[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for these mods. They're small, unobtrusive, do exactly what they should do and nothing more, and have probably managed to cumulatively save me several hours of time, just by shaving off a few seconds on performing basic, often repeated actions.

• 1 month later...

Hello, in the waiting of the new KSP update, I've took the time to do something I look for months: a stockalike deltaV and KWR readout. It's based on the VesselSimulator from Kerbal Engineer Redux. I've also done the deltaV/KWR readout in flight but I haven't understand how to instance a clone of the Engineer's Report in flight at this moment it's only a simple window with a bad icon. Perhaps with KSP 1.1 it would be easier to use the GenericAppFrame functions (if someone know how to use it, I'm open to learn ;)).

If you want to try it, I've released a beta version for KSP 1.0.5 : https://github.com/malahx/QuickEngineer/releases

Edit: as all of my others quick's mods it's in GPL v3 ;)

Edited by Malah

6 hours ago, Malah said:

Hello, in the waiting of the new KSP update, I've took the time to do something I look for months: a stockalike deltaV and KWR readout. It's based on the VesselSimulator from Kerbal Engineer Redux. I've also done the deltaV/KWR readout in flight but I haven't understand how to instance a clone of the Engineer's Report in flight at this moment it's only a simple window with a bad icon. Perhaps with KSP 1.1 it would be easier to use the GenericAppFrame functions (if someone know how to use it, I'm open to learn ;)).

If you want to try it, I've released a beta version for KSP 1.0.5 : https://github.com/malahx/QuickEngineer/releases

Edit: as all of my others quick's mods it's in GPL v3 ;)

That is so cool I want to post it on Reddit as proof that dV readings are in 1.1. But I'm not a troll :D

Plead for continuation of your QuickScroll mod, restoring how it works in 1.0.5 (page turning by button/scrolling) instead of the horribly tedious ksp 1.1 way (continuous list with each scroll revealing not even a new 3 part row...).

Especially for overcrowded (by mods) categories the new way is an extremely annoying disimprovement even over the 1.0.5 stock way without ability to use the mousewheel.

Edited by Yemo

Hello, I've updated QuickSearch, QuickStart and QuickBrake to the pre-release. I will only upload them on github as pre-releases versions. I've deleted some functions of QuickStart (goto Editor/Flight/Tracking stations as they are mods breaker without the loading of the SpaceCenter). I've deleted all GUI/Toolbars support of QuickBrake. I've planned to update soon QuickMute, QuickContracts, QuickScroll and after QuickGoTo. I don't know when I will update QuickIVA, QuickRevert, QuickExit and QuickHide.

QuickSearch

Download:
Github

Changelog - v2.00-pre1 - 2016.03.30

• New: Deleted parts search functions from the editor,

• New: Deleted category functions from the editor,

• New: Deleted the tiny version of QuickSearch,

• Fix: Compiled against KSP 1.1.0.1172

QuickStart

Download:
Github

Changelog - v1.14-pre1 - 2016.03.30

• New: Deleted the start to VAB/SPH/TS/LastVessel,

• Compiled against KSP 1.1.0.1172

QuickBrake

Download:
Github

Changelog - v1.11-pre1 - 2016.03.30

• New: Deleted all GUI and support of Blizzy/Stock toolbars,

8 hours ago, Yemo said:

Plead for continuation of your QuickScroll mod, restoring how it works in 1.0.5 (page turning by button/scrolling) instead of the horribly tedious ksp 1.1 way (continuous list with each scroll revealing not even a new 3 part row...).

Especially for overcrowded (by mods) categories the new way is an extremely annoying disimprovement even over the 1.0.5 stock way without ability to use the mousewheel.

I haven't really tried it, but to keep the keys shortcuts, I've planned to keep QuickScroll alive. I will look if I can do something to the scrolling but I can't promise anything.

