KSP Skill level poll

Kallisto

What was your final score in the quiz below?  

461 members have voted

1. 1. What was your final score in the quiz below?

• 0-2
    • 2-4
    • 4-6
    • 6-8
    • 8-10

I've been wondering for some time what the average level of skill is in the KSP community. When I was attempting a certain mission a few days ago and failed miserably, I started criticising myself for not being able to do what a bunch of other people apparently managed to do. However, then I asked myself:"Are there really that many skilled people around here?", and then I came up with this questionnaire. It is basically a series of questions regarding your achievements in KSP.

Rules:

1. Next to each question is how many points it's worth. These are mostly yes/no questions, with yes getting you the specified amount of points and no giving you nothing. However, a few of them are not yes/no questions, and they will have instructions on how many points you earn for each answer.

2. After you finish the questionnaire, divide your score by 20 and please answer the above poll(NOTE: if you have a score of 4, for example, you should put your poll answer as 2-4, not 4-6).

3. Also, it would be nice, but not necessary, if you posted the answers to these questions on this thread.

Here are the questions:

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points)

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points)

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points)

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all)

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points)

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points)

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod)

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1)

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

------------------------------------

NOTE: I am planning on remaking this quiz, however using suggestions from the community this time around. If you think that there is something representative of skill, please suggest on this thread, and if it is considered good by me and the community, it will probably be included in the next version of the test.

Edited by Kallisto

Um...Considering I've done most, if not all of that (The only bodies I have not returned from/landed on are Eve, Gilly and Tylo) and I play with all those difficulty enhancing mods my total score is well...a lot...

Final Score: 146/20 = 7.3.

Edit: I too missed the bit about dividing by 20, oh well...

Edited by Taki117

Interesting, I'd like to see the results from this. But your poll options don't match up with the scoring system, it's possible to have a much higher score than 10. I suggest you pm a mod with revised options so they can change it for you. Herpy derp, missed the divide by 20 part.

I'm 2 + 2 + 4 + 24 + 10 + 16 + 0 + 0 + 115 = 173. 173/20=8.65

Edit: I should add that despite my highish score I don't consider myself all that skilled at this game. Revert and quicksaving makes things much, much easier.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Interesting, I'd like to see the results from this. But your poll options don't match up with the scoring system, it's possible to have a much higher score than 10. I suggest you pm a mod with revised options so they can change it for you.

I'm 2 + 2 + 4 + 24 + 10 + 16 + 0 + 0 + 115 = 173. Will vote when a poll option exists for me.

while im not that far in stuff done, i agree.

Dude, I'm sorry if this sounds mean, but your scoring system is for begginners. I've have 64 points and don't even play that much.

I do wonder what Scott Manley has...

IMO, this might actually be too hard for the beginner. Take, for example, someone who just landed on the Mun and Minmus and orbited Kerbin. That isn't really a newbie, but on this poll they would be catastrophic.

Interesting, I'd like to see the results from this. But your poll options don't match up with the scoring system, it's possible to have a much higher score than 10. I suggest you pm a mod with revised options so they can change it for you.

I'm 2 + 2 + 4 + 24 + 10 + 16 + 0 + 0 + 115 = 173. Will vote when a poll option exists for me.

173/20 = 8.65(You divide by 20, not 10)

He said "divide your score by 20 and then answer the poll". The max points you can get is 200. 200/20 = 10.

-------------

Anyways, I scored 196/20 = 9.8

Does that meen I have 1337 skillz now?

Don't use difficulty or autopilot mods, just ones that give additional information. Have put a manned lander and returned from all bodies with the exception of Eve. So far I have only graced that one with a probe lander. Oh, and I haven't bothered to do anything with asteroids as I just don't see the point, but I did intercept and dock with a capsule coming back from Eeloo to refuel it, so pretty much the same as intercepting an asteroid. And I rarely use the quicksave button, as I forget it's there most of the time.

Think that probably puts my score up around 130 or 140 or so.

I scored 182 points, so 9.1 I haven't intercepted an asteroid, because I haven't been bothered to.

I have however built a 2Man Lander Can Eve Sea Level Ascent vehicle, so that alone should make up for the 18 points I came up short.

162 points is what I got, or 8.1 when divided by 20. As for answers:

Q1: Yes (2 pts)

Q2: yes (4 pts)

Q3: Yes (4 pts)

Q4: Yes, All (24 pts)

Q5: yes (10 pts)

Q6: Yes (16 pts)

OP1: I at least briefly played with TAC, RT2, and DR on at the same time (12 pts)

Q7: I've returned from everything but Eve (90 pts)

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

Moho should easily be considered as tough as Eeloo considering the similar delta-V expenditures overall, both should be 10 points.

Moho should easily be considered as tough as Eeloo considering the similar delta-V expenditures overall, both should be 10 points.

I agree here, I rate Moho as harder than Eeloo because its easy to mess up the burn a bit and have to spend 1-2km/s more to get into orbit.

He said "divide your score by 20 and then answer the poll". The max points you can get is 200. 200/20 = 10.

To be fair, OP did bring this upon himself, checking the rule to divide by 20 is similar to finding a nail in a haystack due to him not specifying them seperately. I'd suggest putting the rules outside the main first paragraph.

Anyway:

Q1: Yes(2pt) - 2pt total

Q2: Yes(4pt) - 6pt total

Q3: Yes(4pt) - 10pt total

Q4: Duna, Eve and Laythe(6pt) - 16pt total

Q5: Yes(10pt) - 26pt total

Q6: No(0pt) - 26pt total

OQ1: None(0pt) - 26pt total

OQ2: No(0pt) - 26pt total

Q7: None. The Duna crew never returned, and the Eve/Laythe expeditions were unmanned.(0pt) - 26pt total

26/20 = 1,3

Well then, I wouldn't expect someone who has managed to dock three times already to be on the lowest level. Oh well, it just reinforces my user title.

(2 + 4 + 4 + 24 + 10 + 16 + 12 + 1 + (2.5 + 2.5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 15 + 15)) / 20

=> 8.15

I wasn't sure how to apply optional Q2 to Q4, so I left that out.

Not sure about the point scales for the last question, I think a Moho return should be worth more than a Gily return, and that "lady dog" of a moon Tylo should be worth more too!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.