• Kerbin
    • Duna
    • Moho
    • Eeloo
    • Dres
    • Tylo
    • Laythe
    • Vall

Tylo is my favorite planet because it's such a challenge to land on. I enjoy challenges, and for my YouTube channel I actually built a base on the surface of Tylo! I've also made an SSTO that can go to Tylo and back, but it uses a detachable lander for the actual descent to the surface.

I'm surprised nobody else chose Tylo yet! It's even more lonely than Dres, it seems! It's also fun driving rovers around on Tylo because of its high gravity.

If I'm honest, though, I really do like Duna because of its atmosphere and perfect amount of gravity. I mean, its gravity is just right so that you can still do more awesome rover jumps than on Kerbin, and yet you are able to fly a Kerbal around with his jet pack! It's the perfect combination.

EDIT: You missed a couple moons on the poll! Minmus, Mun, Gilly, Ike, Pol, and Bop!

Edited by Andrew Hansen

The first time I landed on Laythe, I fell in love with the planet. There's something incredible about that place that is hard to put into words. The sight of Jool hanging overhead, the blue waters and clear skies. The journey to get there with multiple aero-captures. The journey there being long and difficult makes the reward of seeing the shores on Laythe all the more satisfying.

This poll makes me wish Dres had an atmosphere. I want to love that planet, but she doesn't love me back. I voted for Kerbin, though. I've been working on a lot of Kethane and Karbonite drilling rigs and helicopter transports, and some of Kerbin's scenery puts every other celestial body to shame. Now that I think about it, it's too bad at least some of the other planets and moons aren't more diverse.

It is a visual representation of the planets' "gravity wells". Renegrade's graph is based on this

That's right. That's one of my favorite xkcd strips, along with Up Goer Five, The Little Prince's asteroid what-if, and a couple of others.

If anybody would like coordinates to draw a better version, I'd happily publish the raw data I used. I'm NOT an artist.

I would say Kerbin is my favourite planet as it's home to my

Beloved Kerbals and without it no other planets would be visited.

Having said that Eve with clouds is a magical place to visit and always gives

me goose bumps when I break through the thick cloud layer.

that's a very similar reason why I voted for it. I think it's the most pretty

• 2 weeks later...

I personally voted for Duna, because it was the first interplanetary mission I did in KSP. The awe I felt when I finally landed cannot compare to anything else, even though some other planets and moons may be more striking visually...

Mun for sure. I love those flybys with kerbin in the background and the sun behind it... jools moons are awesome too, but nothing beats the classics. The terrain looks so wide and makes me feel small. Always worth a short trip. And it makes even cooler screnshots with astronomers pack :D

Im with Eve as well, dunno why. Maybe because i got stuck going there, for my first journey out of Kerbin's SOI (i picked one of the hardest bodies to land and get back, and basically my 3rd landing on a body after Mun and Minmus).

I didnt had a clue about Eve's gravity back then, and without any mod to show TWR and stuff, i got stuck again, with a rescue team. And of course got stuck a 3rd time, with another rescue team going there to save the first rescue team :sticktongue:

If i remember correctly, i sent a 4th team there, with some modded cfg parts craft, so i could store all the stranded kerbals, and get enough thrust to get them all back home.

The second time i went to Eve, was when we had the docking update. So it was a bit easier, as the IP craft was waiting in orbit, and the crazy lander design almost got out of fuel before reaching orbit. (I think i had a few mods that time).

Anyway yeah, maybe thats why its my favorite planet. Haven't got to land a crew craft there again after all this time, so i kinda miss her.

Edited by Thourion

Eve. It looks like a small gas giant from space and visibility on the surface is several hundreds meters at most (gotta admit I've got EVE + astronomer pack installed). Besides the visual aspect, the high gravity and dense atmosphere provides a lot of challenges (with and without FAR and/or DRE)

I'm voting for Pol because it isn't on the list! (actually neither is Bop, Gilly or Ike!. . . )

Pol is actually on of my faves, I think its looks quite pretty and its nice low gravity facilitating easy landings and lift offs makes it an excellent base from which to explore the rest of the Jool system. I'm also recently developing a fondness for Moho, despite the DeltaV sucking hideousness of getting there.

I'm voting for Pol because it isn't on the list! (actually neither is Bop, Gilly or Ike!. . . )

Pol is actually on of my faves, I think its looks quite pretty and its nice low gravity facilitating easy landings and lift offs makes it an excellent base from which to explore the rest of the Jool system. I'm also recently developing a fondness for Moho, despite the DeltaV sucking hideousness of getting there.

yes im annoyed i cant fit all the moons and planets on the poll. any idea how i could fit them all on?

I love how Laythe is second in the polls (currently) even though it's not even a planet....

Mine used to be Duna, and i still like it alot, but now that I've installed Better Atmospheres, Jool looks so much cooler and has roids in orbit, which is really fun, so it's my new favourite!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.