What is the future of QuickScroll in KSP 1.1+? It had become one of a small set of mods that I could not do without, and while 1.1 has tried to add scrolling they've not done it as well as QuickScroll did! 
I noticed you've said:

On 01/10/2014 at 4:25 PM, Malah said:

(planned delete of old features for KSP 1.1)

Not quite sure what that means, but I just want to say I really hope you carry on with QS and bring back the same page-by-page switching that we used to have and also (really important) the ctrl+scroll to switch category.
Anyway, just want to voice my support for this tiny, but awesome mod! 

Hello, I've updated QuickContracts and QuickMute.

QuickContracts

Download:
Github

Changelog - v1.04-pre1 - 2016.03.30

• New: Deleted all GUI,

• New: All contract declined on the MissionControl will count to the message send at the close of MissionControl,

QuickMute

Download:
Github

Changelog - v1.07-pre1 - 2016.03.31

• Fix: Deleted all functions which use the GameSettings (again),

• Fix: Deleted functions which save AudioSource sound level (again),

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

What is the future of QuickScroll in KSP 1.1+? It had become one of a small set of mods that I could not do without, and while 1.1 has tried to add scrolling they've not done it as well as QuickScroll did! 
I noticed you've said:

Not quite sure what that means, but I just want to say I really hope you carry on with QS and bring back the same page-by-page switching that we used to have and also (really important) the ctrl+scroll to switch category.
Anyway, just want to voice my support for this tiny, but awesome mod! 

At this time, I try to keep QuickScroll to what it was, but I haven't found how to interact with the new stock categories/filter list (KSP.UI.UIList) to disable the stock scrolling and to set the scroll list where I want. And I don't know if I can do something with the new part list, I'm trying what I can do but I'm quite pessimistic.

8 minutes ago, Malah said:

At this time, I try to keep QuickScroll to what it was, but I haven't found how to interact with the new stock categories/filter list (KSP.UI.UIList) to disable the stock scrolling and to set the scroll list where I want. And I don't know if I can do something with the new part list, I'm trying what I can do but I'm quite pessimistic.

well, we're rooting for ya (if that helps!). maybe this is something to ask the devs to make as an option in the core game? have an option to have the new long list or the old system of pages and then QS could set that and then take over? I don't really know about the underlying mechanics, just thinking out-loud really.  Anyway, good luck! 

Hello, I've updated QuickScroll, I've keep the new stock part scrolling, but I've extended it to be as a "page" scrolling, it's not as good as the old QuickScroll, but I think it's better than the new stock part scrolling. At this time I found a bug and I don't know how I can correct it: if you use the part search with an empty string and loose the focus on the search field, it will lock the scrollbar (there's too many private variable on EditorPartList). Some others features have also been deleted because I haven't found an equivalent on the new API.

QuickScroll

Download:

Github

Changelog - v2.0.0-pre1 - 2016.04.01

• New: Added a parts "page" scrolling,
  • New: Deleted support of the keyboard shortcut for parts page scrolling,
  • New: Deleted all optional versions of QuickScroll,
  • New: Deleted PartListTooltipsTWEAK (the auto hide of the tooltips),
  • New: Deleted the autofocus on the good category with huge filters (it will use the stock scrolling),
  • Compiled against KSP 1.1.0.1174
Edited by Malah

9 hours ago, Malah said:

I've keep the new stock part scrolling, but I've extended it to be as a "page" scrolling

I'm not quite sure what this means, would anyone be able to post a screenshot?

many thanks for the update, 

36 minutes ago, rough93 said:

I'm not quite sure what this means, would anyone be able to post a screenshot?

many thanks for the update, 

BMrxAhE.png

On the example, I'm page 2, one scroll up, I go to page 1, one scroll down and I go to page 3 ;)

On 3/30/2016 at 7:56 PM, Malah said:

Changelog - v1.14-pre1 - 2016.03.30

• New: Deleted the start to VAB/SPH/TS/LastVessel

Can I suggest that rather than deleting these, you go to the main screen, wait for a short delay, then go to the selected building?  I often walk away (or tab out) while KSP loads, so a little extra time at startup to bring up both scenes isn't the end of the world.  I really liked the ability to jump to the VAB on startup, since I often have to kill / reload KSP repeatedly when welding parts!

