I can't seem to take a screenshot.

My Screenshot key is bound. My install didn't have a screenshot folder and adding one (titled Screenshots, in the main directory) didn't help. I'm out of ideas at this point, I'm relying on you guys.

Edit: I'm on 32 bit.

Here's my modlist:

Toolbar

Active Texture management

Bahamuto SP

Ambient Light Adjustment

Chatterer

Community Resource Pack

Deatly Reentry

Distant Object Enhancement

Dmagic Orbital Science

Editor Extensions

Kerbal Engineer

Enhanced Navball

FAR

Fine Print

Firespitter

Fusebox

KAS

KAX

Engineering Tech Tree

Kerbal Construction Time

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Interstellar

Interstellar ORSX Patch

Infernal Robotics

MechJeb2

Near Future Solar

ORS

ORSX

Part Catalog

Part Highlighter

Precise Node

Proc wings

Proc Fairings

RealChute

RemoteTech2

Scansat

SelectRoot

Mk2 Cocpit IVA

Spaceplane+

Station Science

Texture Replacer

TAC LS

TAC Fuel Balancer

TreeLoader

Karbonite

USI Colonization

Module Manager 2.3.5

Edited by Ruska

I am having the same issue...Win32 current version of KSP.

I thought it was a problem with the Screenshots folder itself, so I deleted it and let KSP rebuild it on startup. It was still giving me issues.

What's weird is that I can take screenshots from the opening menu screen, from the KSC view, from inside the Tracking Center or VAB or any of the other buildings. I can even switch to any of my active flights (all ~15part commsats) and take screenshots with no problem.

The problem happens when I load my 489-part space station and launcher. While in the VAB I can still take screenshots, but once I click Launch and get it on the launchpad I can no longer take screenshots. All the other keys work...I can turn off the UI with F2 and quicksave with F5. It's only screenshots that aren't working.

When I check the Debug window it shows my screenshot attempts, but I get a "Failed to take screen shot" error.

I thought maybe it was a launchpad thing, so I built a small ~10 part rocket in the VAB and launched it. Screenshots worked fine on the launchpad, so it's only very large part vessels that are causing the issue.

KSP.exe never goes above 1.7GB of RAM usage, and I have 4GB installed (obviously only 3GB in use since it's Win32) and my total RAM usage never goes above 60-70%. I have a bunch of active flights (34) and this problem...as well as the constant crashing issue I posted about previously...seems to have started up when my total flights jumped from ~20 to over 30. Very much a pain in the butt.

In the meantime I might try Bolt-On Screenshot System. I have extra RAM to play with, and hopefully this will work better than the built-in screenshot utility for those large part# ships.

Using BOSS doesn't help. The BOSS control panel shows "5 screenshots taken" but no files appear in it's folder...and the debug window still shows "[Error]: Failed to capture screen shot". I can only assume that BOSS uses KSP's built-in screenshot systems as a foundation, and since that doesn't work then neither will BOSS.

Sad Panda....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.