixed that so good catch, thank you.

The others... Really, I'm surprised anything works at all.

Meh, everything throws exceptions all the time not a lot actually do anything to really effect the game. And I honestly haven't noticed anything. I check the debug window every now and then for a wall of red text. Because I rip out anything I don't need from part mods and agencies and contracts, it's easy for the game to not be able to find things its looking for :P The Fineprint was just referencing all the Squad contracts I deleted, for example, not the actual mod itself

this isn't working at all for me. I know you know my install is an exception-riddled mess so I stripped down to NASAMission, Toolbar, Squad and FreeEVA to make sure. I EVA the kerbal, click the toolbar button, get the message saying I should press Spacebar to re-orient the camera, and nothing happens when I press the spacebar. I went into the Input options and cleared out all spacebar keymappings, still no joy. I notice that when FreeEVA is enabled, my kerbal no longer re-orients when I pan the camera around and thrust, so the mod is grabbing hold of the camera but I can't make it do anything with it.

Tidy little 111kb output log

Gaiden. The Kerbal will only reorient himself if his back isn't facing the camera. Try evaing a kerbal. Releasing the ladder. Turning on RCS and then panning the camera so you are looking at the side of the kerbal. Then hit the space bar. This mod simply divorces the kerbal's movement from the camera orientation. It is essentially a toggle for the menu option concerning EVA but better because you can rotate the kerbal forward/back or side-to-side without the kerbal automatically changing back to straight up and down.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ZobrAA: It has nothing to do with the camera. It's all about the EVA Kerbal while flying (ie, using RCS). FreeEVA off: turn the camera, thrust in a direction, kerbal spins to face away from the camera. FreeEVA on: the kerbal does not spin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.