For what it's worth, I run a lot of mods, and the only one I've really encountered a problem with using this feature is Contracts+ (and the issue is just cosmetic - all it does is put two icons for itself on the toolbar).

Edited by Fwiffo

6 hours ago, bananashavings said:

You should definitely try to get this indexed on SpaceDock, would be super helpful.

? All my mods are on SpaceDock, I only don't indexed pre-release and beta mods ;) 

Without pre-release or beta index on SpaceDock, I will not update them on it.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:12 AM, Fwiffo said:

Can I suggest that rather than deleting these, you go to the main screen, wait for a short delay, then go to the selected building?  I often walk away (or tab out) while KSP loads, so a little extra time at startup to bring up both scenes isn't the end of the world.  I really liked the ability to jump to the VAB on startup, since I often have to kill / reload KSP repeatedly when welding parts!

For what it's worth, I run a lot of mods, and the only one I've really encountered a problem with using this feature is Contracts+ (and the issue is just cosmetic - all it does is put two icons for itself on the toolbar).

Sorry, but I've done this on my 1.0.5 version of QuickStart but it doesn't work as nice as I want (it's why I've never release a 1.0.5 version of it). The logs display many errors on contracts. I haven't tried to work on it with KSP 1.1, perhaps later.

16 hours ago, Malah said:

Sorry, but I've done this on my 1.0.5 version of QuickStart but it doesn't work as nice as I want (it's why I've never release a 1.0.5 version of it). The logs display many errors on contracts. I haven't tried to work on it with KSP 1.1, perhaps later.

Ah, darnit, well, thanks for trying.  Might be nice if there were an override available via CFG or something to restore the removed behaviors for those of us who live on the edge.  (I really do like the goto-VAB feature when I'm playing with part customization).

Edited by Fwiffo

• 2 weeks later...

Question: for the quickengineer: do i have to have KER installed or press a special button to get it working? 

I only get to see the engineer bar, but no deltav readouts...

1 hour ago, MK3424 said:

Question: for the quickengineer: do i have to have KER installed or press a special button to get it working? 

I only get to see the engineer bar, but no deltav readouts...

Hello, no you don't need KER to use QuickEngineer, as VOID, I've integrated the VesselSimulator of KER. If you have no readouts, perhaps it is a bug, can you send me logs to see if something goes wrong. I haven't update QuickEngineer for KSP 1.1, I've begun the work to port it, but I've planned to completely rewrite the on flight readouts to be better integrated to the stock vessel panel. But at this time, I haven't found how to use it.

59 minutes ago, Malah said:

Hello, no you don't need KER to use QuickEngineer, as VOID, I've integrated the VesselSimulator of KER. If you have no readouts, perhaps it is a bug, can you send me logs to see if something goes wrong. I haven't update QuickEngineer for KSP 1.1, I've begun the work to port it, but I've planned to completely rewrite the on flight readouts to be better integrated to the stock vessel panel. But at this time, I haven't found how to use it.

Oh okay.. yeah i was indeed using it on 1.1.. i thought it was a 1.1 release...

based on the screenshots, It looks already good enough for me in the game .

Edited by MK3424

• 2 weeks later...
On 28-3-2016 at 9:02 PM, Malah said:

Edit: as all of my others quick's mods it's in GPL v3 :wink:

Any news about this great little mod?

5 hours ago, MK3424 said:

Any news about this great little mod?

Soon :wink:

30 minutes ago, curiousepic said:

It looks like CKAN is still looking for QuickStart on KerbalStuff.  Could someone update it to look at Github? (or explain how I could do it myself?)

Thanks, I've corrected it on the NetKAN, it will be on CKAN soon :wink: