[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

On 3/30/2016 at 7:56 PM, Malah said:
  • New: Deleted parts search functions from the editor,

• New: Deleted category functions from the editor,

• New: Deleted the tiny version of QuickSearch,

The stock search function isn't that good, would you consider adding the search functions back into the editor?

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The stock search function isn't that good, would you consider adding the search functions back into the editor?

Hello, I think I can do this :wink:

On 5/1/2016 at 10:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmm I expected as much.  Don't get me wrong - BIG kudos to Squad for incorporating native search.  But why do software publishing houses never quite get it "right" when they try to emulate a feature put together by a single talented & dedicated programmer?  I see this all the time in the Software industry.  Personally I don't terribly mind the Squad search feature but I did notice it's a bit slower than Malah's, and I miss the ability to combine searches with AND, OR, etc.

Thanks for all your hard work @Malah, and btw looking forward to the QuickGoto update.

On 5/1/2016 at 10:25 AM, Malah said:

Hello, I think I can do this :wink:

Any ETA, this is really hurting :-)

Also, when you finally get it going, it might make sense to simply capture the input field which Squad is using.

Actually, thinking about it, you might have that as an option, so that people could compare the Squad search vs your search.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Any ETA, this is really hurting :-)

Also, when you finally get it going, it might make sense to simply capture the input field which Squad is using.

Actually, thinking about it, you might have that as an option, so that people could compare the Squad search vs your search.

It will be for this week, perhaps tomorrow or sunday :wink:

For QuickGoTo, as all my others mods, it's "soon".

Hello, I've updated QuickSearch, now, it extend the stock part search on the editor, I've planned other update to again enhanced it but it will not be soon :wink:

QuickSearch

Download:

SpaceDock
Github

Changelog - v3.00 - 2016.05.09

• New: Added some new search parameter,
  • New: Enhanced the editor search,
  • New: Added a GUI to edit the config (with the support of Stock and Blizzy Toolbar),
  • Fix: Compiled against KSP 1.1.2.1260

What is the search extension?

By default, the search extension is enabled, and with it you can:

• search with regex /ab/,
  • make a AND a&b,
  • make a OR a|b,
  • make a NOT !a,
  • search a word begin (ab or "ab,
  • search a word end ab) or ab",
  • search a word (ab) or "ab",
  • search only the tag %ab,
  • search only the name ;ab,
  • search only the title :ab,
  • search only the description -ab,
  • search only the author ,ab,
  • search only the manufacturer ?ab,
  • search only the part size .ab,
  • search only the resources +ab,
  • search only the tech required @ab,
  • search only the module _ab.

a and b are the search example, all the shortcut can be edited on the config file. At this time, you can only cumulate AND, OR, NOT, words begin/end/full, but not with others shortcut.

@Malah Hello sir. After installing this mod I could no longer adjust the camera in either the VAB or SPH. Removing it did resolve. I'll investigate this evening and see if I can find an incompatibility with one of my other mods. Just wanted to give you a heads up. 

1 hour ago, MulDoom said:

@Malah Hello sir. After installing this mod I could no longer adjust the camera in either the VAB or SPH. Removing it did resolve. I'll investigate this evening and see if I can find an incompatibility with one of my other mods. Just wanted to give you a heads up. 

yeah im getting the same modded install will update later with logs and modlist if needed

2 hours ago, MulDoom said:

1 minute ago, BrutalRIP said:

yeah im getting the same modded install will update later with logs and modlist if needed

Hello, I know what's wrong, I work on it, thanks :wink:

Edited by Malah

Hi Malah,

I love your Quick mods, and I'm looking forward in the future to have QuickHide updated.  Would it be possible to have the staging icons hidden as well as an option in QuickHide?

Peace.

Just wondering are you not planning on updating quickhide? I wasn't sure from the op if you mean it wont be coming to 1.1.2 at all.

With a lot of mods adding entirely pointless icons and refusing to add blizzy support quickhide has been great :)  

On 10/05/2016 at 3:26 AM, theJesuit said:

Hi Malah,

I love your Quick mods, and I'm looking forward in the future to have QuickHide updated.  Would it be possible to have the staging icons hidden as well as an option in QuickHide?

Peace.

7 hours ago, Torih said:

Just wondering are you not planning on updating quickhide? I wasn't sure from the op if you mean it wont be coming to 1.1.2 at all.

With a lot of mods adding entirely pointless icons and refusing to add blizzy support quickhide has been great :)  

Hello, I've made a beta update which is not complete, I haven't made many test on it. You can't access the config window (if you want to config it, you can go to the config file). For the staging icons, I will added it on a next update, but not soon ...

QuickGoTo, QuickEngineer, QuickScroll, QuickExit and QuickRevert aren't dead, but the time is against me :wink:

QuickHide

Download:

Github

Changelog - v3.04 - 2016.05.12

• Fix: Disabled some features,
  • Compiled against KSP 1.1.2.1260

38 minutes ago, Malah said:

For the staging icons, I will added it on a next update, but not soon ...

Still so very excited though! Thanks for putting it into the pipeline.

Peace.

Great that you are still doing it, and thanks for the quick compile.

I've grabbed the early version and had a look at the config. Can you give me a hint what needs to go on the line to enable that icon :) Don't have 1.0.5 anymore so cant check what used to be in. 

Thanks.

Edit: nevermind sorted it :)

Edited by Torih

Hi, first of all, thanks for the amazing work with your mods, I use several of them.

The quickstart mod somehow disables the infernal robotics icon in editor view, just posting in case other person runs into the same problem.

Loading the usual way the mod works, loading using quickstart doesn't.

Some mods apparently need to load the ksp main menu in the usual way to work, I have seen this before, maybe you can do nothing in your end to solve this.

If someone can use the infernal robotics editor in SPH/VAB after load a game with quickstart please let me know it so I can see whats wrong with my install.

Using 1.1.2 64 bits. windows 8.1

Edited by Urgante

1 hour ago, Urgante said:

Hi, first of all, thanks for the amazing work with your mods, I use several of them.

The quickstart mod somehow disables the infernal robotics icon in editor view, just posting in case other person runs into the same problem.

Loading the usual way the mod works, loading using quickstart doesn't.

Some mods apparently need to load the ksp main menu in the usual way to work, I have seen this before, maybe you can do nothing in your end to solve this.

If someone can use the infernal robotics editor in SPH/VAB after load a game with quickstart please let me know it so I can see whats wrong with my install.

Using 1.1.2 64 bits. windows 8.1

Hello, I've an idea how to correct this. I will make some test on it. Thanks for the report :wink:

On 5/16/2016 at 0:19 PM, Malah said:

Hello, I've an idea how to correct this. I will make some test on it. Thanks for the report :wink:

Also just noticed this issue using Quick Hide, where it hid the icon for @Agathorn's Test Flight.  Already mentioned it to him and he is looking at it. 

Edit: All other mods are working fine.  Also TF does show up in the Quick Hide settings, but nothing seems to get it to show up on toolbar.

f0ea171e25.jpg

Edited by BevoLJ

1 hour ago, BevoLJ said:

Also just noticed this issue using Quick Hide, where it hid the icon for @Agathorn's Test Flight.  Already mentioned it to him and he is looking at it. 

Edit: All other mods are working fine.  Also TF does show up in the Quick Hide settings, but nothing seems to get it to show up on toolbar.

Hello, you experienced this issue with the autohide or with the hide mods button ? Perhaps, the logs can help, but I think I can do nothing for this issue, sorry.

1 minute ago, Malah said:

Hello, you experienced this issue with the autohide or with the hide mods button ? Perhaps, the logs can help, but I think I can do nothing for this issue, sorry.

Well I don't see what I can do from my side.  I'm adding the button just like normal, the proper way as far as I know.  Why would your mod be killing my icon?

2 minutes ago, Agathorn said:

Well I don't see what I can do from my side.  I'm adding the button just like normal, the proper way as far as I know.  Why would your mod be killing my icon?

Not sure (I haven't make test) but I think because you use ApplicationLauncher.Instance.AddOnHideCallback to remove the button.

19 hours ago, Malah said:

Not sure (I haven't make test) but I think because you use ApplicationLauncher.Instance.AddOnHideCallback to remove the button.

Ok that makes a sort of sense.  Currently I use that event to know when the toolbar is going away on a scene change, so I can remove the button and avoid duplicates.  But I can see how that could be causing an issue.  I will see if I can refactor things but I need to do some testing first to get a better feel for when the various events fire.