KSP Skill level poll

Kallisto

What was your final score in the quiz below?  

461 members have voted

1. 1. What was your final score in the quiz below?

• 0-2
    • 2-4
    • 4-6
    • 6-8
    • 8-10

2nd year Kerbal time. Using every dificulty enchancing mod there is:

- Ive explored Kerbin system through and through with manned / unmanned missions.

- Unmanned RT2 delay enabled sattelite network with 90% signal coverage (occasional eclipse here and there) @ Moho, Eve, Kerbin, Duna and Dres.

- Self-reliant Minmus refueling base with 4 Kerbals, semi-reliant science/refueling station in HKO with 10 Kerbals (20 years between resupplying).

Score: 36 / 20 = 1.8

Thats bad. I guess simply strapping an engine on my 100t+ space station and taking a jolly tour around Kerbol system will improve my skill level immensly ;)

Also, you should add a penalty for using Mechjeb. 8 out of 10 KSP videos on youtube feature MJ.

(2+4+4+(4*2)+10+16+4+0+Duna[2.5]+Ike[2.5]+Gilly[5]+Eve[30])/20=4.4

I'm assuming you mean "manned return missions" not just return missions.

I consider myself pretty good, but only get a 4.4? I guess it's because I've focused on doing a couple of things well instead of exploring all celestial bodies...

Where's the deliver a modular colony/base to orbit in a stock SSTO cargo plane category?

And the bonus points for not intake-spamming (which I define as placing any intake behind another part)

What about the stock Eve return mission that isn't-a-pancake bonus?

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points)

Yes- 2

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points)

Yes- 4

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points)

Yes- 4

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all)

6- 12

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points)

Yes- 10

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points)

Yes- 10

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod)

I had a directory going with TAC, RemoteTech, Deadly Reentry and FAR, but I haven't played on it extensively, so I won't count any of them here.

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1)

I use quickloads/saves extensively. 0

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

Duna- 2.5

Dres- 5

Laythe- 10

Vall- 10

Total points:69.5huehuehue

Score:3.47

Yep -> 2

Yep -> 4

Yep -> 4

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all)

Duna, Moho, Eve, Laythe -> 8

Aye -> 10

Multiple -> 16

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod)

TLS/DRE/FAR -> 12

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

Duna, Moho -> 7

-> 63 / 20 = 3, 15

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points) Yes.

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points) Yes.

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points) Yes.

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all) 9: Eve (OU), Gilly (RU), Duna (RM), Ike (RM), Dres (RM), Laythe (RM), Vall (RM), Bop (RM), Pol (RM). (Key: O- Oneway, R- Return, -U Unmanned, -M Manned)

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points) Yes.

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points) No.

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1) No, I use reverts and reloads.

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points) See above.

So, 93/20 = 4.65 points. Can't help but think that my 0.23.5 FourJade mission to the non-Tylo moons of Jool contributed rather heavily to that score.

Yes. 2 points.

Yes. 4 points. I think its easier to land and return from Minmus, so I recommend future polls adjusting the score here to 6 points.

Yes. 4 points.

Ike, Duna, Eve. So 6 points.

No. I have intercepted, but not achieved docking. Zero points.

No. Never even tried yet. Zero points.

Zero.

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1)

I'm so tired I can hardly comprehend this question. Zero.

Ike, Duna. 5 points.

So I arrive at a total of 21 points. Dividing this by 20 yields me 1.05 points.

------------------------------------

NOTE: I am planning on remaking this quiz, however using suggestions from the community this time around. If you think that there is something representative of skill, please suggest on this thread, and if it is considered good by me and the community, it will probably be included in the next version of the test.

I think other things to consider adding to the poll when dealing with the concept of skill levels are:

Have you ever completed Career Mode by unlocking the entire tech tree?

What has been your best total budget vs. any one mission cost ratio (lower mission cost being better than a higher one)? How about your average ratio of these elements?

Have you ever recovered all of your vessels & stages (except for solid propellant boosters) in a single mission?

What is the longest aircraft only flight you have successfully flown?

Have you ever built and flown a "self flying plane" which does not need any steering, throttling or other controlling, takes off from the runway and which has glided to bring a Kerbal safely down after running out of fuel?

Have you ever built a rover? What is the furthest you've driven it? On which objects have you landed a rover?

Have you ever built a rover/ boat. Etc.

I'm sure there are others; these are what came to mind to me since I can answer "yes" to all of these questions. Quantizing the yes results into points would probably be a logistics challenge.

Edited by Dispatcher

Can launch and orbit multi thousand part ships +100 points

Can't do it over 10 frames per second -100 points

Can land things on the Mun almost a kilometer tall +100 points

Haven't landed it on places other than the Kerbin or Duna systems -100 for laziness

Have come up with interesting and novel solutions to engineering issues +100 points

... need those novel solutions for problems I inflict on myself and probably nobody else ever sees -100 points

I break even. I call that a success! I'll take it!

Can launch and orbit multi thousand part ships +100 points

Can't do it over 10 frames per second -100 points

Can land things on the Mun almost a kilometer tall +100 points

Haven't landed it on places other than the Kerbin or Duna systems -100 for laziness

Have come up with interesting and novel solutions to engineering issues +100 points

... need those novel solutions for problems I inflict on myself and probably nobody else ever sees -100 points

I break even. I call that a success! I'll take it!

Had the privilege to create a challenge for Squad +100 points

Said challenge forced many participants to commit competitive suicide -100

Even more evenness!

1. yes (2)

2. yes (2)

3. yes (2)

4. All (24)

5. yes (10)

6. yes (16) In fact I have recovered several back to KSC. Even a D class. Bonus points?

7. TAC, Deadly Reentry, Remote Tech, FAR (16)

8. I play stock and modded, I have accomplished most of these on stock hard mode 0.25 (1.25)

9. I don't remember all of them (25)

98/20=4.9

Suggestions:

Maybe 1-2 extra points should be added for each successful landing (on one of the planets/moons) that took place with no way to quicksave/revert

One also could think of adding Kerbal Construction Time into the list of difficulty enhancing mods (perhaps also Antenna Range )

Edited by Godot

• 4 months later...

orbit - 2

mun - 4

minmus - 4

no other systems - 0

docked - 10

no asteroids yet, contraptions in the making - 0

I use difficutly reducing mods :P - 0

I quicksave - 0

no other systems, yet - 0

20/20=1.

I get a score of 1.

I've got vessels on the way to other systems, jool, duna and eve - but i dont time warp, too much.

I've spent far too much time on this game. I have done probably about 20 - 40 landings on mun and minmus with detachable stuff upto 80 tonnes,

If i was to subtract for mods like mechjeb, kethane, orbital science etc i use that make it easier (control, fuel, science etc) my score might be something like .5 lol

I did a seisemic test on teh mun with interstellar the other day and got waaaaaaaay nuff science. Shame i had to reload as it didnt tick the contract, but yea would have made it easier.

Colonized Laythe and Duna and explored the surfaces with various rovers: +10000 points

Created of the some of the toughest and deadliest stock warships in the kerbiverse to protect said colonies: +? points

Squad blew everything in space up with the last update (all my hidden struts detached): -10000 points

Developed all sorts of novel ways to kill kerbals (including an oven, a circus cannon and a rocked power guillotine that occasionally didn't bug out): +/- ? points

Lost interest in Eve before success: -100 points?

Career mode turms me into a raging maniac: -200 points.

Far too scared to start new projects until the after next update (that Laythe station broke my heart ;.;): -100 points.

Total: ? points, not sure everyone's play style is covered by the poll.

Yes, I've gotten into Kerbin orbit.

I have done precision landing on both the Mun and Minmus.

Duna and Eve are the only planets I've ever legitimately landed on, although I have never made a return before.

I have also done dozens of dockings.

Finally, I use reverts all the time, but not quicksaves.

In the end I got 2 points. Okay then.

3.05 GPA. ^^

Though I got a lot of bonus points for using a healthy handful of the mods you mentioned. I have never done return missions for any of the tougher targets out there - pretty much just Duna, actually. Anything else is a permanent, unmanned, sometimes disassembled installation.

2,225 but i'm new to the game, and i guess that if I didnt land on every planet it's because I never tried, never thought about making a mission to x planet, and not because of my skill level... For this reason I think that this poll does not reflect skill but experience :)

2,225 but i'm new to the game, and i guess that if I didnt land on every planet it's because I never tried, never thought about making a mission to x planet, and not because of my skill level... For this reason I think that this poll does not reflect skill but experience :)

2225 out of 10 is one hella score, all hail the Lord of Kerbal :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.