Devnote Tuesdays: The Calm Before the Storm Edition

SQUAD

Coming in .26 me thinks matey.

I kinda got the impression the Learstar A1 "shuttle" craft file being included that HarvesteR mentioned was a nod at the MK3 parts, as those are KSP's "shuttle" parts. I may be wrong, though.

I think lit cockpits visible from the exterior is super cool. Even if the design kids forget exterior lights, manned capsules will be easier to see at night.

It is a nice polish, but I'd be really surprised (read: impressed) if Squad didn't just do this for the SP+ parts and the other windowed parts are left unlit.

Coming in .26 me thinks matey.
Correct. Max confirmed that the MK3 parts didn't perform as well as hoped and would instead be seen in 0.26.

Ok Cool, as long as they haven't been scrapped all together. thanks for the info.

\\\ Adminisplosion ///?

Edited by Capt Snuggler

It is a nice polish, but I'd be really surprised (read: impressed) if Squad didn't just do this for the SP+ parts and the other windowed parts are left unlit.

Why would the go to all the trouble of writing the module to support it and not use it but on 3 parts? I think you will be surprised. I'm betting at least the Mk1 will have them, but maybe the command pods too. I kinda doubt they would bother with the Mk3 prior to 0.26 though. Hopefully the science bay and hitchhiker will also get it, and even more important, the module is easily used in mods.

Edited by Alshain

I'm not suggesting they'd build a module to support just 3 parts, I'm suggesting they're part features that came with the mod that porkjet already built:

IhxyyO2.png

As pretty as it is, I just don't see such a minor art-pass on all parts with windows to add similar polish right now. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Why would the go to all the trouble of writing the module to support it and not use it but on 3 parts? I think you will be surprised. I'm betting at least the Mk1 will have them, but maybe the command pods too. I kinda doubt they would bother with the Mk3 prior to 0.26 though. Hopefully the science bay and hitchhiker will also get it, and even more important, the module is easily used in mods.

Light up command pods in mods just use an existing animation module, nothing special or extra needed beyond making the emissive texture, a simple animation curve and the correct module to the config. The placeable lights already use this (otherwise you'd get light but the part itself would look turned off), and the engine heating effect is similar.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.